What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 NRL Match Review Charges & Judiciary

Lebbo73

Bench
It only needs a minor tweak.

3rd and subsequent charges should never be a fine.

So instead of 2 weeks guilty plea or $3000 fine for early plea, you simply replace the fine with a 1-week suspension.
Something that’s only worth a fine should never be a suspension no matter how many times you do it. Keep increasing the fines substantially after the first offence.

Nutz

Bench
The Horse suspension is genuinely baffling
Honestly not sure what they're looking at.
Exactly Nick.
He was relatively square on which sort of negates a shoulder charge.
Seriously this game is getting soft.
I still don't think the shoulder charges should be banned/charged unless you contact the head and the attacking player is blindsided.
When your blind side an attacker the shoulder charge can really do some damage.
The majority of front on tackles where the head is not hit is safe. I've formed that opinion after playing the game for over 20years.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
They must have had a bet to see if he'd cry when he lost, it can't possibly for the "shoulder charge" cough cough.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Stickys house if somehow Maria gets off his.

Diesel

Referee
Didn’t deserve 4 weeks, but they should have a live camera on Ricky. Fox dropped the ball there

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I don't even care that it happened to my bloke, that Horse suspension is a f**king disgrace.

If that's seriously the direction the game is heading, we are sooo f**ked. Hargreaves deserves 12 weeks if that is the standard by severity.

Maximus

Coach
Was it actually a different tackle to the one I posted? I don't understand how they rule that is a shoulder charge.

Maximus

Coach
Not as if he wrapped his arm around it’s on par as much as ai hate the rule

Do you have a video that shows his right arm?

Because if you are basing it on what the NRL said, his claim that the left arm isn't out either is clearly false to anyone with eyes.

You can see that neither the right arm that makes contact or the left arm is out to wrap or tackle the player.

nick87

Coach
Not as if he wrapped his arm around it’s on par as much as ai hate the rule
You must be on the MRC/Judicary

Certified idiot. Lol.

I don't even care that it happened to my bloke, that Horse suspension is a f**king disgrace.

If that's seriously the direction the game is heading, we are sooo f**ked. Hargreaves deserves 12 weeks if that is the standard by severity.

Even IBM.... IBM of all people. The village idiot of a village of idiots has this to say. Embarassing day fot be lockyno1 it has to be said.
Not really any way to come back from this.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Do you have a video that shows his right arm?

Because if you are basing it on what the NRL said, his claim that the left arm isn't out either is clearly false to anyone with eyes.

You can see that neither the right arm that makes contact or the left arm is out to wrap or tackle the player.

up to Corey (and their counsel) to prove he wrapped his arm in a tackling motion not a shoulder charge one we all know it was the latter. I hate the rule though and the penalty for shoulder charges are too harsh. It’s consistent with how it has been going this year.

Latest posts