What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

Tiger5150

Bench
These morons outdid themselves at the start of the show today. I listened in hoping in forlorn hope to get some insight into the Tigers.

They started with a tirade about Justin Pascoe and Marina Go.

First of all Hughes says "In all of this where has Justin Pascoe been? We havent heard from him anywhere". Tunks chirps in with "He has been put in the witness protection program." Completely disregarding the fact that on pretty much EVERY media outlet (except theirs...shock) Pascoe has been omnipresent with full and complete and transparent answers about the entire situation. Not least of which a long interview with that idiot James Hooper on 2MMM. These clowns continue to go on that no one has heard from him.

Then they hook into Marina Go again with the complaint that no one has heard from her.....except (Hughes selectively finds) for a short article by Weidler in the SMH where Go states that she is judged in her role as Tigers chairperson as a Woman. The meatheads then go on to ridicule her as a woman, including the mental giant Tunks quips..."I dont see her as a woman, I see her as a chair, although she doesnt look like a chair". The clanger was when they were belittling her opinion that she is judged differently because she is a woman, Tunks says with no sense of irony... "Well she probably did agree to come on our show but she probably changed her mind.... thats what they are entitled to to do isnt it Robbo?".

They are beyond embarrassing and there can be no one with any intelligence in management overseeing them.

Life's Good

Coach
I hear you Tiger5150. Apart from Brett Papworth my take is that they are simply like the DT minus the sensationalist headlines.
Someone needs to tip them off that they are merely a sideshow with any relevance long since departed.

And someone needs to tell Peter Tunks his jokes weren't funny the first time nor the 17th time.

Iafeta

Referee
I know. Tunks always repeats the same jokes. First 12 times he chuckles to himself yet no one else cares.

The reason the Tigers haven't gone on the show is why do you want to speak to their low brow Alcoholics Anonymous audience of the same 24 drop kicks who call in every show repeating ad nauseum their diatribe. The fact they've spoken to other media outlets should give them fair warning that they are irrelevant. The whole station is a joke.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
They always put a word out to officials to go onto that show and time and time again there is a long list of declines and no responses.

They are irrelevant. 2SM isn't a platform to express one's views or defend themselves because nobody wants to ruin their reputations by having to do so.

I wonder how much they get paid to do what they do? I have always wondered that? Seriously... $50 000 a year? That's too much for what they do surely...

Yorrick Hunt

Juniors
These morons outdid themselves at the start of the show today. I listened in hoping in forlorn hope to get some insight into the Tigers.

They started with a tirade about Justin Pascoe and Marina Go.

First of all Hughes says "In all of this where has Justin Pascoe been? We havent heard from him anywhere". Tunks chirps in with "He has been put in the witness protection program." Completely disregarding the fact that on pretty much EVERY media outlet (except theirs...shock) Pascoe has been omnipresent with full and complete and transparent answers about the entire situation. Not least of which a long interview with that idiot James Hooper on 2MMM. These clowns continue to go on that no one has heard from him.

Then they hook into Marina Go again with the complaint that no one has heard from her.....except (Hughes selectively finds) for a short article by Weidler in the SMH where Go states that she is judged in her role as Tigers chairperson as a Woman. The meatheads then go on to ridicule her as a woman, including the mental giant Tunks quips..."I dont see her as a woman, I see her as a chair, although she doesnt look like a chair". The clanger was when they were belittling her opinion that she is judged differently because she is a woman, Tunks says with no sense of irony... "Well she probably did agree to come on our show but she probably changed her mind.... thats what they are entitled to to do isnt it Robbo?".

They are beyond embarrassing and there can be no one with any intelligence in management overseeing them.

Spot on. I'd guarantee that Marina Go would have more brains and integrity in her little finger than that lot would have between them.

Here is the actual source that the SMH and others have quoted from:
http://www.rugbyleaguehub.com/2017/...cised-because-im-a-woman-its-plain-ignorance/

Of particular interest was the following exchange.
If I was a Tigers supporter I'd be quite impressed with someone giving their time for nothing to try and help the club.

RLC: Why is that as chair you get so much media attention where some of your equivalents at other clubs don’t rate a mention?

MG: “Because I am a woman. Let’s call it for what it is. Most of the commentary is plain ignorance. Some rugby league journalists don’t fully understand the role of a board chair and think that I am in there running the business day-to-day, when in fact the board employs a CEO to do that. For example, some believe that I am a highly paid club employee when in fact I’m not paid a cent. I am doing this because I genuinely care about the future of this great club.”

Iafeta

Referee
That's a rarity Charl. I think I heard her too. She was good. She will be gone soon undoubtedly. The last one I heard couldn't string two words together. They are usually awful. How did they get a job? Are they from a dungeon or something because they have no idea about the outside world.

Salaries. I'm guessing Hughes $150k, Tunks $70k, Robertson $90k (isn't he sort of like the producer?), Papworth $60k. Hughes is probably the only one with any mainstream appeal because he was a very successful play by play man. These guys are part timers clearly.

Mr Saab

Referee
i doubt Tunks / Paps / Gavin would be on such salaries for 3 days a week (Gav 4) at 4 hrs a day.
Remember, this is 2SM who utilise news readers who struggle to pronounce the word "okay"

Iafeta

Referee
There probably isn't much to go around after they pay Laws. Although they get big revenue for their orthopaedic footwear ads for sole integrity, and the air that keeps Laws alive - it works, it just works, it simply works. Gerry Condom would pay to be on too, his $6 per month probably covers Tunks library of joke books.

How good was the email from Steve today. Told Hughes and Tunks that the reason Justin Pascoe hasn't been on is the station is insignificant lol. Poor Robbo nearly cried into his chai latte.

Life's Good

Coach
There probably isn't much to go around after they pay Laws. Although they get big revenue for their orthopaedic footwear ads for sole integrity, and the air that keeps Laws alive - it works, it just works, it simply works. Gerry Condom would pay to be on too, his $6 per month probably covers Tunks library of joke books.

How good was the email from Steve today. Told Hughes and Tunks that the reason Justin Pascoe hasn't been on is the station is insignificant lol. Poor Robbo nearly cried into his chai latte.
That was you wasnt it - Steve:)

Iafeta

Referee
Swear to God - not me. It was absolutely hilarious. I was going to say I wonder who from here sent it because they're a deadset legend

Life's Good

Coach
Swear to God - not me. It was absolutely hilarious. I was going to say I wonder who from here sent it because they're a deadset legend
Sounds like it was one from this thread. What I am certain of is they do read out comments from LU and pass them off as emails to them about a current league issue. I can recall them reading a comment from an emailer who has a unique name who happens to post on here. I wish they would read a few comments from this thread. Ha

Iafeta

Referee
Wow, really? Wish they'd drop that G and not end up reading here. Keep them with the bar flies.

I heard Mark Geyer mention once that he was on like $36,000 for working 3 days a week on the show. This was when he was suing Russell Crowe after he injured himself playing in Russ's 7s tournament.

Iafeta

Referee
Damn, no wonder they're an assembly of morons. You would expect more if you rolled out of the Stop and Rest half blind, errr like their phone ins do.

Iafeta

Referee
I reckon it's a stitch up. Remember when they had one of their newsreaders read "and picked her up by the crotch like a bowling ball". I reckon they have huge misprints on the TelePrompTer. It's the only way their faux pas make any sense. I think it's deliberate black humour.