What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: India v Australia at Dharamsala on Mar 25-29, 2017

some11

Referee
No need to worry, it will probably just mean another 12 or so years for our next shot at winning a series over there.

TheParraboy

Staff member
No need to worry, it will probably just mean another 12 or so years for our next shot at winning a series over there.

Not sure, we have the batting foundation that should do better next time round

You would imagine Renshaw, Handscomb and Maxwell will perform a lot better. Smith should still be around. hopefully decent replacements for Warner and SMarsh. Also hopefully Swepson can develop. We always have decent pace bowlers. getting a decent keeper to come through may be the most difficult thing.

Barkley

Bench
Australia has always had decent keepers, that is unlikely to be a problem. Whether the selectors pick the best keeper is the issue.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The most frustrating thing this series was so winnable, the main blame should rely on the selectors. To be continually picking such an unbalanced team a keeper with dicks for hands and anyone with a surname of Marsh in their names should be a Sackable offence. How Oozie couldn't get a go is just mind blogging.

JJ

Immortal
The most frustrating thing this series was so winnable, the main blame should rely on the selectors. To be continually picking such an unbalanced team a keeper with dicks for hands and anyone with a surname of Marsh in their names should be a Sackable offence. How Oozie couldn't get a go is just mind blogging.

You were in it - largely on the back of Smith though - he can't always be relied on to be this good - actually perhaps he can.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I cant be critical of us in this series, it was one of the best series on par with the 2001 series and 2005 ashes.

People forget we over achieved here. Every test was "live" and series result up in the air right up to the 4th test well into day 3, I take that every time in india. Yeah we had some dud players this series, but so did they. Kholi was probably the worst batsman for the series (if you don't count MMarsh lol)

Hope somehow we can give India a scare today. Otherwise overall we did well

JJ

Immortal
Our pace bowlers have been excellent too.
Yeah, true - I guess the things we knew before this series were Smith is awesome at present, your quicks are potentially special, and Renshaw and Handscomb are promising. I think we also knew Warner was a flat track bully, Wade and the Marshes not terribly good test cricketers, similalrly Lyon and O'Keefe - the two spinners had their moments, Warner, Wade and the Marshes were as expected (SMarsh like the spinners had his moments).

The only surprises were Maxwell and Khawaja - and of course the Indians haven't been at their best, I think fatigue but also quality Australian bowling, and Smith has personally owned Kohli

I'm left thinking it was/is closer than expected, and brilliant viewing, but aside from that I am not sure what anyone takes out of it?

TheFrog

Coach
I'm left thinking it was/is closer than expected, and brilliant viewing, but aside from that I am not sure what anyone takes out of it?
Pride that they've given their all in a hostile environment, and been a part of an engrossing Test series.

India won't be able to win in Australia. The teams are level really.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The best news is when we next tour there the side won't have changed too much.

a) No Marsh's would help
b) Hopefully another couple of middle order bats that genuinely play spin well.
c) Possibly another keeper, but Wade wasn't that bad this series.

What have we learnt

a) Renshaw will be something top quality. 20 years old has shown he can score runs on turning tracks with a great temperament.
b) Handcomb is something to work with- he would be disappointed he didn't make that really big score.
c) Swepson learning over there- will be invaluable over the next couple of seasons.
d) Warner is awful overseas an should never have been selected.
e0 Smith needs to work on his captaincy, only giving Maxwell 5 overs in 2 tests where India were scoring big is ridiculous. Change it up, try something.

Iafeta

Referee
What? Lol, saying he was rubbish and needed to rotate the strike a hell of a lot more qualifies as defending it....?

In Wades case, this qualifies as a glowing endorsement. He will take anything he can get. He's probably so chuffed he's thinking up a cheeky VFL sledge on your name at the moment.

Bazal

Post Whore
In Wades case, this qualifies as a glowing endorsement. He will take anything he can get. He's probably so chuffed he's thinking up a cheeky VFL sledge on your name at the moment.

Ooh...do you think he might name our next bog average off spinner after me? Imagine having that on your headstone.

"He led a miserable life, but was still the inspiration behind the nickname of a bloke who played four tests for Australia and took 1/732. A true Aussie hero"

Tommy Smith

Referee
One thing I've taken out of this series is that if Hazlewood, Starc and Cummins are fit I won't be enjoying this years Ashes.

England are going to cop a 2013 Johnsonesque arse raping from 3 fast bowlers.

I feel like I should report what will happen to the Pre Crime Unit because we'll probably lose 5 nil.

And worst of all that overrated hack Hometown Davey will probably score 3 hundreds and be hailed as a national hero. And each time he'll manage to lift those tiny stump legs 3 feet off the ground by jumping in celebration.

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts