What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair chased by Dragons and Warriors

Frank Facer

First Grade
I agree with Jonesy. Blair looks to be the best prop available right now. He would be a short term option. He does play hard and would probably be an equal replacement for Packer. I would sign him up and I would still be looking for another top shelf prop if one became available.

I believe/hope that we have around 1.3 mil or so cap space, that we could have spent on Dugan and Packer. Blair and another top prop would give us one of the best packs in the comp, with Host, Lawrie and Leilua all developing and pushing for a spot in the 17 as well. With a top pair of halves in Hunt and Widdop and our very promising junior outside backs coming through, we could have a team that could be a premiership contender in the next few years.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm not against this (if it actually transpires) but max 2yr deal.
Might be a good time to pick up Blair as he's now the NZ captain (for the WC) and would hopefully add some responsibility to his play

Crush

Coach
Have you forgotten about our coach?
I think we are a long way off.
To win a premiership we need 2 quick wingers, 2 consistent centres and a captain with some ticker.
I watch those storm outside backs score tries at will with speed size and agility and think its like boys playing men. We have inconsistent, slow, error ridden, injury prone outside backs.
Storm have Cameron fricken Smith as their captain! Dragons have Widdop.
The Dragons have a forward pack that is up there with the best but our backs are one of the worst allround backlines in the comp.
We are a fair way off winning a comp IMO and its not ALL the coaches fault either IMO.

Blair may be the best prop "available" outside the club but I would prefer to blood Lawrie and Sele and eventually Kerr.

These guys are improving rapidly.

We may struggle to get 2 good consistent years out of Blair.

Saints should either be shopping from the top shelf (not the best currently available) or instead give Lawrie and Sele an off season to improve their bodies for the rigours of FG. 2018 could be a big year for booth of them.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
We're not after Blair, this is a completely bullshit rumour. Millward himself said that there are currently no props on the market that fit their criteria.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes , he is one tough son of a gun , however he does have that real dirty streak about him , which is uncalled for . The man needs to be able to control that facet of his game , more so when you realise that McGregor does not rule with an iron fist , as does Bennett.

Still believe that if they looked overseas , Millward would be able to find someone , that would be a better fit for the Dragons and on a longer term .

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
Yes , he is one tough son of a gun , however he does have that real dirty streak about him , which is uncalled for . The man needs to be able to control that facet of his game , more so when you realise that McGregor does not rule with an iron fist , as does Bennett.

Still believe that if they looked overseas , Millward would be able to find someone more fitting to the Dragons and on a longer term .
Maybe we can send Mary and Doust and while we are at it the whole coaching staff overseas to find a prop , no time frame they can stay as looooong as the want ...

Life's Good

Coach
For me the big thing is can Mary get the best out of him so he is the Blair from the Broncos or Storm?? Seeing how well Vaughan has gone maybe so.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You guys are idiots

Blair is not 'tough' he has no 'mongrel' he is a cheap shot merchant who hides when the 'tough stuff' actually needs doing. The bloke passes more then he gets tackled. I'm not talking offloads with guys on him, I mean running cross field and throwing to anyone when a hit up is needed. When you need help getting out of trouble he is out the back bludging. He misses more 1on1 tackles then I've ever seen from a prop. He gives away stupid penalties when you least need them.

I still remember a game against Souths in 13/14 where he was playing on the edge and missed 3 tackles on John Sutton that lead to line breaks, John f*%cking Sutton!

He went ok in 2015 when he had Parker, McQuire, Wallace, Thaiday etc doing the tough work for him. This year it's on him and he has been terrible. There's a reason why Bennett is supposedly letting him walk with a year to go on his contract.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Blair is a grub and playing for Bronco's and Storm he can get away with it but in the red V seriously he will be penalised every time he makes a tackle. You know that when the red V is worn the players are under the microscope big time and cannot even fart on the field without being penalised. Top example is Frizzell last year, touches a ref gets a week, I have seen so many since never to be even mentioned.

Suprised Frizzell did not get sent off for touching Hodkinson leading up to Nene's try on the weekend.

Imagine Blair with hsi cheap shots. Saints will be down a man every game he plays.

As we can see every year, there are 3 sets of rules, 1 for the Dogs,Storm and Bronco's (let everything go and help them out if needed), 1 for the Saints (penalise them for everything possible and if they score penalise the opposition to overturn the Dragons try and go back to a penalty no play on applies, refer to Dogs game scrum clock penalty) and 1 for the rest (NRL referring guidelines).