What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations game 3 - Wales v NZ

adamkungl

Immortal
Good effort Wales. England keep a 2 point advantage over NZ.

Wales should improve before the WC and again in the following years. This will be a very different matchup in 5-10 years.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Comfortable unspectacular win. In the end it will come down to NZ V England next week so not a lot to it (unless they draw next week I guess).

Would be surprised if the England forwards don't dominate up front. NZ props are poor, and their centres are atrocious which limits what they're wingers can do.

Even if they sneak past England they don't have the firepower to beat Australia.

Springs

First Grade
Wrong.

Did your parents home school you or what mate?

No, right. Tell me how physics lets a ball passed backwards to go 5 metres forward with no momentum behind it?

Forward pass every day. Similar to the Parramatta pass vs Manly last year that everyone blew up about.

JasonE

Bench
There was a guy for Wales who plays second division in England Ross Divorty, he put in a great effort, Elliot Kear was very good as was Ben Flower, Craig Kopczak and Jordan James tried hard.

roughyedspud

Coach
wales are'nt a million miles away........if only this wales team had keiron cunningham,Iestyn harris & Jonathon davies......

gsweeper

Juniors
To be honest, a few years ago, that game would have been a much bigger blowout. I mean you see these scores from time to time in the NRL even. I reckon give it a couple more years and the scoreline will halve again. These developing nations are developing well. It actually seems like everyone is improving except England...let's see if that's true now.

NZ were poor, England have a better chance of making the final. Wales did well particularly in the 2nd half Elliot Kear did well but made a couple of little errors where Wales could have really easily scored, Craig Kopczak was brilliant as he was in the England game and I hope he commits to Wales I definitely have high hopes for them in the future especially with the likes of Kear joining Bradford, Dudson and Flower at Wigan and they already have lads like Rhys Williams at Warrington so they will be a force in the future they will need all the luck they can get against Australia next week, just need to tidy up a few things at least need to get a try.:crazy:

Coleworld

Juniors
Well done to Wales to keeping New Zealand to only two tries in the second half i expected the score to blow out, i took NZ -46 spread and i am surprised they didnt put another 30 points on Wales or maybe more disappointed that lost some money ha.

In saying that i'm sure this has been a good experience for Wales and hopefully they can push forward through to the WC13 and keep on improving. They're definitely doing good work in Europe to get these emerging nations matches contrary to what is done here in Australia to assist in having the pacific nations Samoa/Tonga/Fiji playing games.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Clocked of in the second half, reffing was atrocious. No really fluency and in the 2nd half there was a lack of forwards wanting to get go forwar for a while. Missing Matai and SKD is just crucial as our centres are just fill ins. Oh well, huge game against England next week, Will see how they go now.

langpark

First Grade
Then he doesn't understand the rules of the game and neither do you.

Passes are determined to be forward on the direction that they leave the hands, not how the ball travels.

A ball could travel 20 metre forward and be legal.
oh gimme a break!

This whole 'momentum' myth was a phil gould invention a few years ago in trying to justify matt king's gridiron pass in Origin as being legit... Trying to make a black and white situation grey, when it suits his team of course...