What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50th Anniversary Game

snout

First Grade
In sport you acknowledge seasons.

The year you broke into first grade.
Second season syndrome.
Hes in his 10th season first grade.

Its embarrasing we came into the comp in 67 and are celebrating our 50th this year.

taipan

Referee
Long time supporters should get an Argyle 50th anniversary diamond on their membership card.

Quigs

Immortal

Second season syndrome.

Its embarrasing we came into the comp in 67 and are celebrating our 50th this year.

Yeppers old Snoutarooney, last season was our 50th season fo' sure. It went from what March till October. Then our 50th season finished. Youse can even count them if you like (sorry I have not updated the 2016 comment column) Now five / six months later we've decided to celebrate our 50th ...... it's got me farkkked

50yrs.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
Piss off Cools. There was a 6 months break between the end of year / season 1 and the start of season 2.

Anyhow I celebrated every game (where possible) and flogging we got - every weekend of our first season.

By the 2nd year the floggings were no big deal.

Second season syndrome.

In season 2, the guy is asked how long has he been playing first grade for. Answer ? 1
Befoe playing a game in season 2, Ferdinand the cat was having 2nd season syndrome.
At the start of his 10th season in first grade, Ferdiand spoke of the toll of playing for 9 seasons

shaggs

Coach
In season 2, the guy is asked how long has he been playing first grade for. Answer ? 1
Befoe playing a game in season 2, Ferdinand the cat was having 2nd season syndrome.
At the start of his 10th season in first grade, Ferdiand spoke of the toll of playing for 9 seasons
For once I agree with you

Quigs

Immortal
I agree with everything Prefer Coffee says even if he is wrong. He knows a lot more then that smart kent who used to hang around here.

And all I know is the Pennies got it right.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Can see you stumbling around a nursing home down the track yelling repeatedly "It was the faarrkken 51st anniversary I tell you" to anyone who cares to listen Quigs.

Quigs

Immortal
I have no need to express myself to anyone because all those that need to know realise that this is our 51st season swimming in the big pond.

It is such a huge extravaganza, us celebrating our 51st season that the NRL has gone right out of its way to accommodate our really hue-mung-oss eeee-vent. An event that will bring the entire Shire together to celebrate like no other. Crikey even our bestus everest loyalist number 1 supporter might even make a statement about it or even Toddy NRLbergh might come on over to Sharkpark to help cut a cake. Ferkkkkk its going to be big.

Who are we playing again?

Well ........ ummm ....... it might be up there with the climax of our 50th season when our squad did its first ever lap of honour.

We missed the boat big time baby.

Last edited:

snout

First Grade
Jayden Brailey is in his first season of first grade. He didnt play first grade last year.

Ash Taylor is in his 2nd season of first grade. He played first grade last year.
He wont be celebrating his first season this year.
He will be celebrating his 2nd season.

Ferdinand the cat has furballs.

Jayden Brailey is in his first season of first grade. He didnt play first grade last year.

Ash Taylor is in his 2nd season of first grade. He played first grade last year.

So you are saying Ash Taylor should have got on the piss & celebrated before he ran out for game 1?

snout

First Grade

...and to further highlight the absurdity of this stuffup:

In 1967 we weren't enjoying our first year in the First Division comp - we were enjoying our 0th year.

lol.

I don't see the confusion
Yes this is our 51st season of playing first grade rugby league.
Yes this weekend marks our 50th birthday since the day we ran out to play Easts at the Sports Ground.
When you turn 50 you are in your 50th year.
Simples.

coolumsharkie

Referee
anniversary
anɪˈvəːs(ə)ri/
noun
  1. the date on which an event took place or an institution was founded in a previous year.
    "the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Britain"
    synonyms: jubilee, commemoration
    • the date on which a couple were married in a previous year.
      "he even forgot our tenth anniversary!"