What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R9 Sat - Warriors 26-4 Wests Tigers @ Mt Smart

Round 9: Warriors v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 9
Warriors v Wests Tigers
Mt Smart Stadium, Penrose (TICKETS)
Saturday 5 May 2018

(times AEST) Gates TBC / NRL 5:30pm

(times NZT) Gates TBC / NRL 7:30pm

TL-WAR18.png

1. Roger Tuivasa-sheck 2. David Fusitua 3. Peta Hiku 4. Solomone Kata 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Blake Green 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Bunty Afoa 9. Issac Luke 10. Agnatius Paasi 11. Simon Mannering 12. Tohu Harris 13. Adam Blair
Interchange: 14. Karl Lawton 15. Sam Lisone 16. Isaiah Papalii 17. James Gavet 18. Anthony Gelling 20. Mason Lino 21. Albert Vete 22. Sam Cook

TL-WST18.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Esan Marsters 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Mahe Fonua 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Matt Eisenhuth 9. Pita Godinet 10. Ben Matulino 11. Chris Lawrence 12. Robert Rochow 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Alex Twal 15. Josh Aloiai 16. Michael Chee Kam 17. Sauaso Sue 18. Tim Grant 19. Matt McIlwrick 20. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 21. Tyson Gamble

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Chris McMillan, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Luke Patten

Feeder team matches
WARRIORS (NSWRL) & WESTS TIGERS (NSWRL - Wests Magpies)
SAT
Mounties (CAN) v Warriors @ GIO Stadium, ISP 12:45pm
SUN
Dragons v Wests Magpies @ Jubilee Oval, ISP 11:45am
Flegg - all clubs BYE​

Last edited by a moderator:

Clifferd

Coach
Based on last two games we probably get flogged

I hope the warriors 1st half side v Melbourne turns up or we’re goneee

Clifferd

Coach
On a positive note we get key personnel back, Packer, ET and Twal will help our forwards immensely

Vic Mackey

Referee
Warriors get 3 key players back, hopefully we get a couple ourselves.

When we played the Storm in NZ the kiwis in our side (which is half of them) all said how excited they were to play there in front of their friends and family. Hopefully this leads to the same effort from them.

Either way hard to tip against the Warriors. Reckon they get us by 10.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Warriors to bounce back. Only because its at home and they should have a point to prove after the stench of last week's performance.

sup42

Juniors
Warriors get 3 key players back, hopefully we get a couple ourselves.

When we played the Storm in NZ the kiwis in our side (which is half of them) all said how excited they were to play there in front of their friends and family. Hopefully this leads to the same effort from them.

Either way hard to tip against the Warriors. Reckon they get us by 10.
That is a good point about your ex Warriors, this game is a grudge match for them.

Dont forget Ivan Cleary understands the DNA of Mt Smart, he has a terrific winning record against his old club, especially Penriths visits to Auckland.

Ivan was here for more than a decade, he knows how to settle a group into the Auckland scene, he has many freinds here, and he knows every blade of grass of that ground.

I fear the Tigers because of Ivan.

Isaac Luke is more important than the rest of our spine, our lean forward pack is completely dependent on him to get parity.

This is the best time to play the Warriors, no Luke means no fluid game plan and a loss of defensive leadership in the middle third.

Tigers favorites for mine. I am hoping Karl Lawton gets picked, because with Jazz and Cook we are toast.

Vic Mackey

Referee
That is a good point about your ex Warriors, this game is a grudge match for them.

Dont forget Ivan Cleary understands the DNA of Mt Smart, he has a terrific winning record against his old club, especially Penriths visits to Auckland.

Ivan was here for more than a decade, he knows how to settle a group into the Auckland scene, he has many freinds here, and he knows every blade of grass of that ground.

I fear the Tigers because of Ivan.

Isaac Luke is more important than the rest of our spine, our lean forward pack is completely dependent on him to get parity.

This is the best time to play the Warriors, no Luke means no fluid game plan and a loss of defensive leadership in the middle third.

Tigers favorites for mine. I am hoping Karl Lawton gets picked, because with Jazz and Cook we are toast.

yeah when you consider Fonua, Marsters, MWZ, Benji, Matulino, Godinet, Taylor, Aloiai, Chee Kam and Sue all have ties with NZ it makes sense that they'd step up for this game more then other sides. I think Marsters, Benji, Matulino, Taylor and Aloiai would all be chances of playing in the Denver Test and would want to impress. Throw in Cleary and its closer then the betting agencies have it.

Lukes been in great form and his main backup is also gone. Still leaning to Warriors but think Wests are a shot.

This Year?

Immortal
If Luke plays the Warriors will be very hard to beat, but I rate the Tigers and think they will get the job done, Brooks is having the season of his life and it is lifting the team. Having Packer back should get them the punch they have missed.

Latest posts