What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R6 Fri - Panthers 20-21 Rabbitohs @ Pepper

Round 6: Panthers v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munted

Bench
His intent is irrelevant.

The rules apply to matters of fact. The fact is: Johnston did not have the football. Latu has no right to stop him getting to the ball.

Your interpretation of what happened is nowhere stated in the rulebook. Mine is. Page 23. Correct call.

Where do you get a rule book from?
I'm looking to fap.

mxlegend99

Referee
Roosters 2014:
2 wins 4 losses after 6 rounds.
Finished Minor Prem.

Roosters 2015:
3 wins 5 losses after 8 rounds.
Finished Minor Prem.

Long looooong way to go yet. Penrith will still make the top 4, injuries permitting. I'm very confident of that.
Name the last year Panthers had a good run with injuries... we arent going near the top 4 this year.

Missing:
Moylan
Mansour
Peachey
Blake
Hiku
Cartwright
Mckendry
Jfh

3 of them disciplinary. 5 injured. We havent made the top 8 back to back since 2004.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Name the last year Panthers had a good run with injuries... we arent going near the top 4 this year.

Missing:
Moylan
Mansour
Peachey
Blake
Hiku
Cartwright
Mckendry
Jfh

3 of them disciplinary. 5 injured. We havent made the top 8 back to back since 2004.
We'll revisit this later in the year.

After the Storm and Cowboys I still have Penrith as top of the chasing pack for top 4.

I'm being objective and will.be surprised if I'm wrong.

After watching my Roosters last night I reckon we'll finish 17th. So you don't hsve to worry about us as competition for the top 4.

pantherz9103

First Grade

Missing:
Moylan
Mansour
Peachey
Blake
Hiku
Cartwright
Mckendry
Jfh

2003 probably. Almost no injuries that year and look what happened.

mxlegend99

Referee
His intent is irrelevant.

The rules apply to matters of fact. The fact is: Johnston did not have the football. Latu has no right to stop him getting to the ball.

Your interpretation of what happened is nowhere stated in the rulebook. Mine is. Page 23. Correct call.
He didnt stop him. He contested a kick. He didn't tackle him without the ball. The contact was made as both players tried to contest a kick. It happens every week. Its not penalised unless one player is trying to take the other out... if both are contesting the kick it's legal

Clifferd

Coach
We'll revisit this later in the year.

After the Storm and Cowboys I still have Penrith as top of the chasing pack for top 4.

I'm being objective and will.be surprised if I'm wrong.

After watching my Roosters last night I reckon we'll finish 17th. So you don't hsve to worry about us as competition for the top 4.

Roosters will be ok I reckon. Maybe the wake up call they needed last night, but yeah I don't see them making the 4.

Dragons are a smokey for top 4 barring serious injury, they are playing so good atm and I just see no reason as to why they'd slow down or lose form. Their defense is impressive

TheFrog

Coach
He had exactly no f**king chance in hell of catching that, he wasn't even close enough to catch it. It was penalty.
Cummins determined Latu was going for the man, not the ball, and thats that. You can knock your opponent into the stands if you are going for the ball, but Cummins ruled he wasn't. Maybe he was right.

betcats

Referee
He didnt stop him. He contested a kick. He didn't tackle him without the ball. The contact was made as both players tried to contest a kick. It happens every week. Its not penalised unless one player is trying to take the other out... if both are contesting the kick it's legal

You can't be contesting the ball when you are a metre from it.

yobbo84

First Grade
We were 0-8.Coming back to even the scores at 20 a piece shows one and all that attitude was not lacking.

Experience yes,but not attitude. The experience the players picked up in this game will be valuable during SOO.

But hey,congrats to Souths,3 wins so far this season.

Finals bound for Souths? Not likely.

I think based on our first 6 rounds and who we have missing we'll finish anywhere from 5th to 13th, which will probably only be a win or two and F/A between those spots. Our forwards are good, are halves are balanced and we just need our best 1-5 (sans Inglis) on the park and we'll compete every match.

snickers007

Juniors

He did stop him. He knocked him ass over.

Let's use your argument in another context. Billy Slater should be allowed to lead with his feet because he is trying to kick the ball - not the player. Ridiculous right?

Yes, he may have been contesting the ball. But he can't impede another player without the ball while doing so. Him contesting the ball does not make it a free for all. If he had of hit him in the head while contesting the ball, he should still be penalised for a high tackle.

There are 3 scenarios here:
1. You don't know the rules
2. Your bias is so strong that you can't apply the rules correctly
3. Both

Regardless, you're wrong.

ed-grimley

Bench
Cummins determined Latu was going for the man, not the ball, and thats that. You can knock your opponent into the stands if you are going for the ball, but Cummins ruled he wasn't. Maybe he was right.
He wasn't going for the ball - his hands were nowhere near it.

yobbo84

First Grade
On the Panthers - not just on tonight but Isaah Yeo is an absolute monster. Would love him in the red & green.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Is this seriously still a debate? That was a penalty every day of the week. Mind you, it's not the first time a penalty has been given over some doofus jumping in the general vicinity of the ball while knocking out a defender. It has happened many a time before, nothing controversial about it.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
On the win, Souths would not have won that game without half the Panthers team out. Our backline sucks. Forwards were impressive. Hopefully we'll take some confidence out of it. Panthers are a good side, finals footy for sure.

TheFrog

Coach
Is this seriously still a debate? That was a penalty every day of the week. Mind you, it's not the first time a penalty has been given over some doofus jumping in the general vicinity of the ball while knocking out a defender. It has happened many a time before, nothing controversial about it.
What made it a bit doubtful was Latu was looking upwards, but Cummins made up his mind and that was that. Latu should have just waited for him to catch it and then smashed him. Might have got a better result.

Panthers are a good side, finals footy for sure.

They'll have to do better than tonight, that's for sure.

Latest posts