What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Website Revamp Coming Soon

roopy

Referee
I totally disagree that the growth in America is disappointing.
I can see that we have had our hopes raised and dashed more than a few times, but if you actually look at the progression of the game we see that it grows steadily every year.
We would all like to see it double in size in a season, but reality is that it grows 10 or 20% every year, and that is bloody good.
The team that wins the comp in America this year will need to have the training, coaching and playing staff to equal a decent country side in Aus or a very good amatuer side in England, and just a few seasons ago a Pub side in a country second division would have gone close.
Within a few seasons there will be semi pro players in America, and some of them will be American.
It's baby steps, but if any of us had been asked 10 years ago where we would like to see the game now, we would have been overjoyed to see a permanent comp that will never dissappear that can find a spot for Daniel Wagon without it being obvious that he will be the best player in the league.
If American can lock down the position in the 2013 WC and continue to grow at the rate they are now, they will be good enough to play in every WC from now till eternity.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
Guys

If it is the website you are worrying about - relax.

Let me put it this way - do you think it hasn't been updated through laziness. From a guy who spends 24/7 promoting league in the US. Please!

Do you think it hasn't been updated through not knowing the importance of the medium? They obviously know the importance because of facebook, twitter etc.

You dont think they have capable people waiting in the wings to set it up when all the ducks are in a row?

Really, compared to all the obstacles faced over here, the actual website itself is easy. I am telling you now, they have been capable of much harder things than setting up a website.

There are obviously other reasons why it hasn't been done. And they are probably not shouting it from the rooftops for a good reason either.

If you do want to find out more, do what it says on the website and follow on facebook or twitter.

I really think the personal attacks are way over the top in relation to the percieved "offence". My god, you would think there would be some gratitude. Is this something you have put time and money in - NO!

On a lighter note -

Highlights - Still waiting on all that YOU have done and achieved through the council. Not what you are in the process of doing. Or I might accuse you of a ...umm...bait and switch!

Y2Eel

First Grade
Self explanatory, really. People with business skills have money and can generate money.

People with 0 business capability rely on funding.

These 2 bold bits are what you are getting mixed up....

People with Business skills Running/Starting up a New Business/League will not splash all of there own cash into it they will need funding mainly through sponsorship..

Take a look at the A league as an example or even the Rabbitohs...

So people by your saying with or without business skills will require funding... :?

clarency

Juniors
But this gets back to the original point of the structure of the AMNRL. Of course the CEO is going to be constantly busy... so why burden himself with the responsibility of having to maintain the league's website, which is clearly on the low end of his list of priorities.

While it does appear constructive to send out updates via facebook and twitter this damages it's credibility as an amateur league. I know finding sponsors would be a difficult task, but you surely can not contest that a league using a 10 year old web design and sends out the news on twitter and facebook is going to only make this more difficult.

clarency

Juniors
But this gets back to the original point of the structure of the AMNRL. Of course the CEO is going to be constantly busy... so why burden himself with the responsibility of having to maintain the league's website, which is clearly on the low end of his list of priorities.

While it does appear constructive to send out updates via facebook and twitter this damages it's credibility as an amateur league. I know finding sponsors would be a difficult task, but you surely can not contest that a league using a 10 year old web design and sends out the news on twitter and facebook is going to only make this more difficult.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
You didnt get my point. They are not not doing it because they are too busy or don't get the importance of it. I know they know the importance of it. I suspect it is frustrating them as well.

clarency

Juniors
Why not say the reason why it's being delayed then... see this is further the source of more frustration, as all we can do is speculate because we've been given no information. Why so secretive? Why insist there are legitimate reasons about being secretive, and refusing to say what they are as well.

Like I said... structure. You can't run a league like that.

jim_57

Staff member
I'm not going to take a side on this arguement. I do believe Niu has done a very good job but also feel he could use alot more outside help especially from now on.

juro

Bench
I see at least that they have the schedule and table being updated on the old site. Still old logos for the teams...