What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’m over Souths fans who have said Solly isn’t in on football decisions and have told me off over the years. I have said for years he was in on it you can see easily and if you listen to this morning presser and NRL 360 tonight Solly confirms what I knew already he is involved in the recruitment side of things. I do not think he should be and he along with the others have made key mistakes. At least he admitted tonight he regrets some things he did over the last 12-18 months.

As for Schaefer going then why were they begging him to not quit? The bloke is a parasite sorry he’s big trouble and I’m glad he’s wanting to quit don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

So JD and Schaefer out is good! Solly and Ello likely survive but need to perform better than what they have of late. Their hands aren’t fully clean in all this either.

In saying all this I think Solly handled the media as best as he could and kudos and respect to him for showing up and answering some tough questions.

Wayne would’ve had input into the Dodd signing too for sure. I expect Wayne to be announced in the next couple of weeks.

Start the rebuild

Steenson123

Juniors
Stop i

Wow. Wow. Wow. I'm sure none of us are shocked this has finally happened, however, I must say that I am a little shocked it has happened tonight. After 7pm, 48 hours out from a game against the reining Premiers. I was thinking they'd wait until over the weekend, or at least sack him tomorrow but doing it tonight is pretty wild.

I admit, I feel a little relived after hearing we've actually pulled the trigger and done it, finally. Finally, our 'nice' club, has grown some balls and sacked him. If I'm honest, it's a decision that's long overdue and should have happened weeks ago. So I'm glad all the waiting and the guessing game of when he'll go can stop now and we can just focus on sorting out this mess.

As a person, I do feel sorry for JD, I really do. He seems like a wonderful guy and a quality human being. He doesn't deserve a lot of the shit that the media has dragged him through recently. I believe he genuinely tried his best; it just didn't work out. he gave it his all and it failed, that's life sometimes. Being a quality human being doesn't win you Footy games as we have seen over the last year, and this just had to happen. It's become untenable and we just can't go on like this. Something had to give, and JD had to go. There are many things that have contributed to our downfall, but I think JD is one of the biggest reasons. He has fostered and oversaw and environment for all that stuff to happen. The buck stops with the coach and he wasn't strong enough to control it. He's one of the biggest reasons why we're in this mess.

Thank you for your service JD and I wish you all the best.

It's now time to begin cleaning up this mess and sorting our club out piece by piece, day by day. Who knows how long that will take but today is a start.

Not sold on Hornby as the caretaker as he has partially overseen all the crap that has happened too but so be it, I hope he makes some changes.

I'm just sad. Not necessarily sad to see the back of JD, but sad that it's ever even got to this point.

Wow.
Stop it! Stop It!! You admit Demetriou created a mess. Yes and he failed to develop any young talent whatsoever! Yes and he failed to show any leadership qualities as it pertains to grown men.
Yes...and he FAILED! Six seasons here and he failed. One of THE worst Coaches in the club's history. Demetriou, in short, should have been dismiissed 8 months ago.

Steenson123

Juniors
Yes and
We truly need some proper professional leadership on and off the paddock thats why we are coming last we don't have it.
Unfortunately that includes Murray. He works hard, we all agree on that, BUT in terms of charisma and leadership he has zero of these necessities that characterise all field Generals.

Steenson123

Juniors
Ask Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould about the player market and he'll tell you it's never been more fluid. Salary caps that are bent out of shape can be straightened up easily enough, it's all about priorities.

Simply put, the Rabbitohs prioritised other players due to their misplaced faith in Lachlan Ilias to seamlessly take over the No.7 jersey and keep the premiership window wide open.

Ilias was just 21 when he was given that responsibility.

A cursory glance across the NRL is all that's needed to reaffirm what Andrew Johns has been saying about halfbacks for several years now: they don't mature until their mid to late twenties and they don't start to dominate until they turn 30.

The only game managing half who has effectively bucked that trend in the last five years has been Nathan Cleary and he's proving to be one in a million.

Despite Solly's reluctance to admit it, the Rabbitohs gambled the house on an unproven youngster and lost when they had one of the best halfbacks in the NRL in their grasp.

When that decision was first made Demetriou doubled down with a statement that raised eyebrows at the time and looks truly foolish now: Ilias would be "the best halfback the club has had in a long time".
Didn't Cherry-Evans emerge as a star young HB, he qualified for two GFs and won one of them? That's over 10 years fa, so he must have been much younger than Johns's analysis argues.

I think Bennett will attract a lot of cattle and switch on some of the under-performers

He’s obviously got the goods in the player management and relationship side.

He’s been simply outstanding for the Dolphins.

Don’t worry about Sollys process, sign him up for something in the range asap.

Latest posts