What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R3 - Panthers 12-14 Roosters @ Pepper

Round 3: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Magik

Juniors
The mstch winning try was from an illegal pass. Ofcourse fans will be pissed off. Nothing marginal about that pass. Well over a meter forward as the image shows.

If they call that Panthers are still leading and it's 2 tries to 1. Still not an ideal way to win based on penalty goals. But that doesn't matter. That try should have been called back for the pass. A missed tackle after it shouldn't matter.

If the situation were reversed I can't see Roosters fans being happy about it. Or any teams fans.
xactly. Does it pass the "pub test". I dare say no.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah no way you can put Cleary in at 19 against that spine. God that would be throwing him to the wolves. Maybe in Game 3 you consider giving them a taste if the series is over. But even that could cause more damage then its worth.

Valheru

Coach
The mstch winning try was from an illegal pass. Ofcourse fans will be pissed off. Nothing marginal about that pass. Well over a meter forward as the image shows.

If they call that Panthers are still leading and it's 2 tries to 1. Still not an ideal way to win based on penalty goals. But that doesn't matter. That try should have been called back for the pass. A missed tackle after it shouldn't matter.

If the situation were reversed I can't see Roosters fans being happy about it. Or any teams fans.

Lol the image is doctored and you know it. It was forward but that image is Photoshopped to show the moment the ball was passed and the moment it was caught in the same image as can be seen by the fact that latrell hasnt been hit yet.

Keep playing the victim all you want but i hope for your sake the players and coach aren't because they will always be victims if they are.

At the end of the day you came away with 1 try from a miracle pass despite having every opportunity to score more with penalty goals and poor goal kicking being the only things keeping you in the game in the first place.

mxlegend99

Referee
Lol the image is doctored and you know it. It was forward but that image is Photoshopped to show the moment the ball was passed and the moment it was caught in the same image as can be seen by the fact that latrell hasnt been hit yet.

Keep playing the victim all you want but i hope for your sake the players and coach aren't because they will always be victims if they are.

At the end of the day you came away with 1 try from a miracle pass despite having every opportunity to score more with penalty goals and poor goal kicking being the only things keeping you in the game in the first place.
No shit the image has been photoshopped to show the pass and the catch. The red line wasn't there in the live feed either.

The image shows just how forward the pass was. It was obvious live. Just like the Broncos one last week. The image isnt a fake though. Thats how forward the pass was.

The difference is Cowboys are a better team than Panthers and can still win with a massive decision against them. Panthers will take it as a lesson learned. They created a lot of opportunities called back for offsides and interference on a player and so on. The penalty goals were the soft choice but two of them were to take a lead. One was to draw level. Every club makes the same decision in those circumstances. Even if they want to back themselves you have to take the 2. Or when you dont score or drop it on the first tackle people will be saying it was stupid not to take the 2.

Valheru

Coach
No shit the image has been photoshopped to show the pass and the catch. The red line wasn't there in the live feed either.

The image shows just how forward the pass was. It was obvious live. Just like the Broncos one last week. The image isnt a fake though. Thats how forward the pass was.

The difference is Cowboys are a better team than Panthers and can still win with a massive decision against them. Panthers will take it as a lesson learned. They created a lot of opportunities called back for offsides and interference on a player and so on. The penalty goals were the soft choice but two of them were to take a lead. One was to draw level. Every club makes the same decision in those circumstances. Even if they want to back themselves you have to take the 2. Or when you dont score or drop it on the first tackle people will be saying it was stupid not to take the 2.

Other than this meltdown you seem like a pretty reasonable and pragmatic poster.

I have full faith that you know that most passes at that speed are caught in front of where the passer passed it due to momentum, physics etc. So yes, doctoring the pic to show 2 different points in time does not tell the full story.

I would be filthy if it was against my team, no doubt, but there were plenty of other reasons the panthers lost.

