What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aitken

troy

Juniors
Thanks Ali - appreciate the info ! I like to hear about the kids coming through - i have a real good feeling about this season and i think these young blokes have to step up and shine to really give us a chance . I don't live in the Shire anymore(haven't for 20yrs) but still like to stay up2date with the young guys coming through and i make sure i drive down for every home game .

What do you know about Russo ? I know he's from the Sunshine Coast and i know he was an Australian schoolboy... whats the word ? How has he been training ? I hear good things .

Its funny how people from elsewhere bag our club on last yrs results - usually people who don't know football but we are a completley different side in so many ways this year -

Im thinking big things ..

Booyah

Bench
troy said:
What do you know about Russo ? I know he's from the Sunshine Coast and i know he was an Australian schoolboy... whats the word ? How has he been training ? I hear good things.

Former Australian Schoolboys Captain and younger brother of Jamie Russo from Parramatta.

He used to go to the same school as I did and played mainly Second row or Lock. While he was at the Storm he looks like he's bulked up a fair bit and was playing prop for them, so I'd say we can expect to see him playing all positions in the pack barring rake.

Good solid player and good defender. Had a serious knee problem last year (Knee Reco) and was also in a car crash with Marty Turner back at the Storm. He used to have a bit of pace, but as I say it looks like he's bulked up.

That's pretty much it. From all reports he's fully over his knee problem and is training the house down. I think he'll be a good buy for us.

redback

Bench
G'day McSharkie, Im a huge Sharks fan who used to upset a few people by talking the truth. There were howls of protest by many when I stated that Campbell was unhappy and was set to leave. This was followed by heaps more exclusives and there were some people who thought that we should be only talking about the positives.

PJ

First Grade
Definately the old Redback, very liberal with the truth.

Your Campbell set to leave was actually you saying he'd be gone before the season started.

Welcome back though, you have been missed.

I think you'll probably get a bit of deja-vu with Morpheus though.

redback

Bench
C'mon PJ, If it wasn't for me the Forum would have been a playpen, with the discussions around how "Sexy Stevo is" and "whats everyone going to do on their school holidays"!

Now that Im back I'll have a few more scoops for you in the coming weeks.

Hows Beeker by the way? Does he frequent the forum?

Anonymous

Juniors
Welcome back redback, its your old pal Sharksfan Z here... :D

Looking forward to a bit of controversy on your behalf.

redback

Bench
G'day Z, Its been a while. I like the new Den by the way. It should be a great season, and I think that we will go very close in what will be a very even comp. The only certainty is that Manly will claim the spoon ahead of Souths.

Back to the Sharks, I am expecting a huge season from Sullivan.

PJ

First Grade
Why do you think I'd said you'd been missed?

Hope your scoops have improved in accuracy :D

You should be asking Morpheus how Beeker is. If the stories are to be believed they are quite close.

Anonymous

Juniors
Back to the Sharks, I am expecting a huge season from Sullivan.

If and when he manages to force his way into first grade, which will only happen if he tightens up his kicking and passing games and Russ Aitken gets injured, then he might have a huge season.

I expect he'll do well in Premier League though.

redback

Bench
Dont worry PJ, my source has been reprimanded for his 95% accuracy. I too am a perfectionist and will settle for nothing less than 100% this year.

Anyway, its good to be back, and even better to see some old "faces".

cheese

Bench
garbs, whats the deal. you spoke to simmons. Is russ pretty much a shoe in for 1st crack?

redback

Bench
Sullivan will get first crack. Aitken is good but he will have to force his way in of the bench.