What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R4 Fri - South Sydney 20-16 Canterbury @ Accor

Round 4: South Sydney v Canterbury

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah look that would be my standard approach, the 52.5% Westward Muscat cask on my WFH desk would do nicely but the meds I'm on aren't great lol

It's nuts how much stuff has gone up, I was saying somewhere recently that I used to get Caol Ila 12 on sale for 65 bucks when I sold the stuff for a living, I saw it at 125 not long ago

Yeah, paid around $120 not long ago...and that was on special

Bazal

Post Whore
Lagavulin 16 for me.

I like it but it's another that's gone mental price wise. Search out the Laphroaig Lore online, last lot I ordered were a touch cheaper than the current Dan's price for Lagavulin and I enjoy it more.

I’ve had plenty that were. But is it really most?

Regardless. It’s not a bad sweet finish - although some overdo it for my tastes - but that’s pretty different to drinking sickly sweet corn mash.

Yeah last stat I saw back in the day was 90% and a quick Google seems to hold that about true? From 2023

Fangs

Coach
Yeah look that would be my standard approach, the 52.5% Westward Muscat cask on my WFH desk would do nicely but the meds I'm on aren't great lol

It's nuts how much stuff has gone up, I was saying somewhere recently that I used to get Caol Ila 12 on sale for 65 bucks when I sold the stuff for a living, I saw it at 125 not long ago

On my list now thanks sounds terrific. Meds won't stop Fangs.

Everything is expensive as hell. $50 for a beer case is seriously limiting your options. $60 is the new deal

Fangs

Coach
Scotch is terrible.

Irish whiskey is where it’s at

So so tbh.

Tullamore 18 once I liked. I can't put it into words why I have a problem but at this point in the evening I can't even operate my air fryer.

SBD82

Coach
I like it but it's another that's gone mental price wise. Search out the Laphroaig Lore online, last lot I ordered were a touch cheaper than the current Dan's price for Lagavulin and I enjoy it more.

Yeah last stat I saw back in the day was 90% and a quick Google seems to hold that about true? From 2023

Wow. I genuinely wouldn’t have thought the numbers were that high. I wonder whether there’s a disparity between the low level blends and the top level malts.

Interesting article though - suggests to me that traditionalists will move away from bourbon barrels if they can’t guarantee they’re not rinsed.

Bulldogs remind me of us last year (and potentially this year it’s too early to tell).

They can roll down the field okay, but when they get into the 20 they look like they’ve never played together before. Blokes getting in each others way, clunky ball movement, no timing or organisation to the movement & ultimately a lot of simple errors.

I would suggest that their halves consist of a reserve grade halfback & a very good centre. I’d recommend getting a steady hand to play 7, then moving Burton to 4, Critta to 1 & Taaffe to 6.

Bazal

Post Whore
Wow. I genuinely wouldn’t have thought the numbers were that high. I wonder whether there’s a disparity between the low level blends and the top level malts.

Interesting article though - suggests to me that traditionalists will move away from bourbon barrels if they can’t guarantee they’re not rinsed.

Yeah I'm not sure tbh. I know the big single malt distillers almost exclusively use ex bourbon barrels... Glenfiddich, Glenfarclas, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Glenlivet, Macallan. If you can buy it in Australia it'll almost definitely be bourbon barrels.

Also most of the low level blends are made of spirit from the major single malt distillers. It'll usually just be younger spirit, or maybe a grain whiskey rather than single malt. Johnny Walker Green for eg is a blend of single malts from Talisker, Caol Ila, Cragganmore, and some others that are probably mostly grain whiskey

yobbo84

First Grade
So I was there and watched both games.

Toby Sexton is the best half at that club by a mile.

Saxon

Bench
Single malt all the way. 18 years plus. I've got a Glendronach 21 for Sunday lunch. Love the sherry cask scotch.

And cognac. Remi Martin for those special occasions. Martell my other favourite.

Now back to my beer. This next game is taking ages.
Lagavulin is my drop of choice.
But if you want to try a great Australian whisky give Starward a go.

This Year?

Immortal
That 2nd half dragged. I hope when Sutton gets judged in the afterlife he pays for his sins.
Dogs are a team i just dont get. Their biggest middle gets the last 20 of the game and they have 3 utilities on the bench. The have a 4th utilty playing at halfback. They have a centre playing at 5/8 and a backline utilty playing at fullback.
Souths probably deserved to lose but miraculously put together a win. I still cant believe Morrin got binned and Tass didn't.