What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 State of Origin ~ Game 3 *12th July* ~ Team List

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Well done to the Blues, far too good. Our attack was really ordinary. Moses was once again excellent for the Blues. Can’t believe Gutho missed out on the Warriors game for 3 mins. Something has to give moving forward.

crocodile

Bench
Why didn't he fix hodgo or fergo or lumelume or other right wingers?
Hodgo is getting on a bit. Lumelume just doesn't have the talent. Fergo and just about every other winger at the club were often left stranded 2 on 1 because of defensive issues closer in. Wasn't always their fault. That was a structural problem, not individual. There's been improvement but still more to do.

crocodile

Bench
I suppose 3 mins is better then 0.

It adds another Origin game to his resume/CV at end of his career improves his origin win to 50%.

Gutho's origin career will still be remembered for getting palmed off by Kurt Capewell then 3 token mins in a dead rubber.

Plus Gutho is a great team man he would be happy to carry the luggage around for the Blues if he got asked.

He wouldn't care.
Capewell is a big, strong dude. No shame in getting palmed off. He's mostly a very reliable defender. Bound to miss the odd one.

Gazzamatta

Coach
All the hoopla re Codey Walker. Not unexpected. Teddys A inproved, his D and effort under the high ball remained diabolical.
I thought Mitch was outstanding. He and Drown are THE best defensive halfs in the comp even if a certain poster dosent agree. It was there for all to see last night. His kicking game was enormous. Cook forever shifting left didnt help Mitch but he was a shining success regardless. Ive not see Cleary play as well as Mitch did last night in Origin.
Reg was f'n tough. He took lots of attention off others.
Fittler finally started Murray, Kalamatongi, Martin and Reg and guess what. It worked. No congrats for Fittler. These guys should have started game 1. Honestly I dont care if Fittler is retained. Just fu*k off the Ventriloquist Dummy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The first half Hogesco stayed out of the play and the attack looked pretty smooth, the more involved he got the clunkier it looked. At least he went back doing what he does best running from dummy half and sniffing around the rucks. Still needs to retire.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Be interesting to see what would happen if the Kangaroos team was picked now.

I think a lot of the dud Qlders would miss out as some of the Blues players were dominant last night, particularly halves, centres, and back row.

AJ, or Teddy at the back ? Teddy is the incumbent and I'm sure Mal is about level with Freddie when it comes to smarts, so he'll pick Teddy.

Noise

Coach
Be interesting to see what would happen if the Kangaroos team was picked now.

I think a lot of the dud Qlders would miss out as some of the Blues players were dominant last night, particularly halves, centres, and back row.

AJ, or Teddy at the back ? Teddy is the incumbent and I'm sure Mal is about level with Freddie when it comes to smarts, so he'll pick Teddy.
DCE, Munster, Holmes and Hammer would all still get picked in front of the Blues players from last night. Teddy would get picked in front of Brimson but if Latrell, Walsh or Tommy were available it might be a different story.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Payne Haas I get the fact he gets through a lot of work.

But is it really impacting games.

NSW didn't really miss him last night.

Throw in at Brisbane he has won a spoon and never won a final since debuting.

Is he worth the money he is asking.

Latest posts