What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member

LOVE THIS!!!! Absolutely love it! Finally the club has acknowledged that they made a mistake letting Reynolds go and backing Lachy, and finally the club is doing something about it and making a big change. This is massive for us, absolutely massive. He's been a part of the St Helens dynasty so clearly he's one of the best halves in that competition and a very good player. From his highlights, he looks to have it all.

Could he be our savior? Who knows. I'm not going to call that this early, but you just never know. This could be the move that finally fixes the halfback issue for us and fixes it long term. That's awfully exciting!! Extremely exciting. Hallelujah!!!

Thumper

Juniors

LOVE THIS!!!! Absolutely love it! Finally the club has acknowledged that they made a mistake letting Reynolds go and backing Lachy, and finally the club is doing something about it and making a big change. This is massive for us, absolutely massive. He's been a part of the St Helens dynasty so clearly he's one of the best halves in that competition and a very good player. From his highlights, he looks to have it all.

Could he be our savior? Who knows. I'm not going to call that this early, but you just never know. This could be the move that finally fixes the halfback issue for us and fixes it long term. That's awfully exciting!! Extremely exciting. Hallelujah!!!
I’ve not see any highlights of him kicking. One of our big issues.
highlights of him running the ball etc also good. We don’t need a half that can do that as much as We need a half who can get the side round the field. Kick well and make his tackles. Rarely see super league teams like structure like Aussie teams do. Half backs doing off the cuff stuff all the time doesn’t work in the nrl. Especially when he is small.
does he have it all. I doubt it. Can he learn it. Maybe. But as Lachy should if you can’t kick and kick long your other skills are null and void.

Souths need this below.

They need a 1st class 1st grade full back

They need another winger like Alex Johnston

They need trellmyth and wighton in the centres

They need gray to partner dodds in the halves

They need another top class hooker

They need an enforcer like addin fonua blake

They need a prop + a few top class forwards

They need a new coach

They need a new talent scout

They need a new recruitment officer

They need a massive clean out

Rabbits20

Immortal
I remember when we let Adam go I said they’ll regret it wrong call and I stuck to my guns well I sure got abused and called all sorts of expletives and got told I was wrong and had no idea but I nailed it and a number of others who think they’re never wrong now have egg on their faces. You can’t get anywhere in the NRL without a good number 7 you just can’t people who know footy know this.

I’m so happy the club is now admitting they f**ked up it had to happen for us to go forward we need a half with a strong kicking game and organiser and apparently Dodd has both these attributes.

I’m excited for Dodd to join us next year he’s still only 22 as well.

I'd play Wighton at FB---Johnston & Munro on the wings---Graham & Mitchell centres----Gray 5/8 & Dodd at 1/2 ;if in fact we actually sign him !!

Doyen i forgot about graham silly me my only concern is munro he is too light and is a long way off being a top tier winger, he looks the goods no doubt about that. but I reckon he is two seasons away before we see if he is the real deal what we have seen so far of him im sure he will get there time will tell he will need to bulk up though im not 100% confident in him as yet he is a bit green even though he was on debut last year which is understandable.he needs game time in first grade otherwise he wont progress lets hope he progresses fast becoz souths will be banking on it so will he.

Souths need this below.

They need a 1st class 1st grade full back

They need another winger like Alex Johnston

They need trellmyth and wighton in the centres

They need gray to partner dodds in the halves

They need another top class hooker

They need an enforcer like addin fonua blake

They need a prop + a few top class forwards

They need a new coach

They need a new talent scout

They need a new recruitment officer

They need a massive clean out

I forgot about Campbell graham well put graham on the wing who has height in place of taane milne and have a wighton/trellmyth centre pairing.maybe munro should have a crack at full back he is fast and elusive but I'm sure he will be on the wing in place of milne he needs to bulk up though he is still a long way off to be near Alex Johnston's standard time will tell he could be anything.as doyen said put wighton at full back and have a graham / trellmyth centre pairing with gray@ 6 dodd@ 7. Its amazing what a good half back can do to a team.i do agree with doyen though but I just think munro needs valuable game time he does need to bulk up and work on his defence I feel.

doyen

Bench
Munro seems to be pretty fragile---seems to get injured a lot---he is 85 kgs & 186 cms ---NOT sure you would call him a lightweight---Cam MURRAY is 90 kgs---Munro does need to bulk up a bit though,I reckon, for his own survival in the game---I believe he is talented & very quick & will have a bright future if his body holds up !!

Munro seems to be pretty fragile---seems to get injured a lot---he is 85 kgs & 186 cms ---NOT sure you would call him a lightweight---Cam MURRAY is 90 kgs---Munro does need to bulk up a bit though,I reckon, for his own survival in the game---I believe he is talented & very quick & will have a bright future if his body holds up !!

Hi Doyen to get Lewis dodd is what souths needed the most we know that munro will be on the wing he is a live wire thats for sure with incredible speed and is a massive talent in my view.i agree with your thoughts above though here is my top 7 below.

1. Wighton
2.johnstone
3.graham
4.trellmyth
5.munro
6.cody ( Gray 14) when cody tires?)
7.dodd

Well maybe so but I still think cody has a bit more to offer especially with dodd coming ilias was a crazy signing ilias with cody was a flop where as cody with reyno was superb I expect cody and dodd to be superb together lets see.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Lachie has been told he is free to talk to other clubs. Wow what a dick move, drop him to reserves, he gets injured then dump him to another club

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yep Lachy been told free to look elsewhere.

Personally I think he’s better than Hawkins but not our long term 7 for mine not what we need.

He had about 55 games and couldn’t do enough to keep the spot.

Hopefully Dodd is the organiser and game manager we need at 7 begause you can’t get anywhere in the NRL consistently without a quality 7

Hellray

Juniors
Yep Lachy been told free to look elsewhere.

Personally I think he’s better than Hawkins but not our long term 7 for mine not what we need.

He had about 55 games and couldn’t do enough to keep the spot.

Hopefully Dodd is the organiser and game manager we need at 7 begause you can’t get anywhere in the NRL consistently without a quality 7
You still need a decent back up half. Panthers are proof of that.
yes Dodd is a good signing but if he or Walker goes down I still would have been confident bringing in Ilias over a Subloo or another hack from Reggie’s.

watch him go to roosters to replace Keary and they’ll develop him like we envisioned and south’s will look even more stupid

Latest posts