What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Website Revamp Coming Soon

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
I wonder if it would be possible to hand the whole AMNRL website over to American Rugby News?
ARN is already the place to go for news on American League. They would just need to set up club information and become the 'official' AMNRL website and the problem is solved.

This month the AMNRL fell from being in the top 2million websites on the internet to being at 5.5 million

American rugby news has a traffic rank in america of being in the top 800,000 websites.

I have several websites that are in the top 300,000 websites online.

I may even make a website for American League just to highlight the flaws of David Niu.

In a month I could get it into the top 1 million websites, EASY. The only problem is where to get news, not being on the front line most information, news and updates would have to be sourced from the AMNRL or American Rugby News. And neither are that great.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Not to burst your bubble mate but there are some big things happening in regards to the AMNRL website. They are taking a little longer than planned and there are some very legitimate reasons for them not being able to release information. So if you claim to have such an interest and are such a supporter on the game in the USA - be a little patient and stop making threats about making websites that will put the game backwards and effect those who have done everything to get it to at least this point. Your passion is great given you are so "concerned" providing it is for the game and NOT for self promotion of your website knowledge or ability.
Spinner Howland - Jacksonville Axemen - I don't need to hide behind a user name.

Last edited:

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Not to burst your bubble mate but there are some big things happening in regards to the AMNRL website. They are taking a little longer than planned and there are some very legitimate reasons for them not being able to release information. So if you claim to have such an interest and are such a supporter on the game in the USA - be a little patient and stop making threats about making websites that will put the game backwards and effect those who have done everything to get it to at least this point. Your passion is great given you are so "concerned" providing it is for the game and NOT for self promotion of your website knowledge or ability.
Spinner Howland - Jacksonville Axemen - I don't need to hide behind a user name.

You write that as if I want the AMNRL to fail. The reason I'm bagging Niu is because of the exact opposite; I want League to succeed in America. It won't happen under him. I also fail to see how creating a website for American League would put the game backwards, in anyway, whatsoever.

This isn't about self promotion, it's about highlighting where Niu fails, how he fails and what he should be doing. Explaining my own experience and knowledge in certain areas is a given when discussing his failures.

As I say earlier there's nothing to suggest he's doing anything of merit. All we hear is the same empty rhetoric from people supposedly in the know, about how there's something big around the corner, and how for some reason we can't possibly know about it, because the whole thing would implode if it was public knowledge :crazy:

It's nonsense. Was nonsense 12 months ago, it's nonsense now. Nius been doing the old bait-and-switch promotional tactics since I can remember.

Chris Mason - Rugby Highlights - You miss the point of Usernames.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Do you really understand how hard it is to get ANY kind of funding for sport here in the USA? Do you really know the struggles we are all facing to get RL to where it is? I work for a 4 BILLION per year company and they do some pretty BIG sporting events sponsorship and Rugby (either code) is not anywhere near their radar at a major level. There is a lot more happening here than you realize and until you have actually been on the ground trying to make it work it is hard to understand just how tough it is. AND there are things happening at the moment behind the scenes that are not able to be released yet for a few reasons. If you care to make a trip over to Jacksonville you would quickly see that things are hard than they look.
I don't need a user name!

Last edited:

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Do you really understand how hard it is to get ANY kind of funding for sport here in the USA? Do you really know the struggles we are all facing to get RL to where it is? I work for a 4 BILLION per year company and they do some pretty BIG sporting events sponsorship and Rugby (either code) is not anywhere near their radar at a major level. There is a lot more happening here than you realize and until you have actually been on the ground trying to make it work it is hard to understand just how tough it is. AND there are things happening at the moment behind the scenes that are not able to be released yet for a few reasons. If you care to make a trip over to Jacksonville you would quickly see that things are hard than they look.

But that's the point. A true business man wouldn't need funding.

Granted it's hard, but it'd be far easier with a CEO who had a clue. How this can be disputed I don't know. Too many of you who know the bloke are letting your personal opinions on the man blind you.

His passion for the game will never cut it. It'd be like having Gus Gould or Sterling run the NRL. What do they know, really, about running a professional sport?

