What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair - No More Graham?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Why would ANY established front rower worth his salt want to play under McGregor?

It is that simple.

I firmly believe Saints won't sign either aforementioned player.

Vinnie

Juniors
Unfortunately i see both as knee jerk reactions and a short term solution to cover loss of Packer.
Blair has a past history of playing well on the last year of his contract and going on a holiday prior ala Tigers ( dubbed as the biggest flop of the season ) Seeing that at 31 this could be his last contract and wont be needing to play for a new contract at the end of it .... No thanks not worth the risk.
Graham at least has better leadership attitude and could be a lot more value to our young ones ... but still wouldn't pay overs for him. At a good price he could be a good buy ... but in no way should we offload future prospects to secure him again he's short term only .....
All in all i would rather invest in our juniors such as Lawrie and co. or search for a younger time solution.

dungay dragon

Juniors
McGregor, Doust and our rotten administration
Fairly obvious this has nothin to do with Graham...personally the deal ticks most of the boxes , but the bull grubs are trying to off load him as close to their siily $ 900 back ended deal...One would assume that we have offered around or just under "half" for his services...so there is the dilemma.
Then we smartly throw out through the managers , that talks have stalled with the grubs and we are back in the hunt for Blair, hoping to get the grubs nervous and come back to the table to get the deal done...short term fix , definitely , but also brought about by some of our so called promising juniors who havent come on as quickly as we all would have hoped...Have watched a fair share of 20s and nsw cup and these guys are just not consistent enough to warrant or be experimented in first grade...yet..

Fairly obvious this has nothin to do with Graham...personally the deal ticks most of the boxes , but the bull grubs are trying to off load him as close to their siily $ 900 back ended deal...One would assume that we have offered around or just under "half" for his services...so there is the dilemma.
Then we smartly throw out through the managers , that talks have stalled with the grubs and we are back in the hunt for Blair, hoping to get the grubs nervous and come back to the table to get the deal done...short term fix , definitely , but also brought about by some of our so called promising juniors who havent come on as quickly as we all would have hoped...Have watched a fair share of 20s and nsw cup and these guys are just not consistent enough to warrant or be experimented in first grade...yet..
If Graham comes to play for us then he may well be an upgrade on Packer.
He would also help mentor the up and comers because under McGregor, those young blokes are just being dicked around and not properly inducted into FG.
The will never become consistent if they are not given real game time. 10 mins and 20 mins and even 0mins game time off the bench is really an insult to the potential and talent of those boys.
Host, Lawrie, Sele have been given that treatment and it stinks.
The issue is that there is no way we would be able to sign Graham if it wasn't because of Canterbury's forced fire sale.
I hope it works out for us as Graham could make a significant difference.
Players these days are motivated firstly by money and then the coach and culture of the team they play for.
The question was why we find it hard to attract and sign top line players?

denis preston

First Grade
If Graham comes to play for us then he may well be an upgrade on Packer.
He would also help mentor the up and comers because under McGregor, those young blokes are just being dicked around and not properly inducted into FG.
The will never become consistent if they are not given real game time. 10 mins and 20 mins and even 0mins game time off the bench is really an insult to the potential and talent of those boys.
Host, Lawrie, Sele have been given that treatment and it stinks.
The issue is that there is no way we would be able to sign Graham if it wasn't because of Canterbury's forced fire sale.
I hope it works out for us as Graham could make a significant difference.
Players these days are motivated firstly by money and then the coach and culture of the team they play for.
The question was why we find it hard to attract and sign top line players?

Graham has got to be their target and for him to play with Widdorp and the fact he lives in the "shire " would make it a great fit for him personally but the Dragons quite rightly don't want to pay more than 5 or 600k a year. So that is what the delay is , as well as I suspect this weekends game.

Attracting top line players ? Top bidders usually get the players and our version of this is with Hunt & Vaughan . We have done so well to retain the players we wanted and kept the juniors as well. Look how much the Bulldogs have stuffed things up with paying for "top line " players

dungay dragon

Juniors
Graham has got to be their target and for him to play with Widdorp and the fact he lives in the "shire " would make it a great fit for him personally but the Dragons quite rightly don't want to pay more than 5 or 600k a year. So that is what the delay is , as well as I suspect this weekends game.

Attracting top line players ? Top bidders usually get the players and our version of this is with Hunt & Vaughan . We have done so well to retain the players we wanted and kept the juniors as well. Look how much the Bulldogs have stuffed things up with paying for "top line " players
Funnily enough Dennis , if the boot was on the other foot the Bullgrubs would be announcing player transfer on game day ,,against us... As most Clubs are on or over the 2018 cap there arent too many others that can enter the bidding for JG

Dragsters

First Grade
Watching Blair play, and I use that term loosely, last night I think we can call that one, bulliet successfully dodged, he was bloody awful.

I reckon we had no intention of signing him.

The Blair talk only seemed to get traction when the cap was finalised for next year and it was revealed thst some clubs were over and had to consider offloading players.

In our case i reckon Blair was simply a pawn in the get Graham game...

giboz71

First Grade
"Adam Blair has agreed to join the Warriors next year on a four-year deal worth $2.4 million."

Great News people ................ dodged a bullet there, phew!

What an unmitigated disaster for the Warriors.

This is a club who couldn't do anything with a spine of Luke, Foran, Johnson and RTS. They are that bad, even we can call them our bunnies.

Not sure how Blair on 600k a year is going to help their cause.

SBD82

Coach
What an unmitigated disaster for the Warriors.

This is a club who couldn't do anything with a spine of Luke, Foran, Johnson and RTS. They are that bad, even we can call them our bunnies.

Not sure how Blair on 600k a year is going to help their cause.
Wouldn't want him at our club, but Blair has shown that under a good coach he can show some good form.

So I guess now all the warriors need is a good coach.

Latest posts