What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC FINAL - AUS 6-0 ENG @ Brisbane

Result: 2017 RLWC Final

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vee

First Grade
Alannah something?

Easy on the eye the kids at work tell me. She's alright but I can't go past Renee Gartner because she was so good years ago.

King hit

Coach
I'm now home from the game. Was good that we had a very competitive final. I really enjoy tight low scoring games and we witnessed just that tonight. England are very unlucky not to win. I feel the main difference between England and Australia is that England whilst they have a very good side they just lack the class playmaker which Australia has a wealth of. If they had someone classy in the halves they would've scored at least a couple of tries tonight. Anyway it was a great defensive effort by the Aussies and I'm proud to say I support the national team with pride. Well deserved Boyd Cordner, was a very deserving winner of the MOM award. Got to shake hands with some of the team after the game and congratulate them.

KANGAROOS WORLD CHAMPIONS 2017

Vee

First Grade
I'm now home from the game. Was good that we had a very competitive final. I really enjoy tight low scoring games and we witnessed just that tonight. England are very unlucky not to win. I feel the main difference between England and Australia is that England whilst they have a very good side they just lack the class playmaker which Australia has a wealth of. If they had someone classy in the halves they would've scored at least a couple of tries tonight. Anyway it was a great defensive effort by the Aussies and I'm proud to say I support the national team with pride. Well deserved Boyd Cordner, was a very deserving winner of the MOM award. Got to shake hands with some of the team after the game and congratulate them.

KANGAROOS WORLD CHAMPIONS 2017
And Watkins blew two chances for Macgilvary

King hit

Coach
Cronk has retired from rep footy

Congratulations on a great career Cooper, the consummate professional. Even though you are a Queenslander I can't help but respect and like you

Well played sir

Saxon

Bench
The refs for England vs Australia should be Kiwi just so if they're horrible as most refs usually are they can't be accused of being bias.

Rugby league is the only sport in the world where you have English refs reffing England games and Aussies reffing Australia games.

I would rather have a slightly worse ref where his objectivity can't be questioned.
Perenara wouldn't have been "slightly worse".
He's not as good a ref as he was a player; and he doesn't make too many honour roles there...

Rhino in Oz

Juniors
Went to the game, not the greatest skill wise from both teams .
Never seen a Australian team that tired in the last 15minutes before and we were very close to forcing extra time .
Cronk and smith just wanted to find the touch line to eat down the clock as there forwards were goosed .
The ref was not biased to either team so please no whining from us poms because we had enough field position to score points but ultimately came up just a fraction short .
Thought Luke gale was in desperate need of some support from Brown and Kalum Watkins was the best centre on the field .

Our forwards were outstanding and the wingers made plenty of yards.
Bennett was just starting to get this team to gel but the final probably came 1 game too soon, would be great if he stayed to finish to job but doubt he will .

Congrats to Australia think you just deserved it but only fecking just

roughyedspud

Coach
Perenara wouldn't have been "slightly worse".
He's not as good a ref as he was a player; and he doesn't make too many honour roles there...

Let a neutral ref a game before you pass judgement!!!...the best test ever reffed was by Richard silverwood,a pom, in a Anzac test 5-6 years ago...he blew for 3 penalties all the game,he let the game flow,not silly penalties,no evening up the counts.

I've said for weeks it's a massive conspiracy...we have driven for neutral refs for years...Australia wants the best ref available as long as he's a Aussie!!...and he doesn't see forward passes!

Australia scored off a forward pass and never got close after that...we bombed at least 5 tries...Australia was lucky as f**k!

stryker

First Grade
Let a neutral ref a game before you pass judgement!!!...the best test ever reffed was by Richard silverwood,a pom, in a Anzac test 5-6 years ago...he blew for 3 penalties all the game,he let the game flow,not silly penalties,no evening up the counts.

I've said for weeks it's a massive conspiracy...we have driven for neutral refs for years...Australia wants the best ref available as long as he's a Aussie!!...and he doesn't see forward passes!

Australia scored off a forward pass and never got close after that...we bombed at least 5 tries...Australia was lucky as f**k!
Cry in your warm beer you whinging pommy bastard lol...

Saxon

Bench

What are you on about you sad merkin?
I said Perenara wasn't world class, and he isn't. That's all. I don't recall saying we shouldn't have a neutral ref - just that we shouldn't have a crap one.

Cockwombles like you whine and complain about everything - if anyone is to blame for ruining the World Cup and the perception of it it's silly f**kers like you. You could say "we almost got there and we think we were the better team but didn't get the rub of the green on the day", but no you have to cry and say the Aussie ref's a cheat.

Steve Davy

Juniors
Seriously what is it with you guys blaming refs. The Aussie refs are the best refs in the world. They are not bias. There is no conspiracy where they give Australia more calls. Can't you just accept that Australia are the better team. Like you guys are better are soccer and union.

The ref was impartial today. I was not expecting that. It was well into the first half when I realized I could not predict which was a penalty was going to go on the basis of the tackle count, but on the play. That is incredibly refreshing and to my mind makes Australia's deserved victory all the better.

No complaints here and the Poms around me were had also feared the worst.
Australia are a great team and deserved to win. A superb game of rugby in which the difference was mistakes from the England team and a lack of edge on the Australian line, combined with commitment from the Aussies.
Thanks for a great world cup!

Pommy

Coach
Exactly...With that typical, slight, long term NRL player grunting pronunciation. He is going to make the same speech at the conclusion of the Save Cam Smith Campaign charity game.
The Jillaroos captain spoke like an actual person. Her speech almost made me cry. You could sense the non NRL'ness dripping off of her.
Man the NRL produces dead shits.

That’s enough Internet today.

carcharias

Immortal
Tom Burgess is why the poms lost

No ref bullshit
He missed plenty of stuff both ways
One blatant forward pass that could’ve resulted in a pommie try.

Pommy

Coach
Tom Burgess is why the poms lost

No ref bullshit
He missed plenty of stuff both ways
One blatant forward pass that could’ve resulted in a pommie try.

I think it’s harsh to blame Tom for losing. Our attack let us down in general to blame a single player is just shite.
Let’s be honest many didn’t believe england would make the final prior to the opener and I don’t think anyone would have believed we would hold Australia to a single converted try 5 weeks ago.
Australia are ahead of everyone but the good news for the sport is they’re not as far ahead as we thought.