What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All deals are off until you find form: Parra boss

Kornstar

Coach
Sure I have no issue in saying I am a good friend of Dave and a few other current and past players from a range of clubs. I do not intend on posting my name but I am sure you can understand that much. I normally don’t post as you can see but due to being a massive eels fan I like to read about what other supports have to say. You and a few others clearly have your own view on someone who is a good friend of mine. As I said before and I will say again you know f**k all about what really goes on.
Tell me this, who do you blame for Andrew Ryan leaving the club??

I blame the Bulldogs for being dirty, cheating scum :)

Can you ask David if he can break Tim Smiths contract with the Sharks so he can come home? That is actually a serious comment too......

"It's a matter for them, but in tough times clubs have got to stick together,"Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg said yesterday.
so why are you sticking your big nose into it?
The Bulldogs said recently their focus was on retention, as several players will be off-contract in the spring, including halves Brett Kimmorley and Ben Barba.
:lol::lol: yeah right they have been chasing every eel coming off contract
Greenberg said any decision on Keating would be made irrespective of what happens with Barba and Kimmorley.
how many centres do you want??
Keating has also been linked to a move to Townsville.
"I don't think what Parramatta does will have any impact on what we do," Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr said yesterday.
if we sign up thurston i think it will have a pretty big impact on you ;-)
"If they're going to hold off for a while, it might open up the opportunity for other clubs to have a chat."
other clubs are already talking to our players so whats the difference?

Manager David Riolo, whose agency handles the interests of Keating, Mateo and Inu, said he was surprised because he had not heard anything official from Parramatta yet.
"I'm not going to get into a slanging match, but if that's what they want to do then that's their prerogative," Riolo said.
"There's plenty of interest in both boys (Keating and Mateo)."
ahh the old 'plenty of interest' ruse you would think managers would come up with something new after all these years i think he's after a quick sale before their form hits rock bottom and theres no interest
Greenburg is a dickhead but he makes a good point. Why deal with these things in public for?
my 2c is ozzie knows we can't match the offers from other teams and the constant media speculation is disrupting the team so he is forcing the issue to end it one way or the other

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Sure I have no issue in saying I am a good friend of Dave and a few other current and past players from a range of clubs. I do not intend on posting my name but I am sure you can understand that much. I normally don’t post as you can see but due to being a massive eels fan I like to read about what other supports have to say. You and a few others clearly have your own view on someone who is a good friend of mine. As I said before and I will say again you know f**k all about what really goes on.
Tell me this, who do you blame for Andrew Ryan leaving the club??

Nothing worse than someone saying in a forum that they know people or know what's going on, but add nothing but hot air and antagonism to the thread.

I'm sure you can understand that much ?

TeHEel

Juniors
Its actually one reason why I hardly ever post. You would not believe the number of times I have typed a posted then deleted it :lol:. I will admit I find it hard sometimes when I constantly read comments that are so far from the truth its not funny. Also I know I should have a thicker skin but negative comments about friends is also tough ;) But that aside I am an Eels fan all the way.

As for Tim Smith that boat has sailed and I hope he goes well. He actually did want to come back to the Eels but considering how we were going towards then end of last year it was no surprise he was not in their plans. Also he needed the time in QLD to be close to his family..

Suitman

Post Whore
As for Tim Smith that boat has sailed and I hope he goes well. He actually did want to come back to the Eels but considering how we were going towards then end of last year it was no surprise he was not in their plans. Also he needed the time in QLD to be close to his family..

Sure he did. That's why he ran off to England. :sarcasm:

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
who do you blame for Andrew Ryan leaving the club??

I blame the fact that he had a falling out with Brian Smith and if it wasn't te bulldogs illegal funds that poached him he would of went accross the ditch to the Warriors...

so why are we worried about what happened 7 years ago?? :?

TeHEel

Juniors
Not worried about 7 years ago, was just interested in seeing your response. Anyway last post from me for while, I'll go back to just reading :p

Stagger eel

Staff member
Not worried about 7 years ago, was just interested in seeing your response. Anyway last post from me for while, I'll go back to just reading :p

ok, I'll promise to be gentle on little David in future...:sarcasm:

HJ do you have insomnia whats with the posting at 4 in the morning ?

I just start to get the shake if I haven't read your posts in about 6 hours.

ok, I'll promise to be gentle on little David in future...:sarcasm:

I won't. The fact that he is your friend has nothing to do with the fact that he is a scummy player manager who doesn't give a sh*t about anything else except money.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I won't. The fact that he is your friend has nothing to do with the fact that he is a scummy player manager who doesn't give a sh*t about anything else except money.

come on Johnny, he's only interested in the development of the player..:sarcasm:

TeHEel

Juniors
I just start to get the shake if I haven't read your posts in about 6 hours.

Don't be angry at people that are more successful then you. Its not his fault you are a nothing. You angry little man..Bye bye :lol::lol::lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Don't be angry at people that are more successful then you. Its not his fault you are a nothing. You angry little man..Bye bye :lol::lol::lol:

You know there is a lot of quality about you. You're mum must be proud. :sarcasm:

TheParraboy

Staff member

The way I understand it, Bobcat wanted a 3 year deal (which he got at the dogs)

we only offered 1 year

Considering how he was playing at the time, and the fact we had signed a few players to longer deals who werent delivering. I thought it was fair call

Now, lets here the gory truth :p

I walk down the streets of Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne and people know who I am. They stop me for pictures and autographs. More successful than me? :lol:

(yes, than not then)

When Riolo wins Equal First in the Most Handsome Man in the Universe competition, maybe then he can be compared to me.