What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

southsport

First Grade
Reyno to the broncos it seems.

twitter.com
5r7eqiGn_400x400.jpg

Michelle Bishop (7michellebishop)
Breaking @Rendiggiti won’t be finishing his career @SSFCRABBITOHS after being pushed to give the @Cronulla_Sharks a response by tonight he has agreed to terms @brisbanebroncos details tonight @7NewsSydney
4:55 AM - 12 May 2021

truthslayer

Juniors
Well well, great we can move on, wish him luck but beware, move from a niche you have made your own to a new club, and Broncos it's bullshit, souths move on without Reynolds. He had the opportunity to become a one-club man, money talks and he does have a family to think of. But we all know money can be the route of all evil. And yes he has turned his back on the player group who asked him to stay. I might be a hard bastard but it's time to move the captaincy on also! New environment, new distractions! How he handles it well who can tell. Certainly, there's not a lot of success with older players club hopping. Thanks for your service, Adam. Time to bring in the youngster Taafe, he needs to be blooded. I am pissed a little I honestly thought Reynolds was red and green through and through! But one thing for sure the Rabbitohs will always be my club that will never change! I am A ONE CLUB SUPPORTER , Up the rabbitohs.

handyman2190

Bench
This is a dark day absolutely shattering time to shed a few tears I think.

Shed a few tears if you must,but u must know that if there was any loyalty by reyno he would have signed the year deal and backed himself for another couple. Its time for new blood it may take some time but we will prevail,i have seen taafe,illias and hawkins, taafe is something special,better than AR was or is with a more complete game,i go so far as to say better than walker. Have faith!!! All

Nafedogg

Juniors
This is a dark day absolutely shattering time to shed a few tears I think.

Mate to be honest I think your abit dramatic about the whole situation. I don’t mean this as a personal attack, but Reynolds obviously doesn’t bleed as much red and green an people think. He would have got another year after next and HE chose to say no and chase more money at bottom feeding broncos. This is all on him. He could stay a one club player but he doesn’t want too. I hope he succeeds wherever he goes, but he was pretty lucky when he got his call up that south’s were on the rise, sadly the broncos aren’t.

handyman2190

Bench
Im going to drive you all nuts and say it again.
Last contract in 2017 we gave AR a 4 year 3m dollar deal, before that he was on very good money, AR has been looked after by our club, we have been very loyal to him, he has had his ups and downs,all players do.
We have offered him 700k yearly deals we remain loyal but cautious considering in the last 2 to 3 years weve had 3 medically retired and had to pay them out, rugby league clubs ,as benny elias said 2 days ago on 360, dont make money, they are lucky to break even.
If AR had what sutto has,an ounce of loyalty in him he would back himself and take the year. This excuse that his looking after his family, imean everyone is, is far fetched considering the pay packet he is on and we offered.
This is not the clubs fault, this is reynos decision.

handyman2190

Bench
I don't disagree. The whole time a contract has been on the table. AR and his management have exercised their right not to accept it. Move on.
Of course his manager has driven this, wanting his own pay day, yearly deals are not in any managers advantage, now he gets 3 years worth of 6%

truthslayer

Juniors
Im going to drive you all nuts and say it again.
Last contract in 2017 we gave AR a 4 year 3m dollar deal, before that he was on very good money, AR has been looked after by our club, we have been very loyal to him, he has had his ups and downs,all players do.
We have offered him 700k yearly deals we remain loyal but cautious considering in the last 2 to 3 years weve had 3 medically retired and had to pay them out, rugby league clubs ,as benny elias said 2 days ago on 360, dont make money, they are lucky to break even.
If AR had what sutto has,an ounce of loyalty in him he would back himself and take the year. This excuse that his looking after his family, imean everyone is, is far fetched considering the pay packet he is on and we offered.
This is not the clubs fault, this is reynos decision.
You are correct! the other thing is did Bennett play any role in advice if so undermining the next coach!

southsport

First Grade
Mentioned on another site that Adam planned to live in QLD when he retired, so this contract plays into his hands nicely if the rumour is correct.

handyman2190

Bench
Mentioned on another site that Adam planned to live in QLD when he retired, so this contract plays into his hands nicely if the rumour is correct.
Its correct and yes bennett steered him to the broncos, and dont be surprised to see him there at least next year before the 2nd brisbane team,which will water the comp down even more, every club bennett has been too suffers after he leaves, and ours will be no exception, instead of trying to convince reyno to stay he steered him away from cronulla

callmack1

Staff member
Reynolds set to link with Broncos despite Sharks upping ante: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/12/reynolds-set-to-link-with-broncos-after-rejecting-sharks-offer/

Reynolds informs Bunnies teammates he is set to sign with Broncos: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/50f60b5e85e2cc5be099ee9f403799b7

I'm saddened to here this news but you all know my view on it, I said as much yesterday. I won't properly react to this or give a tribute to Reyno until it's officially announced but I'm just glad it's almost over and we can fully focus on the Season. Has dragged on far too long.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Its correct and yes bennett steered him to the broncos, and dont be surprised to see him there at least next year before the 2nd brisbane team,which will water the comp down even more, every club bennett has been too suffers after he leaves, and ours will be no exception, instead of trying to convince reyno to stay he steered him away from cronulla
I must apologise to all on this site especially bro Handy. I have egg on my face. I was told weeks ago that Reyno had agreed to a two year deal and the source could not have been higher. Good luck to Adam i wish him well and be injury free. We shall now move on. I will now leave with my tail between my legs

Jim Rockford

Bench
I must apologise to all on this site especially bro Handy. I have egg on my face. I was told weeks ago that Reyno had agreed to a two year deal and the source could not have been higher. Good luck to Adam i wish him well and be injury free. We shall now move on. I will now leave with my tail between my legs
You've got nothing to worry about brother Mixo. You were just passing on info in good faith. It's much,much better to do that and be wrong than to come out after the fact and say "Ï knew such and such all along" I hope you won't be dissuaded from posting any inside info in the future because it's much appreciated by all on here.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
You've got nothing to worry about brother Mixo. You were just passing on info in good faith. It's much,much better to do that and be wrong than to come out after the fact and say "Ï knew such and such all along" I hope you won't be dissuaded from posting any inside info in the future because it's much appreciated by all on here.
Thanks Jimmy appreciate it. Yes we are a bunny family and we stick together!