They don't have it and Niu doesn't have it. Working for a billionaire dollar company you should know this better than anyone. And until I see visible progress i'll always take the view that there needs to be fundamental changes made to the power structure of the AMNRL to really move it forward.

Lets just hope the changes behind the scenes are of merit and not Niu pulling another bait-and-switch on the RL faithful

Y2Eel

First Grade
But that's the point. A true business man wouldn't need funding.

Granted it's hard, but it'd be far easier with a CEO who had a clue. How this can be disputed I don't know. Too many of you who know the bloke are letting your personal opinions on the man blind you.

His passion for the game will never cut it. It'd be like having Gus Gould or Sterling run the NRL. What do they know, really, about running a professional sport?

They don't have it and Niu doesn't have it. Working for a billionaire dollar company you should know this better than anyone. And until I see visible progress i'll always take the view that there needs to be fundamental changes made to the power structure of the AMNRL to really move it forward.

Lets just hope the changes behind the scenes are of merit and not Niu pulling another bait-and-switch on the RL faithful

You might need to explain this part a little bit more...

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
Rugby Highlights I cant believe I am dignifying you with a response but you are so full of it. For those who care, here is a few points....

Hasn't attracted ant top class coaches eh?
Start with this fool -
John Cartwright (Gold Coast Titans) coach of the USA team when they played Australia in 2004.
Matt Elliot (Penrith Panthers) Coach of the USA team in the 2007 World Cup qualifications
Whenever they tour Australia Brian Smith (Sydney Roosters) ia a regular at trainings. This is besides all the NRL team practices they visit and train with.
Craig Bellamy (Melbourne Storm) ran coaching clinics in Philadelphia and New York here in 2008.
Michael Maguire (Former Canberra and Melbourne Assistant, now head coach of Wigan) has been coming over and ran coaching clinics several times in the last few years.
That is just off the top of my head!

Also in regards to the Australia vs USA game. You try landing a Rugby League field over here! They got to play at Franklin Field at the University of Pennsylvania, where the Philadelphia Eagles once played, one of the most revered college fields in the US. So what it was astro turf - it added to the Americanness.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Field

By the way, lets see how you would do negotiating with Murdoch to show this live in the US, England and Australia!

Mostly, Rugby League teams play on far supieror grounds here than the Union players do. Ever been to Pier 40 in New York City. Rob Balachandran had that built, to full Rugby league specifications. You are an uninformed fool!http://thrivenyc.com/villager_107/thingsarekickingatthenew.html

Give me a day off and I will go all day!

BTW waht have you ever done in the buisness/sports world that makes you such an expert?

Choo Choo

Juniors
Rugby Highlights I cant believe I am dignifying you with a response but you are so full of it. For those who care, here is a few points....

Hasn't attracted ant top class coaches eh?
Start with this fool -
John Cartwright (Gold Coast Titans) coach of the USA team when they played Australia in 2004.
Matt Elliot (Penrith Panthers) Coach of the USA team in the 2007 World Cup qualifications
Whenever they tour Australia Brian Smith (Sydney Roosters) ia a regular at trainings. This is besides all the NRL team practices they visit and train with.
Craig Bellamy (Melbourne Storm) ran coaching clinics in Philadelphia and New York here in 2008.
Michael Maguire (Former Canberra and Melbourne Assistant, now head coach of Wigan) has been coming over and ran coaching clinics several times in the last few years.
That is just off the top of my head!

Also in regards to the Australia vs USA game. You try landing a Rugby League field over here! They got to play at Franklin Field at the University of Pennsylvania, where the Philadelphia Eagles once played, one of the most revered college fields in the US. So what it was astro turf - it added to the Americanness.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Field

By the way, lets see how you would do negotiating with Murdoch to show this live in the US, England and Australia!

Mostly, Rugby League teams play on far supieror grounds here than the Union players do. Ever been to Pier 40 in New York City. Rob Balachandran had that built, to full Rugby league specifications. You are an uninformed fool!http://thrivenyc.com/villager_107/thingsarekickingatthenew.html

Give me a day off and I will go all day!

BTW waht have you ever done in the buisness/sports world that makes you such an expert?

Mr Knight and Spinner,

Why spend time arguing with an obvious idiot? This is another example of an armchair quarterback who is 8,000 miles away talking nonsense about a topic of which he has no first hand knowledge.

