What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 10 - Vs Dragons

callmack1

Staff member
Once again, finally it’s Monday which brings with it a new week and a new Round to look forward to. This time, we head into Round 10 in a huge clash with one of our biggest rivals, the Dragons.

They’re one of our traditional rivals most traditional rivals, the Dragons. Our rivalry with them is very rich and vast and it stretches back nearly 100 years. I know some people dispute that because of the merger, but that's the way I'll always see it. They're a traditional rival so it's always a big game against them. Both teams don't like each other, and it's been that way for many, many years. Looking forward to continuing it all this Saturday.

Well, can we really look forward to it? Latrell is back which will help but aside from that, our team is decimated. Absolutely decimated. I think we have something like 16 fit players in the whole squad so how the hell are we gonna field a team and fill all the spots this week? We’re down and nearly out. Backs against the wall and massively up against it. If we can somehow rise and step up to put in a good performance, it’ll be a minor miracle. Can’t believe I’m saying that when we’re playing the Dragons, shows you how far we’ve fallen.

In saying that, they’re kind of on the rise. Flannagan has them playing some decent Footy to the point where they deserve to be favourites. They’ll see this as a massive opportunity to get one over us.

Not feeling confident, but I know me, I’ll still get behind my team, back the boys and get my hopes up on game day as always.

Let’s go.

speedster

Juniors
I hope Hornby starts Duncan at lock. He can ball play that kid. Other options include Arrow and Havili but they will be needed for yardage slog work more than ball playing. Our backline still needs that player to dig into the line and pass wide some of the time when in good ball position because we're not going to beat anyone without getting our attack going.

Cody will have his partner in crime back at fullback so he needs plenty of opportunities to get our outside backs over the tryline.

St George won't be easy to get over the top of but we have shown signs of life here and there and need to overcome adversity in this one to give us all some oxygen.

Thumper

Juniors
I hope Hornby starts Duncan at lock. He can ball play that kid. Other options include Arrow and Havili but they will be needed for yardage slog work more than ball playing. Our backline still needs that player to dig into the line and pass wide some of the time when in good ball position because we're not going to beat anyone without getting our attack going.

Cody will have his partner in crime back at fullback so he needs plenty of opportunities to get our outside backs over the tryline.

St George won't be easy to get over the top of but we have shown signs of life here and there and need to overcome adversity in this one to give us all some oxygen.
Won’t be easy to get over?
come on mate. Even the most one eyed supporters would say souths need a miracle to win this week. My team would be.
1. Johnston
2. Gagai
3. Mitchell
4. Chee kam
5. Tass
6. Jack
7 Cody
8. Moale
9. Cook
10. Keppie
11. Duncan
12. Arrow
13. Havili
14. Pete
15. Tom
16. Liam Le Blanc
17. Jason Hallie

I know it won’t look anything like that but got nothing to lose really pick a few kids who might show some enthusiasm.

speedster

Juniors
Won’t be easy to get over?
come on mate. Even the most one eyed supporters would say souths need a miracle to win this week. My team would be.
1. Johnston
2. Gagai
3. Mitchell
4. Chee kam
5. Tass
6. Jack
7 Cody
8. Moale
9. Cook
10. Keppie
11. Duncan
12. Arrow
13. Havili
14. Pete
15. Tom
16. Liam Le Blanc
17. Jason Hallie

I know it won’t look anything like that but got nothing to lose really pick a few kids who might show some enthusiasm.
This is St George we're talking about right? They're not world beaters although I pay them their due respect. We have to think we are a fair dinkum chance in a game like this and we are, without any hint of being one-eyed which I try my best not to be.

I have no idea if Johnston or Shaq Mitchell will be available but fingers crossed. If they are, my side would look like this.

1 Latrell (with Gray out, he has to come back as fb)
2 AJ (hopefully) Shibasaki
3 Chee Kam
4 Tass
5 Thompson
6 Jack
7 Cody
8 Moale
9 Cook
10 Burgess
11 Arrow
12 Keaon
13 Duncan

14 Mamo
15 Havili
16 Shaq?
17 Keppie

Last edited:

Thumper

Juniors
This is St George we're talking about right? They're not world beaters although I pay them their due respect. We have to think we are a fair dinkum chance in a game like this and we are, without any hint of being one-eyed which I try my best not to be.

I have no idea if Johnston or Shaq Mitchell will be available but fingers crossed. If they are, my side would look like this.

