What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

LineBall

Juniors
I have mentioned before how much of a waste it is to have such a great jersey only to ruin the classic Manly look by wearing maroon shorts. All their membership material has them wearing maroon shorts so unfortunately it is here to stay.

It's criminal. If they wear a white clash/away jersey - will they wear white shorts?

gzerounian

Juniors
It's criminal. If they wear a white clash/away jersey - will they wear white shorts?
You know...I went to see them at a Cronulla home game once many years ago on a Saturday night and Manly had actually had done this! They looked terrible. I'll try and find a pic.

gzerounian

Juniors
Here it is...round 24 2005. There was no real reason for it other than maybe they accidentally packed the wrong shorts.
Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 4.09.30 pm.png

Stallion

First Grade
I have mentioned before how much of a waste it is to have such a great jersey only to ruin the classic Manly look by wearing maroon shorts. All their membership material has them wearing maroon shorts so unfortunately it is here to stay.

Do Manly wear the maroon shorts when wearing the mainly white top? If so you have a point. As the inverse of the whole strip is a good idea.

gzerounian

Juniors
In Manly's defence..that Manly jersey was a one off heritage round jersey BUT they did have maroon shorts that year so no excuses for stuffing it up. This was their home/away kits in 2005

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 5.31.35 pm.png

Last edited:

gzerounian

Juniors
The player numbers on the sharks are extremely clear on television...iim sure the commentators are loving it. In previous years they have had white numbers on black and this year they have black numbers on white. But I think the white is too wide on the back and it looks silly. I would have brought the black in from the sides like this.

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 7.35.20 pm.png

gzerounian

Juniors
I know I’m the only one but I like manly in all maroon.
I think it looks great too...but its just not Manly. In saying that, there was a brief moment in history where manly did actually use maroon shorts with that jersey (late 60's or early 70's). It reminds me of the early 80's when the sharks wore sky blue shorts.

hellteam

First Grade
I think it looks great too...but its just not Manly. In saying that, there was a brief moment in history where manly did actually use maroon shorts with that jersey (late 60's or early 70's). It reminds me of the early 80's when the sharks wore sky blue shorts.

Now I'm curious to see a current day Cronulla strip with sky blue shorts

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The player numbers on the sharks are extremely clear on television...iim sure the commentators are loving it. In previous years they have had white numbers on black and this year they have black numbers on white. But I think the white is too wide on the back and it looks silly. I would have brought the black in from the sides like this.

View attachment 18453
Nope and nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts