What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 week blocks

Special K

Coach
You can tell the NRL tried to give a soft start to some of the poor teams to keep their fans engaged. They gave the Tigers two home games right away against the Titans and Knights ffs. Dragons a bye round 1. We got Souths and Parra who are on paper are even match up. It will shake out through the year.

People are going to have to start giving credit to Webby's Winning Warriors as they are a different side to the COVID Warriors. No more Warriorball either. They play the long game well and don't go all Globetrotter when they slip behind. They just keep coming and hanging in.
true
but a 20 point home lead... i mean come on

Stake Removed

First Grade
well theres now 2 more games a year for them in brisbane.

plus this year its all front loaded cos womens world cup
Broncs could actually take some games outside of Brisbane every other teams does.
They could play a game in Toowoomba or Darwin, yes less crowds, they seem to be a team who never takes a game to the country

Frenzy.

Immortal
Broncs could actually take some games outside of Brisbane every other teams does.
They could play a game in Toowoomba or Darwin, yes less crowds, they seem to be a team who never takes a game to the country
Perhaps they could but I don't see why they would. Their crowd average this year is 36,000+. They move, they lose money as they won't get a crowd anywhere near that and the NRL only pay a pittance. Also as a publically listed company with shareholders they have a fiscal responsibility to make $$.

Sad but true

Frenzy.

Immortal
Haha…. Thank god!

They went after JWH, there were nearly always 3 or 4 defenders in his face with good line speed.

I noticed Tieg had some real venom in some of his middle defence - nice to see!
Indeed. If all 3 calls would have come to fruition they may have scored 50.

Now to hope the effort hasn't drained them for the game against a severely depleted dogs team. These are games we often lose. Don't think we will but wouldn't surprise. I won't get over excited till they are putting streaks of wins together

Chimp

Bench
Indeed. If all 3 calls would have come to fruition they may have scored 50.

Now to hope the effort hasn't drained them for the game against a severely depleted dogs team. These are games we often lose. Don't think we will but wouldn't surprise. I won't get over excited till they are putting streaks of wins together
This is the sort of game where you really want to see them turn up with the same intensity as the Roosters game, and even if we’re flogging them, do not let up.
Our problem will be that we get a few early scores, are tearing them apart, so start laughing and enjoying the moment too much, relax, start getting sloppy, concede a couple, give them a sniff and end up back in heart attack territory.

Quigs

Immortal
Perhaps they could but I don't see why they would. Their crowd average this year is 36,000+. They move, they lose money as they won't get a crowd anywhere near that and the NRL only pay a pittance. Also as a publically listed company with shareholders they have a fiscal responsibility to make $$.

Sad but true

They are still charnnts of the first degree.

Sad but true
Absolutely true. Not so sad ... They have a fan base ,and a recruitment base . They have benefited for many yrs from lack of competition for both . It has lead to lack of interest from potential fans of rugby league ,from different regions , losing interest.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I don’t mind McInnes starting.... has been pretty underwhelming off the bench imo. Tough nut who is pretty solid defensively. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

Sad but true
Absolutely . And theres no responsibility fiscal or otherwise for anything happening after a couple of yrs ... You can always find someone else to blame for that.

shaggs

Coach
Next 5 not including the bye

Round 7 vs roosters (H)
Round 8 vs bulldogs (A)
Round9 vs Cows (H)
Round 10 vs Dolphins (Magic round)
Round 11 vs Manly (A)

This will decide where we want end the year and what sort team we actually are.
Are we mentally weak?
Are we too small in the middle?
Do we lack athletic explosive forwards?

Roosters have been up and down, but lapped is in same game last year
Dogs have much improved
Cows have been shit like us. Who turns it around first
Dolphins, who knows. Have we ever won at Suncorp for magic round??
Manly at brookvale. Curse was broken last year but they have looked pretty good in patches

This could easily be a 0/5 or a 4/5? Which sharks are going to turn up?
Quote myself.

This block is
R7 vs roosters = win
R8 vs dogs = win
R9 vs cows = win
R10 vs dolphins
R11 vs manly

Improvement so far.