What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R18 Sat - Panthers 16-8 Sea Eagles @ Pepper

Round 18: Panthers v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AJB1102

First Grade
Well that match doesn't tell us much. Manly defended well but against very ordinary attack. Penrith held Manly out enough but the few times Manly had it in good ball they seemed to score pretty easy.

Bring that penalty count back to something like 7-4 Penrith's way and I think its pretty different result.

Think Manly will be a pest in the finals but maybe just a tad away from giving it a real shake. Having said that if Tom, Jake, Taupau, DCE, and Api fire for a few weeks in September look out.

Well that match doesn't tell us much. Manly defended well but against very ordinary attack. Penrith held Manly out enough but the few times Manly had it in good ball they seemed to score pretty easy.

Bring that penalty count back to something like 7-4 Penrith's way and I think its pretty different result.

Think Manly will be a pest in the finals but maybe just a tad away from giving it a real shake. Having said that if Tom, Jake, Taupau, DCE, and Api fire for a few weeks in September look out.
As a proud Manly hater Jake is a freak and im glad he didnt play. NSW player for the next 10+ years and future captain

AJB1102

First Grade
As a proud Manly hater Jake is a freak and im glad he didnt play. NSW player for the next 10+ years and future captain

haha proud Manly hater here too and QLD'er to boot. Can't disagree with any of that. Looks like a fat gronk, especially compared to his brother, but kid can f**ken play! Makes Tom a better player when he's out there with him too.

Its bad enough to rap Manly players but just to rub salt into the wounds they seem like genuine decent blokes as well.

haha proud Manly hater here too and QLD'er to boot. Can't disagree with any of that. Looks like a fat gronk, especially compared to his brother, but kid can f**ken play! Makes Tom a better player when he's out there with him too.

Its bad enough to rap Manly players but just to rub salt into the wounds they seem like genuine decent blokes as well.
Yep makes me sick

GongPanther

Referee
Manly was off and uncharacteristically ill-disciplined tonight, but the 14-4 penalty count was absolutely ridiculous (i know the panthers are sponsored by oak, but some of the blatant milking that was rewarded with bs penalties was embarrassing). Completely understand Barretts blow up and methinks Perenara deserves a good spell for a few weeks.
How that "try" was given is beyond me and shows how s#!+ the bunker can be. Apparently you can take the ball from a teammate whilst being in front of him?
Knew it would be hard to beat a hungry Panthers team in Penrith and they sure turned up to have a dig. Shame we didnt get to see a fair contest, wouldve been an interesting tussle.

O.K. Sam...here is your try back that Penrith shouldn't had been awarded.

Fulltime: Penrith 10 Manly 8.

BuddPanther

Juniors
14-4 penalty count to Panthers... should be every week. Bout time a ref took off the blindfold and actually took some action against all the favoured teams that just think they can manipulate the ruck in such a way just to stop Panthers momentum in games and get away with it.
It is quite obvious that this happens to them every single week and other teams I am sure are coached this way when they play Penrith

OldPanther

Coach
14-4. Were Manly that ill-disciplined?

Yes. They were trying to slow the game. They only had 2 forwards on the bench I was told by a Manly fan(In the Perenara thread). They also reacted badly to the first few penalties. There were a few back chat penalties.

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Lol

Rugby league is not a mathematics equation.

Never ceases to amaze me how people think simple subtraction sums are valid in assessing a game.

Anyhoo, bring on the Tigers. Hoping for a bloodbath.

justdave

Juniors
14-4 penalty count to Panthers... should be every week. Bout time a ref took off the blindfold and actually took some action against all the favoured teams that just think they can manipulate the ruck in such a way just to stop Panthers momentum in games and get away with it.
It is quite obvious that this happens to them every single week and other teams I am sure are coached this way when they play Penrith

Manly a favoured team.... bahahahaha

Good win though

ed-grimley

Bench
Yes. They were trying to slow the game. They only had 2 props I was told by a Manly fan(In the Perenara thread). They also reacted badly to the first few penalties. There were a few back chat penalties.
But 14-4 - that's just OTT.
So much for the prediction that Penrith would be on the wrong side of the penalty count.

OldPanther

Coach
Lol

Rugby league is not a mathematics equation.

Never ceases to amaze me how people think simple subtraction sums are valid in assessing a game.

Anyhoo, bring on the Tigers. Hoping for a bloodbath.

We'll go crazy trying to think of hypotheticals. I was commenting on the only thing we do know which was that tries were scored that should have been denied.

GongPanther

Referee
And take back the try from the DCE forward pass and it 10-4!
Not to mention the try which was disallowed to DWZ.Our player Hawiara did knock the ball into the Manly players leg,but it seemed that he knocked the ball backward...that one I'll check with the replay.

But the big underlining point here is that our attack has to improve.Instead of just putting on passes for the forwards to barge over,more creativity needs to be applied.