We all know what Niu has done for Rugby League in the U.S. His efforts have built a strong competition here in the states. Also, we all know what each club has done to further the game.

While Rugby Highlights is entitled to his opinion, its just that, an opinion, and he needs to get accurate information before spewing his rant. Try asking for information from League and club officials instead of jumping to conclusions.

There are MANY AMNRL supporters on this forum and I for one appreciate the support. It's sad that a few (Rugby Highlights is leading the list now) lack the courage to get off their bum, get on a plane, and lend a hand over here instead of bashing the league.

I'll end by correcting one of the errors Rugby Highlights listed today. The Fairfax Eagles play at Stratton Woods park in Herndon, VA. BTW, it's not "in a forest", but a recreation area right off a main motorway from Washigton, D.C. to Dulles International Airport. While its not Pier 40 or the UNF Stadium in Jacksonville, it is a proper pitch. You have to understand that for many clubs here local politics play very deep into field allocations. We have to contend with youth soccer, lacrosse, and football to get fields.

While we can always improve, and we ARE improving, Rugby League in the U.S. is progressing.

Danny Hanson - Fairfax Eagles

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
Sorry Pom, I was wrong about that fact about the game shown in England. I am sorry.

But you have to admit the rest is pretty impresive.

winnyason

Juniors
Jeez give Dave a break he is doing good, has a good amateur comp run over a lot of the USA, a mid west and hawaii development, alot of people are just impatient over whether there will be a july 4th pro comp launch.

deluded pom?

Coach
alot of people are just impatient over whether there will be a july 4th pro comp launch.

Impatience is the crux of the matter winny. I think it would be better to keep quiet on certain issues rather than make announcements, especially with a deadline date attached, and get people's hopes up. They would have been better just changing the website as and when it was good to go instead of posting on there about new changes that still haven't happened.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Impatience is the crux of the matter winny. I think it would be better to keep quiet on certain issues rather than make announcements, especially with a deadline date attached, and get people's hopes up. They would have been better just changing the website as and when it was good to go instead of posting on there about new changes that still haven't happened.

The icing on the cake is he's done this atleast thrice, from memory alone.

Every few years the AMNRL goes stale and he pops up with fanciful claims of a professional US competition. Then a few months after the announcement he'll go into hiding and doesn't come good on his announcements.

What's shocking is that David and his cronies act surprised when people doubt the validity and merit of his work and announcements.

I'm sure you disagree with much of what I've said but it really highlights the difference in logic and manners between the Niu doubters and supporters. Everyone in here in support of Niu has fired atleast one direct insult.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Mr Knight and Spinner,

Why spend time arguing with an obvious idiot? This is another example of an armchair quarterback who is 8,000 miles away talking nonsense about a topic of which he has no first hand knowledge.

We all know what Niu has done for Rugby League in the U.S. His efforts have built a strong competition here in the states. Also, we all know what each club has done to further the game.

While Rugby Highlights is entitled to his opinion, its just that, an opinion, and he needs to get accurate information before spewing his rant. Try asking for information from League and club officials instead of jumping to conclusions.

There are MANY AMNRL supporters on this forum and I for one appreciate the support. It's sad that a few (Rugby Highlights is leading the list now) lack the courage to get off their bum, get on a plane, and lend a hand over here instead of bashing the league.

I'll end by correcting one of the errors Rugby Highlights listed today. The Fairfax Eagles play at Stratton Woods park in Herndon, VA. BTW, it's not "in a forest", but a recreation area right off a main motorway from Washigton, D.C. to Dulles International Airport. While its not Pier 40 or the UNF Stadium in Jacksonville, it is a proper pitch. You have to understand that for many clubs here local politics play very deep into field allocations. We have to contend with youth soccer, lacrosse, and football to get fields.

While we can always improve, and we ARE improving, Rugby League in the U.S. is progressing.

Danny Hanson - Fairfax Eagles

I've spoke to many League and Club officials. They're largely Niu-Bots who'd be out of the game if the AMNRL went professional. There's only a few who merit their positions.

