What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jersey

Apey

Staff member
I'm still not sure how I feel about V's on jerseys, but it's a lot better than the 2023 jersey.

Nuke

Staff member
I'm, personally, disappointed they've moved on from the 2022-2023 jersey design. The main one anyway.
But they have, and have again dusted off an old design to revitalise, and I like the tweaks they've done to this reincarnation of the 2001 jersey. Again, I have to say, I really wish we'd do something different with the alternate ('away') kit other than a mostly white jersey, mostly white shorts, and mostly white socks. Even if a mostly light-coloured jersey is a must, which I concede it probably is, I'd prefer the shorts and socks remain the same as the main/home kit.

Personally I dont care for the changing of the brand appearance for the sake of revenue.

Have the special round jersey to make the money.

The traditional jersey should never change - ever. The jersey that a youngster is falling in love with should be the same looking jersey as the one their grandparents fell in love with - tradition.

Clubs like South, Easts and Saints have changed little over decades - I like it.

Nuke

Staff member
Yep, I agree 100% with this.
Have the alternate / away kit and any one-off special jerseys (but not too many per year!) be the ones to change up from time-to-time, but leave the main / home kit virtually alone, apart from little tweaks here and there.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Do any clubs have membership numbers woven into a club jersey? Might make people buy them if they are more personalised with their name and membership number on it. And the date they became a member.

macavity

Referee
Personally I dont care for the changing of the brand appearance for the sake of revenue.

Have the special round jersey to make the money.

The traditional jersey should never change - ever. The jersey that a youngster is falling in love with should be the same looking jersey as the one their grandparents fell in love with - tradition.

Clubs like South, Easts and Saints have changed little over decades - I like it.

And which one is the traditional jersey?

I didn't love the 2001 jersey when it first came out, but it sure brings back some good memories. Looks better modernised.

I didn't like the ciggie packet jersey. the V should have been way higher.

I'm assuming we are in a cycle of throwback/new/throwback/new now.

And which one is the traditional jersey?

I didn't love the 2001 jersey when it first came out, but it sure brings back some good memories. Looks better modernised.

I didn't like the ciggie packet jersey. the V should have been way higher.

I'm assuming we are in a cycle of throwback/new/throwback/new now.
Well we basically wore the same style from 1988 to 1996. Fair to say that that would be our traditional jersey as it was the longest in use and the clubs 1st

Latest posts