What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

Klim

Juniors
Panthers 2024 jerseys
6GZJPD6.png
A8TcQJi.png
t0ppm2g.png
FCJMIV9.png

Nuke

Staff member
While I'm still a tad critical of Canberra's simplification of their logo, it does look great on the jerseys, in my opinion. I like that it is obvious, not blending in with the background, as I feel the previous one tended to do.

Nutz

Bench
Raiders 2024 jerseys
WecooCK.png
6vFKY0n.png
0tH4Jfk.png
tKwJKI0.png
I love the white strip. I only wished the WT stayed with a similar one.
Players appreciate playing in lighter strips so it makes sense to ignore this and play in black or dark colours...not!

yakstorm

First Grade
Fiji Airways to be on the Storm shorts for the next 3 years

fjk27970~2.jpg

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
2024 Rabbitohs jerseys

gdrYuMr.jpg
c74NvOs.jpg
Great to see proper hoops, but I hope the green is more subdued than this (rendering issue?), or they'll be in a brighter green than the Raiders for 2024. With the change to hoops however, there's even less difference between the home/away jerseys; I wonder if there will be a measurable impact on the split of sales between the two designs vs past seasons as a result.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Looks like it’ll be blue shorts with the home and white with the away. Great move in my opinion. Last year their home and away didn’t contrast each other at all

Loooove the home, the away is a bit meh…
IMG_9396.jpegIMG_9397.jpegIMG_9398.jpeg

hellteam

First Grade
Great to see proper hoops, but I hope the green is more subdued than this (rendering issue?), or they'll be in a brighter green than the Raiders for 2024. With the change to hoops however, there's even less difference between the home/away jerseys; I wonder if there will be a measurable impact on the split of sales between the two designs vs past seasons as a result.
Agree on the colour.

Surely they release a proper away. Those two jerseys are nearly exactly the same.

I thought the reason for the similar home and away was because they had different sponsors, but now they are the same sponsors. Maybe I'm imagining things

flippikat

Bench
Away looks too much like a Newcastle jersey for mine
I'm glad that the Warriors away jersey has changed from being "their home, but in white", and the new design is cool.. probably will grab that instead of the home jersey. The home jersey is basically just the 1995 jersey with One NZ as sponsor.

HOWEVER.. the Warriors have missed an opportunity to do a green alternate, which would be useful against other blue teams - most notably the Knights & Bulldogs where neither home nor away really "cut it".

Hopefully this year's heritage jersey is green (or red, heck I'd settle for that I guess), and can be worn 3-5 times against those teams.. the red in their colour set was used as base for away jersey in the early 2000s but green never has been used much at all.

flippikat

Bench
[Re Souths 2024 designs without side-panels] That really is taking the piss with an ‘away’ jersey.
Absolutely - the differences are so minimal now, that they're just taking the piss.

Argument 1 for this used to be that the black and white trims provided contrast. That's blown to bits when the only difference is collar and cuffs.

Argument 2 for this used to be that it appeased home & away major sponsors who both wanted to be on a "traditional" design - well, the front of jersey sponsors are identical now, and sure you might have differences on the back sponsors, the back sponsors for away jersey should just suck it up and accept that the away jersey CAN'T be their traditional design.

That fits with my outlook - as I've thought for some time that home jerseys should be the brand you build the club on, a traditional look - give or take the odd design element like trim or collar- and the away should be a chance to do something modern, fresh & even a little "outside the box", given that the Nines aren't a thing anymore.