What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R9 Sun - Dragons 34-14 Storm @ Jubilee

Round 9: Dragons v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nerd

Bench
On this performance you would have to think as long as Widdop can stay uninjured the premiership is the Dragons to lose. I think it's the Dragons defence that is winning them games. As happens when a team is on a hot steak the 50/50 decisions also seem to fall their way as well. It's nice to see the Storm getting a number done on them for a change.

SBD82

Coach
I know you thought this wasn’t a try

What was different today? Btw, I tipped the Dragons!
Don't even have to watch that. The difference is that frizzel was standing still, aitken didn't dummy to him then run behind him.

The_Shield

Juniors
If Smith actually even half attempted to tackle him there might be a case.. but when he stands back 3 metres and just watches him run straight past him I think you are clutching bruz
Yes Smith could have made more of an effort, but at the same time he shouldn’t of had to cause Aitken should have never been allowed to run behind his teammate

Life's Good

Coach
What a surprise, our right edge defence. If Storm focused on playing instead of being grubs they would have been in with a shot today.

Lebbo73

Bench
Don't even have to watch that. The difference is that frizzel was standing still, aitken didn't dummy to him then run behind him.
It was no different. No one was obstructed in both instances and video refs are instructed to look at whether it was on the inside shoulder. That’s the real f**king joke, the inside shoulder. If you obstruct a defender, it is an obstruction. Not whether you hit his inside shoulder!

SBD82

Coach
It was no different. No one was obstructed in both instances and video refs are instructed to look at whether it was on the inside shoulder. That’s the real f**king joke, the inside shoulder. If you obstruct a defender, it is an obstruction. Not whether you hit his inside shoulder!
I just told you the difference.

wibble

Bench
On this performance you would have to think as long as Widdop can stay uninjured the premiership is the Dragons to lose. I think it's the Dragons defence that is winning them games. As happens when a team is on a hot steak the 50/50 decisions also seem to fall their way as well. It's nice to see the Storm getting a number done on them for a change.

Storm have had some good games but looked disjointed when playing three of the better defensive teams this season, in the Tigers, Sharks and now Dragons. That will be a concern for them.

Dragons have outstanding defense this year, but unlike the Tigers and Sharks also look very slick in attack. Penrith (at times and depending on injury) and Souths probably similar to Dragons in attack, but not as good defensively.

Dragons are the most complete team with Warriors a short step behind. Makes for an interesting year seeing the teams lifting their game are different to the last few years.