Your accusation that I have no knowledge of League in America is wrong, but lets theorise, if it were true, that goes would go against me how? If anything the notion would play right into my argument. In depth info pertaining to League in America, the AMNRL and NRLUS should be freely available online. If it isn't, who's fault is this? It would be yours.

You, the rest of the club and league officials and largest to blame is again your good friend Niu.

Sure, there's probably a few holes in my argument, but that fault doesn't lie with me. I shouldn't be expected to fly half way around the world to inspect your stadia(if you can call it that).

At the end of the day League in America is progressing too slowly and it's Nius fault. Complacent managers like yourself also need to take some of the weight for this. What is your team CEO doing, tell me. What are you doing?

Complaining about the local politicians won't help. Attacking me hasn't helped you.

Now if you want actual help then all you'd need to do is ask, genuinely. Trying to bait me up while rhetorically asking what I've done or what I'd be capable of doing won't do much.

Want a website? I can do that. I've emailed your hotmail contact(club email) with that very offer. Infact I've emailed every single team, believe it or not. Not a single club got back to me on my offer, despite the fact I wanted nothing in return. And this is the sort of complacency that annoys me. Because you're sat here telling me I'm wrong in my views, yet every experience I've had pertaining to the AMNRL is what's moulded my opinions. I didn't just wake up one morning disliking Niu and the rest of the guys in charge of the game without reason.

There's many things people would be willing to do if you stopped with the rhetoric, personal attacks and brainwashed defence of the state of League in America.

I own thousands of pounds worth of marketing software that could increase your online presence over night. Social network account creation, article submissions, pinging software etc.

Want more sponsors, advertisers? I could quite easily get my hand on a database of 100,000 American business contacts, email and physical. Even in general or pertaining to specific regions. Mass emails? Can get the software to send them.

Fairfax have a tourism website, why isn't Rugby League on there as one of the few League teams in America? Even if it's gimmiky I'd be shocked if they wouldn't give you a mention.

And it's this sort of grass roots marketing and promotional stuff that simply isn't being done under the current power structure. Niu making up stuff about the NRLUS every few years is hardly constructive in the longer term.

If I'm wrong tell me I'm wrong, but tell me why and tell me what is being done. Nobodies been able to tell me what's being done. Yet we're expected to accept the claims without any visible evidence.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
Rugby Highlights

Did you not want to acknowledge that I blew your arguments away last time re quality coaches and fields! Love to hear it!

Play some footy

Juniors
Rugby Highlights

Did you not want to acknowledge that I blew your arguments away last time re quality coaches and fields! Love to hear it!

relax girls. you both are right and yet wrong. there have been some "high level" league guys in the states but progress overall has been slow.

i'd think the most difficult is having a regular job AND trying to promote the game via various avenues described. there are sponsors out there willing to spend some coin but again, with current economic conditions, its difficult convincing any business owner to shell out money for a sport they still assoicate with "scrums" and guys "taping there heads"

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Rugby Highlights

You mentioned two coaches who coached the USA Eagles. Plenty of international teams have well credited coaches. It isn't a reflection domestic progress.

You're using falacies to prove untruths.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
You mean the Tomahawks (but you probably don't know, thats OK)

Tell me in these times how you are going to get US companies to fork out money for a coach they have never heard of. Do you live in the real world. I think not, have you ever run a buisness or a big project (your dad doesnt count). Probably not.

Inform us genius of how you would attract these coaches over with all the money you have secured from where I dont know. Give us a clue!

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
You mean the Tomahawks (but you probably don't know, thats OK)

Tell me in these times how you are going to get US companies to fork out money for a coach they have never heard of. Do you live in the real world. I think not, have you ever run a buisness or a big project (your dad doesnt count). Probably not.

Inform us genius of how you would attract these coaches over with all the money you have secured from where I dont know. Give us a clue!

Obviously I meant the Tomahawks.

I run my own business and my own projects. I know all about getting sponsors and investors. I'm a marketer, it's kind of my field. That's my job.:lol:

And you miss the point, I don't claim to have the power to bring over big players and big coaches. What I'm suggesting is if the game was marketed and run properly, it would be at a stage where coaches would consider it a viable position to take up.

Instead most of them are out in Australia coaching u10s:crazy: