What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Glenn

First Grade
Haven't paid much notice to Fox coverage , but for how long have they been refering to left/right edge , centre, spine when doing the lineups pre game. ??

Perth Red

Post Whore
What happened t coverage of seeing the shield presented? Loads of waffle in the studio with no footage of the actual presentation!

Vee

First Grade
What happened t coverage of seeing the shield presented? Loads of waffle in the studio with no footage of the actual presentation!
I turned off post game. You got what I expected, shameless self-promotion and lightweight waffle. Typical F*x but Nein would have been no different.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I know some people who were there.

Apparently Craig Bellamy spoke for a while, Cooper Cronk was presented with a ball & they showed some highlights on the big screen before the JJ Giltinan Shield was presented. The people I know watched it off IQ on Sunday & said what was shown on Fox League's coverage was really good. (interviews, reactions after fulltime & they loved the Cronk lap of honour as he was talking to the panel).The fans I spoke to were happy enough with the team & support staff being shown with the shield. (didn't see Todd Greenberg present the shield, but they weren't that fussed about that)

I'm just passing this on from some Storm fans. (they understood ads had to be shown a few times in the post game show, as there aren't any during the game itself) I also thought what was shown was good.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The Fox Sports coverage of team lists is confusing and even more confusing if you don't know much about League.

Go back to a basic 1-17 lineup instead of left and right edge, cause sometimes those players aren't in those spots anyway.

roofromoz

First Grade
Haven't paid much notice to Fox coverage , but for how long have they been refering to left/right edge , centre, spine when doing the lineups pre game. ??

I think it started over the weekend. I can see what they're trying to do but it seemed to be at the expense of the standard team list.

Stallion

First Grade
Ive noticed a number of adverts being very insensitive of rugby league's relevance in our society. For instance their is a Harvey Norman advert that has AFL action photo when referring to buying a Tv for the footy finals? Also noted a Bundaberg rum advert which seems to infer the kiwis have it over Australians over a certain sport inferring that the Kangaroos are not about /ignored? Given that the rugby league test consistently out rates the union test on tv, its a bit rude. Reeks of an advertising executive mindset that ignores genuine popular sport.

Perth Red

Post Whore
On nrl channel they are advertising an afl nominate your coach competition, a soccer cahillfoundation something or other, nothing similar for nrl.

mozza91

Coach
Kent thinks that crowds are down due to negative comments about the game ........ from the coaches.

Maybe someone should mention to him that he and his Telecrap lackeys writing negative story after negative story about the NRL might also be to the detriment of the game.

Vee

First Grade
Kent thinks that crowds are down due to negative comments about the game ........ from the coaches.

Maybe someone should mention to him that he and his Telecrap lackeys writing negative story after negative story about the NRL might also be to the detriment of the game.
Absolutely right.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Kent admitted on nrl360 tonight that journos are more interested in writing sht about the game to sell papers regardless of damage to the game than actually reporting about the game.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Professor's show pretty poor tonight, Tommy Tuxedo was never funny, a whole show devoted to him is just lazy.

I'm starting to think that the professor may not be a real professor.