What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prelim Finals - Gameday - Broncos v Warriors

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
We’re still short a quality big man IMO. Brisbane killed us with offloads last night.
Yep it’s definitely an area that needs to be addressed, RTS helps for a bit of extra strike in the backs but size and grunt needed. AFB goes down and it’s a big concern

Am sure they won’t rest on their laurels and will keep hunting for that player

Rich102

Staff member
Broncos too classy for us.
We made too many errors and that was costly.
Broncos analyzed the videos:
DWZ has been poor on his wing defense all season, coming in on the center and allowing the winger a free run to the line. Should have been fixed.
Jazz has been carried on the bench( too small not enough smarts) while Curran has been left off the field too long.
AFB and Harris were blowing hard early and should have been given a spell while the game was still alive.
Still it was a great season.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I love this from Webster, the club are on the right track with him in charge, perfect attitude

He is a wonderful man.

As fans, I think we all know it wasn't the reason we lost. We were so far off the Broncos' pace and quality, it was crazy.

It was just so f**king hard to take that we had a minor sniff, and the game was over at 30-12. It was clearly demoralising to the players.

He is a wonderful man.

As fans, I think we all know it wasn't the reason we lost. We were so far off the Broncos' pace and quality, it was crazy.

It was just so f**king hard to take that we had a minor sniff, and the game was over at 30-12. It was clearly demoralising to the players.
Would love to know what he was saying in the coaches box at the time.
Sadly his calm and mature response is not heralding results like a Ricky or Robinson blow up.

Yep it’s definitely an area that needs to be addressed, RTS helps for a bit of extra strike in the backs but size and grunt needed. AFB goes down and it’s a big concern

Am sure they won’t rest on their laurels and will keep hunting for that player
I have a feeling SJ has only 1 year left in him.
TMM offered nothing last night.
Outside backs need sprint training.
Not sure who the big prop we can develop or buy is.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I have a feeling SJ has only 1 year left in him.
TMM offered nothing last night.
Outside backs need sprint training.
Not sure who the big prop we can develop or buy is.
I had that feeling last night actually, when SJ is gone, there really isn’t any clear successor in a playmaking sense. Volkman doesn’t seem to have come along at all which is disappointing as he is probably the best hope. Was a point made last week that 5 halves in a lot to carry in your salary cap so with SJ, TMM, Metcalfe, Volkman and CHT around I wonder if someone gets moved on

Major focus after the game was the Walsh forward pass and if Bunker should get involved.
Graham Annesley only covered the forward pass, not the Stagg hold back professional foul not called, no justification. I guess we go with the Latrell Mitchell double standard defense?
Would be interesting if it happened to a more important club?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Major focus after the game was the Walsh forward pass and if Bunker should get involved.
Graham Annesley only covered the forward pass, not the Stagg hold back professional foul not called, no justification. I guess we go with the Latrell Mitchell double standard defense?
Would be interesting if it happened to a more important club?
Yes.

There's no point bitching and moaning, it'll never change. The power is with the big clubs. We know this, and we have to try and win a premiership knowing that if come up against a big Sydney club, Brisbane, Melbourne etc, the referees - consciously or unconsciously - will not make it easy for us. We have to win it knowing all that we know about how we get treated. Webster will know that.

It's so interesting looking at union v league. Union refs are pretty good, they're a lot more professional and better decision makers than ours...but their whole law system is f**ked. Then our refs are diabolical at times, but have so much easier laws to uphold. I don't know why the incompetency in our game.

Yes.

There's no point bitching and moaning, it'll never change. The power is with the big clubs. We know this, and we have to try and win a premiership knowing that if come up against a big Sydney club, Brisbane, Melbourne etc, the referees - consciously or unconsciously - will not make it easy for us. We have to win it knowing all that we know about how we get treated. Webster will know that.

It's so interesting looking at union v league. Union refs are pretty good, they're a lot more professional and better decision makers than ours...but their whole law system is f**ked. Then our refs are diabolical at times, but have so much easier laws to uphold. I don't know why the incompetency in our game.
League seems so much faster.

Have heard the argument against the bunker not stepping in that the ref won't call things if he think bunker will. Is this not the same mentality of ref won't call it as touchies are watching for it???

We are going to have to be 10-20% better than the team we come up against to win a premiership.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
You think rugby would be easier to referee, considering the ref is standing still for 70% of the game !!

I don’t go along with this chosen club stuff, the Roosters season was ended last week on a call that was probably worse than the forward pass

Have had a chuckle at the absolute pasting the touchie has been copping for not being able to keep up with the play, when 95% of the professional athletes playing the game can’t keep up with Walsh !