What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Membership Thread

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Still a fan champ. That's whom I barrack for. Just would like to have valua in my membership and the club I support making the right decisions abd having a more developmental (local) attitude. DON'T LIKE THIS RUNNING AWAY FROM LOCAL AREA CAPER!

You mean like the bears did 20 years ago?
I guess it comes down to the definition of a fan. You said it champ. Roosters are who you “barrack” for. You would drop them like a hot potato if the bears came back in either capacity whether it was NS or CC. That’s hardly a true fan and with all the membership options the roosters have out there you can’t become a member? Really? Hardly a true fan. That’s the problem with a lot of rl supporters. They say they are fans but ultimately it’s actually not the case. Your sir fall in that category.

Stallion

First Grade
You mean like the bears did 20 years ago?
I guess it comes down to the definition of a fan. You said it champ. Roosters are who you “barrack” for. You would drop them like a hot potato if the bears came back in either capacity whether it was NS or CC. That’s hardly a true fan and with all the membership options the roosters have out there you can’t become a member? Really? Hardly a true fan. That’s the problem with a lot of rl supporters. They say they are fans but ultimately it’s actually not the case. Your sir fall in that category.

? Very strange assessment!I am more of a fan of the code first and foremost. Don't think you get that from your diabolical response!?

Last edited:

rooster25

Juniors
Good on you for keeping your membership . However as a Rooster fan Im a bit peeved off with some of the things they are doing. I dont like the fact they look like they have given up on developing their own local area and are opting for an easy out by throwing money at Central Coast juniors. And I cringe everytime they are referred to as the Sydney Roosters. I believe that a more accurate and just as easy pronoune name in East Sydney Roosters would work even better. Just my thoughts on my stance to not donate(be a member )to the club until I believe they are doing the right thing.

Mate understand your points and couldn’t agree more that the club should put Easts back in the name, prefer Eastern Sydney as East Syd is a suburb itself, however the club is puttting more work into the East subs area for juniors than they ever had. It was the only area to have an increase on juniors last season. Unfortunately due to parts of the Eastern subs juniors taken over by Souths..their area is small so to invest in more juniors they invested in the central coast which is a great area for RL and a win win for both parties.

Join up mate! The club does a very good job compared to many others and deserves your support. Go the Chooks!

Stallion

First Grade
Mate understand your points and couldn’t agree more that the club should put Easts back in the name, prefer Eastern Sydney as East Syd is a suburb itself, however the club is puttting more work into the East subs area for juniors than they ever had. It was the only area to have an increase on juniors last season. Unfortunately due to parts of the Eastern subs juniors taken over by Souths..their area is small so to invest in more juniors they invested in the central coast which is a great area for RL and a win win for both parties.

Join up mate! The club does a very good job compared to many others and deserves your support. Go the Chooks!

Thanks for the info. I suggest East look to justify gaining back those junior areas lost to South Sydney . If they had it once the Roosters can have it again. I'm sure Souths can develop their own area further.

juro

Bench
Surely Perth Pirates is better than West Coast Pirates. There already is a West Coast.
Huh? I assume you're referring to the West Coast Eagles?

But there is also the Perth Scorchers, Perth Glory, Perth Wildcats and probably a few others too...

For the last few years the NRL has paid for two membership staff in each club.

Its quite surprising that I don't get emails from the NRL or clubs that have played in perth in recent years as I have bought tickets to every NRL event and would have thought that would have put me on marketing databases?

Maybe they all have a no dikhead policy?

Pommy

Coach
Surely Perth Pirates is better than West Coast Pirates. There already is a West Coast.

I guess it depends if you think New Zealand warriors is better than Auckland Warriors, expansion teams need to be as inclusive and far reaching as they are able to build a brand around.

Billythekid

First Grade
So still 11K looks like that number is staying pretty steady, I'm happy with that. The higher we get the harder the growth will be. Hopefully the new stadiums will give a few clubs a good boost.

Well done Newcastle, the first club to have broken 2017 total

Expected considering how well they performed last year.

beave

Coach
NQ’s should jump a bit the next week or so, the merch/membership van is on the way down for the ‘Save JT’ game tomorrow night,

I’d say they’ll sign a few up on the night. Plus the single game memberships will start to take effect soon enough now that it’s an official mechanism. I don’t agree with it, but it is what it is.