What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R25 Sun - Panthers 14-16 Dragons @ Pepper

Round 25: Panthers v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
2 losses to Mergeawarra and Souffs in the same season= should mean sack Griffin (but I know it won't happen :-( because of the winning streak..

Now hoping the Broncos smash the Cowboys so we can at least be safe in the 8. I only wanted to make the 8 for back to back years for a change but the results have all gone wrong this weekend. If they come 9th then Griffin's position must be reviewed surely. Far too many times the team only thinks it has to show up in the 2nd half and it will win but finally the brain fades in this team (those from DWZ) have cost us a game.

We've now increased the chances of a team nobody likes watching being in the 8, well done idiots.
Blake is the fooking imbecile.Bring back Whare.Good defender,good hands and knows his way to the line.

I think if the Panthers played more direct they would have torn us apart. There was a couple of runs where they had us turned around and backpeddling, They missed Molyan big time today and Cleary was off his game against a side that was desperate to still keep their season alive.

One of the few times this season I can say I'm proud of my Saints.
Nathan wasn't off, thats just his level at this point. He's not a match winner yet

Munted

Bench
Have Penrith beaten anyone of note all year?
Find me a top 8 that's balanced and has all teams in the top 8 beating top 8 teams so that everyone's place in the top 8 is justified.
f**k me.

Outside the top 4 and you got f**k all chance, which history shows.
Just let fans of the 14 other clubs making up the numbers have a bit of joy about making the 8 once or twice.
:)

OzDragon

Coach
Idk if Nein mentioned anything about it, but how did Wallace stay on? Stumbled out of a tackle and started bleeding from the mouth but never went for a HIA?

Munted

Bench
Idk if Nein mentioned anything about it, but how did Wallace stay on? Stumbled out of a tackle Andy started bleednig from the mouth but never went for a HIA?
Stayed on from what I could tell.
He looked ok though, didn't see the impact though.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Have Penrith beaten anyone of note all year?

I'll have you know, we have taken two top 8 sides this season: the mighty Sea Eagles and the crocked Cowboys. The funny thing is, if we lose to Manly next week and the Cowboys lose their place in the 8 to the Dragons, we will make the 8 having won ONE game against the other top 7 sides all season. That will be impressive.

OldPanther

Coach
Blake is the fooking imbecile.Bring back Whare.Good defender,good hands and knows his way to the line.

Can we not turn on players after a loss. He's been good the last 2 years. If you want to how about Wallace who seems to be the core of our poor discipline.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'll have you know, we have taken two top 8 sides this season: the mighty Sea Eagles and the crocked Cowboys. The funny thing is, if we lose to Manly next week and the Cowboys lose their place in the 8 to the Dragons, we will make the 8 having won ONE game against the other top 7 sides all season. That will be impressive.

Hey mate relax.

Round 26, the Mighty Eagles all but assured of a top 8 spot and playing the Panthers home at Brookvale. I can see as happy an ending as the last time this happened, in 2002.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Can we not turn on players after a loss. He's been good the last 2 years. If you want to how about Wallace who seems to be the core of our poor discipline.

That's just Gong's way. Backs the coach no matter what but throws the players to the wolves as soon as they make a mistake. He still criticizes everything Moylan does because he thinks Griffin was right to keep him at fullback

pantherz9103

First Grade
I wouldn't be surprised if the Dragons lose to their bogey team the Bulldogs next week. They have a terrible record against them and the Dogs could well lift. We lost to them because they're a bogey team for us, just like Souffs. For some reason we never seem to be able to play our best footy against these clubs. People talk about us not beating the top teams but if we miss the 8 it will be our losses against these kinds of teams that is to blame.

As for the thinking that it wouldn't matter if we make the 8 or not if we just get pumped week 1 anyway, I strongly disagree.
Griffin realistically won't be sacked whether we make the 8 or come 9th, Gould will be full of praise for his blooding youngsters and the mid season revival... so we may as well make the 8 even if we just get pumped week 1. I'm sick of following a club that finishes 9th to 12th in more seasons than not, they better get 8th minimum :mad:

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Where's gongpanther

Thought Penrith had this in the bag lol
You know what thought did? It got up and pissed off.

Good luck to the Dragons.They played to win with grit and purpose.On the other hand,we didn't score in the 2nd half because of our ineptness and brain-dead mistakes.

Brisbane win v Cows away,we make the 8.Then the Dragons hope we beat Manly,then they have to beat the Dogs to get I think 6th because of their superior for/against.

It's going to be quite a round next weekend.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I wouldn't be surprised if the Dragons lose to their bogey team the Bulldogs next week. They have a terrible record against them and the Dogs could well lift. We lost to them because they're a bogey team for us, just like Souffs. For some reason we never seem to be able to play our best footy against these clubs. People talk about us not beating the top teams but if we miss the 8 it will be our losses against these kinds of teams that is to blame.

As for the thinking that it wouldn't matter if we make the 8 or not if we just get pumped week 1 anyway, I strongly disagree.
Griffin realistically won't be sacked whether we make the 8 or come 9th, Gould will be full of praise for his blooding youngsters and the mid season revival... so we may as well make the 8 even if we just get pumped week 1. I'm sick of following a club that finishes 9th to 12th in more seasons than not, they better get 8th minimum :mad:

Theres no way in hell Gould will sack Griffin no matter what happens next week. In fact, he will get an extension in the off season.

GongPanther

Referee
That's just Gong's way. Backs the coach no matter what but throws the players to the wolves as soon as they make a mistake. He still criticizes everything Moylan does because he thinks Griffin was right to keep him at fullback
Fook you still clinging to this? Grow the hell up you insufferable prick..

pantherz9103

First Grade
You know what thought did? It got up and pissed off.

Good luck to the Dragons.They played to win with grit and purpose.On the other hand,we didn't score in the 2nd half because of our ineptness and brain-dead mistakes.

Brisbane win v Cows away,we make the 8.Then the Dragons hope we beat Manly,then they have to beat the Dogs to get I think 6th because of their superior for/against.

It's going to be quite a round next weekend.

It certainly will. The Penrith club never does things the easy way. They always have to make it difficult for themselves to even achieve what should be a minimum goal considering our squad (making the 8). That loss was poor today but we've played even worse and beat teams this season, but we get no luck against Merge and our luck ran out today with Edwards getting injured among other things.