What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Anyone got the stats on which jerseys the tigers have worn this year?

I swear this monstrosity of an away jersey is all they wear

The tigers home does not clash with the roosters home. I’d say the away is a worse contrast than the home

f**k that jersey. Worst in the comp for years

Klim

Juniors
Storm Heritage jersey.
ms18jsy13m-front.jpg
ms18jsy13m-back.jpg

gzerounian

Juniors
Anyone got the stats on which jerseys the tigers have worn this year?

I swear this monstrosity of an away jersey is all they wear

The tigers home does not clash with the roosters home. I’d say the away is a worse contrast than the home

f**k that jersey. Worst in the comp for years

They have had 6 away games and worn the away jersey 8 times if you include Stay Kind jersey.

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 9.07.57 am.png

toomuchsoup

Juniors
They have had 6 away games and worn the away jersey 8 times if you include Stay Kind jersey.

View attachment 20591
Thanks man

That’s atrocious. I’d love to know what their reasoning is... I can’t imagine many fans buying it.

I’m not sure what annoys me more, the crappy tiger logo fading with a sponsor in the middle of its head or the fact a club with one of the most unique colours in the comp are wearing white all the time. It’d be a bit more acceptable if they wore orange shorts

Imagine if Canberra barely used the lime green and stuck to majority white

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That’s atrocious. I’d love to know what their reasoning is... I can’t imagine many fans buying it.

The reasoning in almost all cases would have been to provide a general contrast against the home side.

R1 - home jersey v Roosters
R2 - away jersey @ Storm
R3 - members jersey v Broncos
R4 - stay kind jersey v Eels
R5 - away jersey v Storm (reasoning unclear)
R6 - away jersey @ Manly
R7 - members jersey v Knights (Knights wore orange mining, home jersey orange shoulders wouldn't have worked well)
R8 - ANZAC jersey @ Eels
R9 - away jersey @ Warriors
R10 - Indigenous jersey v Cowboys
R11 - away jersey @ Penrith
R12 - home jersey v Bulldogs
R13 - away jersey @ Roosters

Apart from R5 v Storm the logic is fairly sound for them wearing the away jersey six times (not 7).

If I was to guess the rest of the season:

R14 - away jersey @ Sharks
R15 - home jersey v Raiders
R16 - home jersey v Titans
R18 - home jersey @ Dragons
R19 - home jersey v Souths
R20 - home jersey @ Bulldogs
R21 - away jersey @ Knights
R22 - home jersey @ Raiders (potential WIL?)
R23 - home jersey v Dragons
R24 - home jersey v Manly
R25 - away jersey @ Souths

Basically, it should balance out in the second half of the season with away games v predominantly white Bulldogs and Dragons and the Raiders wearing a white WIL strip in Round 22 (assuming WT don't have their own WIL spin)

gzerounian

Juniors
Balmain's loss of power at board level has meant more black less orange. With so many teams wearing black/dark jerseys inevitably means fewer opportunities for wearing home jersey.

Diesel

Referee
Why can’t the Tigers have a predominately black jersey with white and gold/orange, while the alternate would be a predominately gold/orange jersey with some black.

Can’t see the predominately gold/orange jersey clashing except for Parra’s yellow jersey while the black jersey would only clash with Warriors, Panthers and Storm

beave

Coach
Why can’t the Tigers have a predominately black jersey with white and gold/orange, while the alternate would be a predominately gold/orange jersey with some black.

Can’t see the predominately gold/orange jersey clashing except for Parra’s yellow jersey while the black jersey would only clash with Warriors, Panthers and Storm

Yeeeeep. So many people on here have said the same f**king thing for years hey, the Tigers have NFI for jerseys. One of the best colour sets in the game and they f**k it up 9/10.

At least the don’t have a ridiculous jersey like my clowns that has their team logo blown up on the front....... oh wait.

gzerounian

Juniors

They did in 2014 then the following year the orange version mysteriously disappeared and was replaced by the white and grey stripes jersey. Instead of 2 different colours for the V, I think this would have looked good as a home and away.

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 12.33.15 pm.png

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They did in 2014 then the following year the orange version mysteriously disappeared and was replaced by the white and grey stripes jersey. Instead of 2 different colours for the V, I think this would have looked good as a home and away.

View attachment 20594
*cue the uproar from Balmain and Magpies fans*

But real talk, the reason this doesn't happen is because jerseys need to contrast, and white achieves this better than orange. It's that simple.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

View attachment 20594

The problem comes when you try to decide which should be the "Home" jersey.

The obvious choice it to use the black with orange-white hoops (and an alternate/away in Orange). Hoops are better than a V simply because they arent ruined by a sponsor box, and it would suffice to keep both sides happy.

Wests nailed it in 2009/2010 seasons with these jerseys. Simple and clean black and orange.

Sadly unlike St.George where saints has held prominence over Illawarra with history and finance, Wests had a change of fortune with the Magpies coming out the bigger member and paying the bills but have to put up with Tigers getting the naming rights at the time.

4291556-3x2-940x627.jpgBenji+Marshall+NRL+Rd+3+Wests+Tigers+v+Eels+Z1icHogBxBQl.jpg

macavity

Referee
Wests nailed it in 2009/2010 seasons with these jerseys. Simple and clean black and orange.

Sadly unlike St.George where saints has held prominence over Illawarra with history and finance, Wests had a change of fortune with the Magpies coming out the bigger member and paying the bills but have to put up with Tigers getting the naming rights at the time.

View attachment 20603View attachment 20604

Their best jerseys, but it annoyed me that they were a slightly different design :|

Status
Not open for further replies.