What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R11 Fri - Warriors 14-30 Dragons @ FMG Waikato

Round 11: Warriors v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
Well, that was a very one sided game. The result seemed inevitable from early on.

Dragons have done well to stay in touch with the top 4 without Widdop and Dugan.

The top 4 probably should win about 8 of their last 12 each if they play reasonably well, and that would be hard for the Dragons to stay with if they drop too many with Widdop and Dugan out.

But the Dragons have a much easier draw than the 4 teams above them (the only current top 4 team they play from here is the Broncos) and can still make the top 4 easily with a good string of wins if they can stay in touch now.

(Obviously if one of the current top 4 collapses and loses a lot of their last games many teams could over take them, but there is usually not a lot of change in the ladder for the 2nd half of the season).

They deserve that chance, since their start was so good. Much as I feel for Warriors fans having to endure such a horrible loss, the Dragons copped a rough break with injuries and some tough losses, and it is good for the finals and the competition if we have as many competitive sides in it until the end as possible (no "soft" comps....).

Vic Mackey

Referee
That's quite a pension Luke picked up courtesy of the Warriors.

Still happy you ditched us for the Warriors, Roger? :D

I had some business dealings with RTS just before he left for NZ, he said he was only going for 3 years then moving back to Sydney. I assumed he already had an agreement with the roosters but that's obviously not the case.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
RTS, Foran, Mannering, Fusitua, Lillyman, Johnson, Luke....These guys all walk into the starting side at any other club

Lillyman is a no. Wouldn't walk into a starting side.

Same with Fusitua. Physically talented, but not mentally talented which is more important.

Aside from that you've named one forward. Think about that and you might start to see part of the issue.

vvvrulz

Coach
What cattle?

Always hear this from other clubs fans. It's such a generic response that the Warriors have so much talent. It's the biggest myth in the NRL and yet people swallow it so easily.

Johnson
Foran
RTS
Luke
Mannering
Hoffman
Matulino
Lillyman

All high-quality players, four premiership winners

Many NRL teams don't have riches like that on the park.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
What cattle?

Always hear this from other clubs fans. It's such a generic response that the Warriors have so much talent. It's the biggest myth in the NRL and yet people swallow it so easily.

Yeah, you're right.

Foran, Johnson, RTS, Mutalino, Luke, Kata, Mannering, Lolohea (whether he is in the team or not).

That's a pretty shit core right there.

My apologies. Kearney for coach of the year.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yeah, you're right.

Foran, Johnson, RTS, Mutalino, Luke, Kata, Mannering, Lolohea (whether he is in the team or not).

That's a pretty shit core right there.

My apologies. Kearney for coach of the year.

Again, a nice lack of forwards mentioned. Is it sinking in at all yet?

Kata and Lolohea. lol. Your naming guys who only have "parts" of their game up to first grade standard. No wonder you think the cattle is there.

wibble

Bench
Well for comparison's sake (and I know I'm biased, but we are the premiers so you need to have a team similar to ours to win) I don't think a single member of that Warriors side gets in to the Shark's starting side.

Foran is obviously quality but doesn't displace Maloney.

And I don't know if any of their starters would displace any of our bench either.

That's not to say I think they are all terrible or the Sharks all brilliant, but compare each position and it's hard to see us wanting any of the Warriors

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Lillyman regularly makes Queensland.

So? QLD isn't exactly flush with props and that ignores guys like JWH, Bromwich, Graham etc who aren't even eligible. For the last few seasons QLD have gotten by pushing second rowers to play prop instead.

He wouldn't just walk into any starting side, to think that is just plain wrong. Would make a great bench prop, that's about it.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Again, a nice lack of forwards mentioned. Is it sinking in at all yet?

Kata and Lolohea. lol. Your naming guys who only have "parts" of their game up to first grade standard. No wonder you think the cattle is there.

Hoffman and Lillyman. Both are rep players and more than capable. So thats 4 rep forwards in your pack.

Thanks for the condescending smugness though.

If a coach can't get more out of that list then he is f*cking useless, regardless of whether your superior intellect thinks so or not.

Lolohea is a good bloody player and will prove so when he leaves that rabble. But I am certain you know better.

Latest posts