What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R14 Fri - Sea Eagles 18-14 Knights @ Lottoland

Round 14: Sea Eagles v Knights

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Pathetic.

Who is this unnamed "senior reviewer" he is referring to, and why does his word somehow mean that a touch judge should be ignored?

The senior review official would be Jared Maxwell. Whenever he was the onfield official at Brookie you could be sure that he would do everything in his power to get Manly home, looks like nothing has changed.

Sounds like Archer's pissed off though, might be the last we see of the incompetent tit for a while.

It begs the question though, why did he do it? He gave the referee advice that he knew to be incorrect in direct contravention of the accepted process. There needs to be an investigation, because that's extremely suspect.

Drunk Hannibal

Juniors
It begs the question though, why did he do it? He gave the referee advice that he knew to be incorrect in direct contravention of the accepted process. There needs to be an investigation, because that's extremely suspect.
How much of an investigation do you think there's going to be when the finger ultimately points back at Archer?

The Beaver

Juniors
Newcastle's last try came after a charge down wasn't called 6 again. Just because you turn your back at the last second, doesn't mean you didn't play at it, in the same way as someone trying to make a tackle isn't necessarily playing at the ball directly, but if it's passed into his hand while making the tackle, it's called 6 again.

Anyone claiming that the Uate try means Newcastle win is deluded. It changes absolutely everything. Manly clocked off with 5 to go, up by 10. If they were only up by 4, they're more switched on and Newcastle don't score. Just like for the vast majority of the first half when they had all that possession due to some questionable penalties, and all they could manage was that scrappy try off the boot.

justdave

Juniors
Haha. We won mate. That's two points by the way and I think we have a bye next week. We're sitting in a good position.

I'm a happy camper

Iafeta

Referee
What on earth is Mongwell doing in the box anyway? Everyone knew he was an incompetent little SOB, it's the reason he was unceremoniously dumped as an on field referee.

Surely now he is sacked and black listed.

Saxon

Bench
Maxwell broke the rules. Video refs are specifically forbidden to intervene in the decision making process without referral.
Klown broke the rules. He received and acted on forbidden information.
If they didn't know what they did was wrong then their training is inadequate. If they did know then they have no respect for the integrity of the game.
Either way, both need to be disciplined.

Looking back over the last couple of years and a range of quick decisions where refs have surprisingly braved an instant decision rather than going to the video, I suspect it is common practice; one of those little shortcuts that creep into any workplace over time. And, as with any workplace, the way to manage it is to update training and to "performance manage" the culprits.

And just personally - after years of watching Klown make a mockery of games in the NRL and Super League - the sooner he is performance managed to Centrelink the better.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Utterly dreadful decision.

If it was against us I would be filthy.

But why can prople not grasp the concept that by taking that try away from Manly, it is not just a simple maths equation of 4 minus 6 equals you lose.

The entire course of the game is altered from that point if the decision is changed.

Could Newcastle have won? Yes

Was it a certainty? Not a f*cking chance.

But one thing we can all agree on - refs are inept, bumbling deadshits.

big hit!

Bench
I'm really not that surprised that not all efforts to get the right outcome was permitted. Even if it wasn't referred and the try was given on the field, it should've been reversed as soon as the video ref saw the replay of it being dropped.

Decisions are reversed in general play, it should've been here.

Bazal

Post Whore
The final margin was 4 points. You were gifted six that you weren't entitled to. Not a long bow at all...

Not only that, but it would have been a 7 tackle set. So instead of 12-8 down with a 7 tackle set, it was 18-8 and a restart of play. That's a huge turnaround. Not a long bow to suggest that the game turned on that call, in fact I'd say it's a very long bow to suggest it didn't.

Johns Magic

Referee
I hope Manly fans are so philosophical that points don't determine games when a decision goes against them.

Manly lose by 2 and the other team was incorrectly awarded a try near the end? No use being upset. If the correct call had been made, things go differently and maybe they lose by 50 instead.

justdave

Juniors
Not only that, but it would have been a 7 tackle set. So instead of 12-8 down with a 7 tackle set, it was 18-8 and a restart of play. That's a huge turnaround. Not a long bow to suggest that the game turned on that call, in fact I'd say it's a very long bow to suggest it didn't.

You're implying Newcastle can go the length of the field in a 7 tackle set? Hahaha