What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

i feel like that would be a fitting way to end this dynasty, beat the team that beat us in our consecutive GF appearances.

im happy for that to be Grand final win #5 in a row

#5yearplan
Well, in a way, we need to thank the storm. I honestly believe that lost, which hurt at the time, enabled the team for greatness.

Sime_11

Juniors
agreed Jane - as much as that GF loss hurt (especially to the Storm) - its been the best thing for us - similar to the 90-91 Panthers - except we've gone on with it :)

Chins get the wins

First Grade
In what way weren’t they ready. They were doing all right in the first half but panicked when they got a little behind. Not sure the loss was on the preparation; not sure how you get rid of nerves.
It's the coaches job to have them mentally ready and they all panicked badly but like what's been said it helped build what we have now

soc123_au

Staff member
In what way weren’t they ready. They were doing all right in the first half but panicked when they got a little behind. Not sure the loss was on the preparation; not sure how you get rid of nerves.
We were ok for the first 10. The rest of the first half was a train wreck. I've never watched a replay and probably never will, but from memory we choked big time. The uncharacteristic errors killed us.

Storm had a bit of luck as well, the accountants try was pure arse, and I still think their penalty try was a disgraceful decision. No one likes Tyrone, but imo he did nothing wrong in that play. Ironic it was against the Storm with Slater no doubt cheering on. It was evened out somewhat with our first try being a terrible call as well.

It's the coaches job to have them mentally ready and they all panicked badly but like what's been said it helped build what we have now
Not sure what the coach can actually do in that situation. It’s how the players react to a unique environment.

Being well drilled is something you could fall back on when things aren’t going well, but it’s hard to say that the 2000 Panthers weren’t well drilled.

sometimes the blame does have to fall in the players; there is a reason why the old adage of losing one to win one exists…