What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Steenson123

Juniors
More im
The rebuild and resurrection begins
More importantly, players who are currently irrelevant in the big picture of matters such as Duncan, Kelpie, Monroe, Shaq, Gagai, Moale, Mamezoulos and others will grow another leg and be shown how to become regular component parts of the 17 man squad.
Bennett's impact cannot be under stated at all.

callmack1

Staff member

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely THE BEST news to come home to! Finally it's all confirmed! I said I wouldn't celebrate until it was all signed, well, I'm celebrating right now!

Honestly, this is massive for our club. Wayne is Wayne. We know what he can do, and he is exactly what we need right now.

Kudos to the club for finally making a good decision, and hopefully this is the start of the rebirth.

I am so God damn excited! I had tears in my eyes when I saw the news initially.

Hohhhhhhh how good!!

speedster

Juniors
Still looking at front rowers we could go for, especially now players will know they will be playing under Wayne, the Sharks size and power up front has them sitting where we were this time last year. Plus they are getting Fonua-Blake next year too! They can't keep them all.

Kaufusi has really filled out like an oak tree now and has been playing great footy. He has a mutual option on his contract for next year while their cult hero Hazelton has a club option for next year also. Can't see them letting Hazelton go but they also have Hamlin-Uele, Rudolph, Hunt, this new kid Hau Tapuha who they pinched from the Roosters lower grades who is enormous and playing great off the bench all locked up.

Something's got to give. I reckon we could make a play for both Kaufusi and Hazelton and could likely end up with one of them but probably not both.

I'd be very happy if we could manage to squeeze Kaufusi out of them. He seems the no nonsense big prop type that Wayne loves too that doesn't break the bank. A few more from England wouldn't go astray either.

Elsewhere, I reckon Stefano Utoi might have too many suitors and carry too a high price which could make him hard to nail down but he would be great of course if we could secure him.

Last edited:

Hellray

Juniors
Still looking at front rowers we could go for, especially now players will know they will be playing under Wayne, the Sharks size and power up front has them sitting where we were this time last year. Plus they are getting Fonua-Blake next year too! They can't keep them all.

Kaufusi has really filled out like an oak tree now and has been playing great footy. He has a mutual option on his contract for next year while their cult hero Hazelton has a club option for next year also. Can't see them letting Hazelton go but they also have Hamlin-Uele, Rudolph, Hunt, this new kid Hau Tapuha who they pinched from the Roosters lower grades who is enormous and playing great off the bench all locked up.

Something's got to give. I reckon we could make a play for both Kaufusi and Hazelton and could likely end up with one of them but probably not both.

I'd be very happy if we could manage to squeeze Kaufusi out of them. He seems the no nonsense big prop type that Wayne loves too that doesn't break the bank. A few more from England wouldn't go astray either.

Elsewhere, I reckon Stefano Utoi might have too many suitors and carry too a high price which could make him hard to nail down but he would be great of course if we could secure him.

Yeah I agree with all of that,

Id also look at the raiders ranks... Trey Mooney looks to have some aggression about him and Wayne is the type to get extra out.
Guler or Hola could also be options, Hola almost never plays and even Guler isnt as much a regular as he would like and may want a change of scenery to reinvigorate his career.

speedster

Juniors
Yeah I agree with all of that,

Id also look at the raiders ranks... Trey Mooney looks to have some aggression about him and Wayne is the type to get extra out.
Guler or Hola could also be options, Hola almost never plays and even Guler isnt as much a regular as he would like and may want a change of scenery to reinvigorate his career.
I think Mooney looks the goods but I wouldn't be suprised if Ricky locks him down. Emre? He played lower grades for us so maybe he'd like to play under Wayne? Haven't really seen enough of Hola - will watch him closely this weekend since he's getting a run.

We need some real size added. Tatola will be our only real frontline genuine big bopper next year as things currently stand. The rest are fringe first graders who could step up.

Really hope Wayne can get Peter O'Sullivan to follow him to Souths also. Would be a great coup.

I think Mooney looks the goods but I wouldn't be suprised if Ricky locks him down. Emre? He played lower grades for us so maybe he'd like to play under Wayne? Haven't really seen enough of Hola - will watch him closely this weekend since he's getting a run.

We need some real size added. Tatola will be our only real frontline genuine big bopper next year as things currently stand. The rest are fringe first graders who could step up.

Really hope Wayne can get Peter O'Sullivan to follow him to Souths also. Would be a great coup.

We need to do what the rorters do so well without the nrl butting an eye lid just cook the books and rort the system as the rorters have done for over 50 years.uncle Nick politis is a legend at that that slimy greasy second hand corrupt car salesman.

speedster

Juniors
We need to do what the rorters do so well without the nrl butting an eye lid just cook the books and rort the system as the rorters have done for over 50 years.uncle Nick politis is a legend at that that slimy greasy second hand corrupt car salesman.
Never get into a pissing contest with a skunk.

callmack1

Staff member

I'd keep cook over mamouzelos as back up and cut his price tag mamouzelos is an ordinary hooker he is not the future at souths he is as good as lachlan ilias was omg lol at both of them they both play like a rudderless tin boat.Get ruthless souths just like the rorters always do for decades give cookie one of those rorters contracts to stay for less money hahahaha it works for the rorters why not for souths? If you don't know how to cook the books give uncle Nick a call he is the grand master of rorting.

Steenson123

Juniors
Callmac

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely THE BEST news to come home to! Finally it's all confirmed! I said I wouldn't celebrate until it was all signed, well, I'm celebrating right now!

Honestly, this is massive for our club. Wayne is Wayne. We know what he can do, and he is exactly what we need right now.

Kudos to the club for finally making a good decision, and hopefully this is the start of the rebirth.

I am so God damn excited! I had tears in my eyes when I saw the news initially.

Hohhhhhhh how good!!
Callmack 1.
Its NOT simply about the football we shall play.
Its about THE MAN himself, what a super legend this man truly is. How many humans do you know are great at their profession/trade at 74-75?? How many humans of such vintage are this agile, fit and have their cerebral faculties functioning at 101%? In addition, the man is quirky, has a sense of humour and a certain style of charisma that is totally unique.
The club needs to hold a welcoming ceremony for Burt in the off-season at Heffron Park. I want his autograph and to personally shake his hand. LEGEND!!

Latest posts