TheFrog

Coach
If Archer can tell a pass is forward, why can't the bunker?
Who cares what Archer thinks. He is just offering an opinion like anyone else.
Well the result is not going to be changed, but it's now official from the refs boss that an incorrect decision determined the result. The least we can expect is for a few heads to roll. It was the same touchie who failed to call Tupou out. Clearly not first grade standard, I'd suggest he belongs in the Under 10's.

Last edited:

OVP

Coach
Don't worry Panthers fans, as a consolation prize you get a tub of this

2ouwIA0.png

RWB

Bench
Decisions like that are what's slowly turning fans away imo. Imagine being a family spending $150-$200 to see your team play to get ripped off by a dud call like that

No they're not.

You're just embellishing in the outrage culture. In 6 weeks time no Panthers fan will truly care about a forward pass in Round 3 that may or may not decided a game that they only managed to score 1 try in.

Bad calls have been happening in every professional sport right across the world for over a century. If bad call drove supporters away then sporting leagues & events wouldn't be half as big as they are.

Leave the sensationalism up to the Daily Telegraph.

Clifferd

Coach
No they're not.

You're just embellishing in the outrage culture. In 6 weeks time no Panthers fan will truly care about a forward pass in Round 3 that may or may not decided a game that they only managed to score 1 try in.

Bad calls have been happening in every professional sport right across the world for over a century. If bad call drove supporters away then sporting leagues & events wouldn't be half as big as they are.

You may be correct in saying it may not affect Penrith in 6-9 weeks time but do you really think the majority of the home crowd walk away happy with that call?

in the outcome of the game btw, it actually cost them 2 competition points

FYI, I think roosters were deserved winners

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
We had the chances to put the Roosters away well before the forward pass.

Because of coughed up ball from Tamou and the other Penrith player,which resulted from tries at the other end killed us.

Lessons will be hard learned from this outcome.Watch out Newcastle.

No they're not.

No one will care as long as it doesn't have a massive bearing on where we finish. If it means that we miss the 8 or miss the top 4 it may be different. But as you said we had chances to win the game, 17 errors by you guys and 1 try by us in response proves your point

TheFrog

Coach
Still not an ideal way to win based on penalty goals.
We lost a game under those circumstances last year, at Cronulla. The Sharks still received the two points. In Rugby League, the team that scores the most points wins the game.

RWB

Bench
You may be correct in saying it may not affect Penrith in 6-9 weeks time but do you really think the majority of the home crowd walk away happy with that call?

in the outcome of the game btw, it actually cost them 2 competition points

FYI, I think roosters were deserved winners

The majority of the crowd wouldn't have walked away happy with the call even if it was the right one. That's just fanatical supporters for you, it doesn't justify what you're saying. We've all been there.

No one is going to stop supporting the Panthers by not showing up to games because of that call though and that's what you insinuated. It's part of the drama of live sport, deep down we all hate it so much we love it.

TheFrog

Coach
I have to agree i dont know wtf moylan was doing. i thought the forward pass had been called because it seemed in slow mo
Moylan could have tackled Gordon without the ball, but he would have been sent to the bin for sure, if they didn't give the Roosters a penalty try. Still, he probably should have cheated.

Valheru

Coach
Well the result is not going to be changed, but it's now official from the refs boss that an incorrect decision determined the result. The least we can expect is for a few heads to roll. It was the same touchie who failed to call Tupou out. Clearly not first grade standard, I'd suggest he belongs in the Under 10's.

An incorrect decision did not determine the result. It was one incident out of hundreds in a game of football.

Who is to say the panthers don't knock the ball om from the next set after the call of a forward pass is made and we don't score from there?

The panthers got a rough call but were outplayed for 80 minutes and continuously concentrating on the one decision that lead to points is doing nothing other than masking what was a sub par attacking display from Penrith.

Valheru

Coach
It was very damn close. Panthers were not outplayed. Face it, you won on an incorrect call.

Nah, we won because we took more opportunities than the panthers did and defended stoically throughout.

Should have been a 13+ win TBH but penalty goals and attacking errors kept you in the game. The roosters definitely have to improve on that.