1 Latrell (with Gray out, he has to come back as fb)
2 AJ (hopefully)
3 Tass (left side to get the old firm back together)
4 Shibasaki
5 Thompson
6 Jack
7 Cody
8 Moale
9 Cook
10 Burgess
11 Arrow
12 Keaon
13 Duncan

14 Mamo
15 Havili
16 Shaq?/Chee Kam
17 Keppie
I know it’s St George. I’ll stand by my previous statement and say souths need a miracle to win.

Hellray

Juniors
Is it worth throwing Trel in at 6 , Cody at 7 .
Jack at 1.
And just tell the boys , go and have fun!
What have we got to lose. We’re on a hiding to nothing this week
There’s merit to that, Jack is fitter and can handle the demand of FB and he will do better at supporting and popping up in the line more.
Trell in the halves with his best mate Cody maybe they really click, it would also help with trell using his boot more in general play as we lack that big kicking game.

Hellray

Juniors
This is one ugly team.

Duncan only on the bench, I hope that changes on game day.

Matt French to debut, been toiling a long time in the reserves. I’d rather blood LeBlanc.

AJ on extended bench, could still be a chance to play then

speedster

Juniors
Yeah, if AJ proves his fitness, then Shibasaki to centre, Chee Kam to edge or bench and French misses out I guess. Matt is a real goer that plays above his weight and his energy could be infectious.

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesday babyyyy!!

It's a pretty damn interesting one this week given our current crisis. But honestly, what we have named isn't overly bad. Yea, we're super depleted and a lot of the side this week is made up of 'solid' guys, but that's not too bad. They won't produce anything super special, but maybe they can do a job?

Firstly, the big one is that Trell is back!! What kind of Trell are we going to get back is what I'm most interested in. It's time for him to stand up and start performing and pulling his weight as his career is at a crossroad. This little period away will either be the making or breaking of him and only he can decide so I'm very interested to see what Latrell turns up. If it's the one we all know he can be, then that will help our current situation immensely.

I'm happy enough with the rest of the backline. They did a job for the most part last week and who else do we have to name there. Shibasaki on club debut will be interesting, and he was always in line to play once Tassy went down.

Stoked for Dion to finally get his NRL debut! I rate him and while I think he's more of a 5/8, he has more upside than Hawkins for mine so I'm excited to see how he goes. Also, glad that Hornby has resisted the urge to move Wighton.

The forward pack is what it is. I don't love the idea of Davvy and Kep starting but that's the world we live in now. I'd also prefer tallis to start at lock with Liva coming off the bench for impact but oh well.

Matt French is the other debutant and he deserves it. Can't wait to see him go!

AJ named in the extended squad which means he's a chance! Here's hoping!

Why do I feel positive about this line up??

themacemaceman

Juniors

Team list Tuesday babyyyy!!

It's a pretty damn interesting one this week given our current crisis. But honestly, what we have named isn't overly bad. Yea, we're super depleted and a lot of the side this week is made up of 'solid' guys, but that's not too bad. They won't produce anything super special, but maybe they can do a job?

Firstly, the big one is that Trell is back!! What kind of Trell are we going to get back is what I'm most interested in. It's time for him to stand up and start performing and pulling his weight as his career is at a crossroad. This little period away will either be the making or breaking of him and only he can decide so I'm very interested to see what Latrell turns up. If it's the one we all know he can be, then that will help our current situation immensely.

I'm happy enough with the rest of the backline. They did a job for the most part last week and who else do we have to name there. Shibasaki on club debut will be interesting, and he was always in line to play once Tassy went down.

Stoked for Dion to finally get his NRL debut! I rate him and while I think he's more of a 5/8, he has more upside than Hawkins for mine so I'm excited to see how he goes. Also, glad that Hornby has resisted the urge to move Wighton.

The forward pack is what it is. I don't love the idea of Davvy and Kep starting but that's the world we live in now. I'd also prefer tallis to start at lock with Liva coming off the bench for impact but oh well.

Matt French is the other debutant and he deserves it. Can't wait to see him go!

AJ named in the extended squad which means he's a chance! Here's hoping!

Why do I feel positive about this line up??
Maybe because it looks like a charity Shield second half team. So we got this!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

Benny's first pre-game day eve media and he spoke very well. Upbeat, with a razor-sharp focus. I like him.

I don't know why but once again, I'm starting to really look forward to tomorrow's game. I'm really starting to feel like we can do this!

Latest posts