What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R1 Fri - Melbourne 8-0 Penrith @ AAMI

Round 1: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
Its great to see long term cellar dwellers Storm and Roosters looking like they might make something of themselves this year.
Well deserved for all the adversity they've been through and all the players they've developed in their thriving junior league nursery's...

Pjf04b

Juniors
Seems the general opinion is that Penrith were a bit hard done by.
Since when is a scrum penalty a shot a goal?
Seems Harry Grant is the new referee for Melbourne. Pack a 5 man scrum, point at the prop and get a penalty! Good work!
So now you can make a bad defensive decision and still get rewarded by the video ref.
Melbourne have conned the ref's again. They slowed the play the ball 3.62 secs to 3.22s, and got away with it.
I think the Bellamy legendary round one streak was more important than the game being played!

Canard

Immortal
Seems Harry Grant is the new referee for Melbourne. Pack a 5 man scrum, point at the prop and get a penalty! Good work!
So now you can make a bad defensive decision and still get rewarded by the video ref.
Melbourne have conned the ref's again. They slowed the play the ball 3.62 secs to 3.22s, and got away with it.
I think the Bellamy legendary round one streak was more important than the game being played!
The adversity

skeepe

Immortal

You can’t catch the ball on the inside shoulder of a decoy runner and then run behind him.

That’s been the rule for a very long time.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
You have no idea man. Held to nil twice, lost to the Tigers twice, cant beat Parra in a non finals game. The lack of support from opposing fans in these trying times makes me question humanity really.
Been kept to 0 this season as many times as MANLY have been kept to 0 in the last 10 seasons. Wowee #ivanout

mozza91

Coach
You have no idea man. Held to nil twice, lost to the Tigers twice, cant beat Parra in a non finals game. The lack of support from opposing fans in these trying times makes me question humanity really.
Judging by Dylan Edwards’ head it’s only going to get worse. If that’s possible.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
I know Covid wrecked 2 seasons but how on earth have Penrith not played at AAMI Park in 6 seasons.

Cameron Ciraldo was the caretaker coach last time they played there.

Ivan Cleary was still on the bus at the Wests Tigers.

Trent Merrin & RCG were the starting front rowers ffs.

And Penrith were still sitting on 2 Premierships.
2019- Teams met once only, at Bathurst, Panthers home game.
2020 (Covid)- Panthers home game played at Campblelltown, GF at Accor
2021 (Covid)- Panthers home game at Penrith, Storm home game and PF Suncorp.
2022- Storm home game magioc round @ Suncorp, also met at Penrith
2023- Storm home game at Marvel due to FIFA Womens WC, also played at Penrith and PF at Accor