What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Draw

Quigs

Immortal
Old mate and I are off norf on the 9th March. He just rang me and said he has booked a seat in his new car. His two sons will be the key drivers. Its on. Only 8 1/2 hours farkenn drive.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Old mate and I are off norf on the 9th March. He just rang me and said he has booked a seat in his new car. His two sons will be the key drivers. Its on. Only 8 1/2 hours farkenn drive.

Might head up for Rnd1 myself.

By plane of course :p

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
For me there's plenty to like about the home draw....
Only one Thursday night game
5 x Sunday arvo games.
No dreaded 5.30 Saturday games
Good Friday v Storm will be massive.....happy camper all in all.

King Ben

Juniors
Knowing my luck we'd get Ray f**kING Hadley .... gawd that bloke is a proper kent of a thang
Every Thursday night. For the next THREE years.

And the last few Saturdays will be on FTA again next year. Until the end of the current TV deal.

carcharias

Immortal
Reckon the Goons are the only side that would add more than 1k to any of our home crowds..

We’ve had the goons on a game over Easter
The crowd was way down.

The clubs should be allowed to elect at least 2 home game time slots each.

Sort that out
Then build the draw around it.
It is not hard
It would be almost the same requests each year.
They seem to be able to make allowances for the Anzac Day game for 2 teams.

Frenzy.

Immortal
we always seem to pull Brisbane, Melbourne, cowboys in the last few rounds before finals

No, not all of them always.

2014 - Storm, Raiders, Cows, Tigers
2015 - Storm, Tigers, Eels, Eagles
2016 - Dragons, Rabbits, Roosters, Storm
2017 - Broncos, Cows, Roosters, Knights
2018 - Storm, Cows, Knights, Bulldogs

The only team we consistently get at the end is the Storm and that will be ratings driven by the networks. Not played all 3 at the end in the last 5 years. The whole draw is ratings driven.

Here’s a comparison.

2014 - Rabbits, Knights, Dragons, Storm
2015 - Dragons, Roosters, Rabbits, Storm
2016 - Eels, Dogs, Storm, Roosters
2017 - Sharks, Dragons, Eels, Cows
2018 - Cows, Rabbits, Roosters, Eagles

Stake Removed

First Grade
I cant see how the NRL can screw the draw, too me its easy.

The top 8 clubs from previous season play each other twice and play bottom eight teams once, do the reverse for bottom 8, that automatically is 22 of the 24 games sorted.

The 16 teams have list submitted in order of rivalry games, and you start from the bottom 8 for example Titans would probably have Broncs/Cows straight up there is 24 games and comp set for them.

Drags would have had us so for 2018 they are at 23 games and we are as well, just move through the draw and its done.

So you finish in top 8 you get harder draw next year, have that set in stone no one can complain moving forward

Madsharkie

First Grade
I was reading an article about the draw the other day (can’t be bothered finding it), where based on 2017 finishing positions, it rated each team and then ranked the difficulty of the 2018 draw for each club. Probably not an ideal rating system, but fmd, take a guess which team has the ‘easiest’ draw? The Storm! (I think the Rorters had the second easiest.)

I’m obviously not a Storm fan, and all I want is the fairest competition for ALL teams. How can the bloody premiers have the easiest draw the following year? That’s the complete f**king opposite of where it should be! Surely the wooden spoon team would have an ‘easier’ draw than the bloody title holders? Is your head completely up your ass Greenberg?! Shows how biased the NRL and other ‘interests’ are to certain clubs.

Out of interest, the mighties pulled the third hardest draw for 2018. :rolling_eyes:

sharkman73

Juniors
I was reading an article about the draw the other day (can’t be bothered finding it), where based on 2017 finishing positions, it rated each team and then ranked the difficulty of the 2018 draw for each club. Probably not an ideal rating system, but fmd, take a guess which team has the ‘easiest’ draw? The Storm! (I think the Rorters had the second easiest.)

I’m obviously not a Storm fan, and all I want is the fairest competition for ALL teams. How can the bloody premiers have the easiest draw the following year? That’s the complete f**king opposite of where it should be! Surely the wooden spoon team would have an ‘easier’ draw than the bloody title holders? Is your head completely up your ass Greenberg?! Shows how biased the NRL and other ‘interests’ are to certain clubs.

Out of interest, the mighties pulled the third hardest draw for 2018. :rolling_eyes:

Yeah I read that, was on the NRL website.

Gotta laugh!

Card Shark

Immortal
The previous year’s form is obviously not the perfect gauge on how hard a team’s draw might be but it is the best gauge possible.

How can teams that continually be near the top, get such blessed draws?

Whereas the knights, who are desperate to avoid their 4 consecutive spoon, play 7 of their first 9 away from home. Their season might be all-but over by the time that sequence is done.

Latest posts