What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Draw

Diesel

Referee
I assume the reasoning is because of QLD not having daylight saving, but this is nothing new.

The muppets allow 9 to run the game

beave

Coach
Helps with the rd2 game in Brissy though. It was f**king bedlam trying to get from Milton to Suncorp (southern gate) last year for it. Was lined up for about 20odd mins trying to get in through the gate plus the trundle from the station took twice as long due to the amount of people all arriving at once thanks to the idiotic state not having daylight savings.

Does anybody know what the schedule is for team announcements in 2018?

Same as last year as far as I'm aware, which is -

4.00 pm (Sydney time) Tuesday - 21 player squad announced with 17 active players named in position, with a maximum of four additional players named as "Reserves". (The Warriors squad will be released at 3.00pm Sydney time [5.00pm Auckland time] on Tuesdays);
24 hours before kick-off - 19-man squad, only from players included in the initial 21-man squad, is selected with 17 "Active" players named in position and a maximum of two additional players named as "Reserves; and
1 hour before kick-off - a final team of 17 active players is confirmed, only selected from players included in the 19-man squad.

AJB1102

First Grade
I was fiddling with my super coach side and looked at Parra's early season line ups. Come end of round 9 they will have played Penrith, Manly, Tigers and Sharks twice.

That is f**king ludicrous.

Vee

First Grade
Everyone playing everyone else before any repeats is my pet hate with the draw.

tumbidragon

First Grade
While we're kicking the draw. Noticed that the f**kwitts (@Dragons or NRL, not to sure) have scheduled Dragons V Sharks 'local' Derby at WIN again.. Why! Those derby's should always be played out of Shark Park or Kogarah on a Sat or Sun afternoon. Not *8:05pm on a f**king Thursday!
Disgusting.

EDIT: Noticed the Sharks end of the derby is held on the 8:05 Thurs slot as well... Absolute madness NRL!

Last edited:

jargan83

Coach
While we're kicking the draw. Noticed that the f**kwitts (@Dragons or NRL, not to sure) have scheduled Dragons V Sharks 'local' Derby at WIN again.. Why! Those derby's should always be played out of Shark Park or Kogarah on a Sat or Sun afternoon. Not *8:05pm on a f**king Thursday!
Disgusting.

EDIT: Noticed the Sharks end of the derby is held on the 8:05 Thurs slot as well... Absolute madness NRL!

I remember flying over for the derby at Kogarah last year which was the 6pm game on Friday night with half the crowd turning up after kick off!

Agree that the derby should be an arvo game.

Diesel

Referee
As long as the Broncos get their 18-odd Friday night games the other 15 teams can have the rest.

f**k you 9, ruining my Friday nights

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As long as the Broncos get their 18-odd Friday night games the other 15 teams can have the rest.

f**k you 9, ruining my Friday nights
Not even remotely accurate this year but hey, use repetitive cliches yeah?

Diesel

Referee
It’s a public holiday in QLD today, nothing is open.

Today would’ve been a perfect opportunity for the Broncos, Cowboys or Titans to have a game this arvo and would’ve out drawn the 22k at Suncorp on Thursday night.

If NSW can have a game for Queen’s Birthday Monday, QLD can have one today.

Reactions: Vee

Latest posts