What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R1 Fri - Melbourne 8-0 Penrith @ AAMI

Round 1: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munky

Coach
All respect to the Storm.

Soni Luke is the worst reserve grade to first grade transition since Matt Gafa.

Woody90

Juniors
Did you flip coins for home and away? Lol

Tipped Manly (Seibold teams always seem to start well), Storm and Raiders (being a Knights fan I can’t trust them not to be stupid at the best of times let alone round 1).

Coincidentally was most confident about Broncos + Wahs winning.

Apey

Staff member
Its great to see long term cellar dwellers Storm and Roosters looking like they might make something of themselves this year.

Panther Mike

Juniors
Poor attack from Penrith tonight no matter how good Storm’s defence might have been. No real creativity or organisation.

Our depth looking shakier this year too with plodders like Luke, Eisenhuth etc playing too many minutes. The Penrith team of ‘21 and ‘22 was so much better.

moffla

Bench
Pleasantly surprised with the way we defended there. Panthers were clunky but last season we’d have comfortably shipped 4 tries at least.

More of that please!

Well done to the Storm; defended well. Penrith will be better for the run.

can someone explain the logic that the bunker used to deny the Soni Luke try; suggested that Hughes wasn’t impeded but it caused the line to slide (?); did I pick that up right? Is that a new interpretation or just referring to the fact you can’t run behind someone. I wouldn’t mind the latter as it makes it pretty cut and dry.

Cowboyz

Juniors
I don’t normally like complimenting the Purple scum, but f**k me they played with heart tonight.
More of that consistently and they’ll go all the way. Well done for a round 1 effort

Saxon

Bench
Well done to the Storm; defended well. Penrith will be better for the run.

can someone explain the logic that the bunker used to deny the Soni Luke try; suggested that Hughes wasn’t impeded but it caused the line to slide (?); did I pick that up right? Is that a new interpretation or just referring to the fact you can’t run behind someone. I wouldn’t mind the latter as it makes it pretty cut and dry.
Simple as.
Seems the bunker has learned the rule since the 2020 GF.