What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An outsiders view of Souths

RifRaf

Juniors
This year as well.... Only SuperLangas riding his flying Dyson Vacuum cleaner can save them now!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And thank god for that dyson. They might use it to get rid of all of Owen's excess fat-liposuction-I hope it's got a big bag!!!!! :lol:

Jake

Juniors
HappyTiger said:
This thread was written by a supporter of a team who has a future unlike ur sad and sorry club. :lol: :lol:

Is this the same sad and sorry club that beat you twice this year, and the same sad and sorry club that did'nt bend over and touch thier toes when everyone else was merging.
We might be sad and sorry at the moment, but atleast we fought for our identity.
Your club did'nt, so looking at the big picture who really is the sad and sorry club? and who is your future going to be with, are there any clubs left to merge with? :lol:
The west balmain eels maybe. ;-)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
we still have our identity, you may not think so, but your not a Tigers supporter and I wouldn't expect you too.

We merged, we stayed in the comp, we didn't get booted, then brought back in and buy a heap of top quality players and come last for 2 years straight. The dogs saved your arses in 2002, but you lost more games than everyone else-that spells last to me.

Jake

Juniors
madunit said:
we still have our identity, you may not think so, but your not a Tigers supporter and I wouldn't expect you too.

We merged, we stayed in the comp, we didn't get booted, then brought back in and buy a heap of top quality players and come last for 2 years straight. The dogs saved your arses in 2002, but you lost more games than everyone else-that spells last to me.

You still have your identity, very funny.
Which identity do you have, the balmain tigers or the western suburbs magpies.
Sorry, silly me, cant be either of them as they are both dead.
We might have finnished last, but Its not like you guys were anything special.
Did I mention that we beat you twice this year. :D

Grantwhy

Juniors
Jake said:
madunit said:

Sorry Jake but the Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs still exist - they just don't have individual teams in the NRL.

Jake

Juniors
Grantwhy said:
Jake said:
madunit said:

Sorry Jake but the Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs still exist - they just don't have individual teams in the NRL.

If they existed would'nt they be called the balmain tigers and the western suburbs magpies, as in seperate teams?
They are a JOINT VENTURE the wests tigers, so the balmain tigers and the western suburbs magpies are no longer with us.
I'm not making fun of them, but if thier boards had the balls to fight when george offered, they would'nt be a product of foxtel.
And you confirmed what I said, the balmain tigers or the western suburbs magpies don't have teams in the NRL, souths do (my origional point).
It's ashame though, I liked the maggies.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Jake said:
Grantwhy said:
Jake said:
madunit said:

If they existed would'nt they be called the balmain tigers and the western suburbs magpies, as in seperate teams?
They are a JOINT VENTURE the wests tigers, so the balmain tigers and the western suburbs magpies are no longer with us.
I'm not making fun of them, but if thier boards had the balls to fight when george offered, they would'nt be a product of foxtel.
And you confirmed what I said, the balmain tigers or the western suburbs magpies don't have teams in the NRL, souths do (my origional point).

The Western Suburbs Magpies and Balmain Tigers still exist, unlike teams such as, the Gold Coast, Sth Qld Crushers, Perth Reds etc.

Having or Not Having a team playing in the NRL doesn't mean you exist or don't exist. It is the underlying structure behind them that counts.

Even when they didn't have a team playing in the NRL Souths still existed - didn't they?

Jake

Juniors
Grantwhy said:
Jake said:
Grantwhy said:
Jake said:
madunit said:

The Western Suburbs Magpies and Balmain Tigers still exist, unlike teams such as, the Gold Coast, Sth Qld Crushers, Perth Reds etc.

Having or Not Having a team playing in the NRL doesn't mean you exist or don't exist. It is the underlying structure behind them that counts.

Even when they didn't have a team playing in the NRL Souths still existed - didn't they?

Yes they did, but not where it counts, on the footy field.
We were alive in the sense that we did'nt sell out our own identity and fought for re instatment.
If we were now the south sydney sharks, we would be classed as a new club and the origional souths would be dead.

RifRaf

Juniors
You throw around the word exist alot.... Might I sugest you concentrate on a couple of other words... Substance: something Souths have lacked since there return and pre "the boot".... Respect: I don't need to explain this one to you do I.... Both of these the Tigers are gaining and unbelievably both of which the Dunnys are still losing (setting new standards for rock bottom).... I'm looking forward to 2004 I doubt any Dunnys fan in his right mind could say the same... Well at least you should perform better in 2005 when you "EXIST" in the metro cup it's a fine competition, just have to keep Tezza off the sponsors merchandise....

rastus

Juniors
RifRaf said:
You throw around the word exist alot.... Might I sugest you concentrate on a couple of other words... Substance: something Souths have lacked since there return and pre "the boot".... Respect: I don't need to explain this one to you do I.... Both of these the Tigers are gaining and unbelievably both of which the Dunnys are still losing (setting new standards for rock bottom).... I'm looking forward to 2004 I doubt any Dunnys fan in his right mind could say the same... Well at least you should perform better in 2005 when you "EXIST" in the metro cup it's a fine competition, just have to keep Tezza off the sponsors merchandise....

Do yourself a favour and go to the Wests Tigers forum and read what a lot of their supporters are saying about you & Souths. How does it feel to be derided by your own. Anyway, good to see a lot of tigers fans being realistic - something sadly lacking in your make-up.

RifRaf

Juniors
Do yourself a favour and don't reply posts to me.... It will just end the same way it always has... And you called me spineless..... Derided by my own.... A week away and you still ain't got shit!

awwww

This boofhead doesn't speak on behalf of all Wests, Balmain or Wests Tigers supporters. He speaks on behalf of himself and does it pretty poorly to boot. Him and his webtard pack have been politely asked to tone it down by at least one mod.

That's the gist of what's been said regarding this on the Tiger's forum.

My take on this is that these terminal nonces see the Souths forum as easy pickings due to Souths winning the spoon this year.

RifRaf

Juniors
And toned down I have, I merely responding and to previous posts and if you look above you'll see that I kept it to football and our friend Rastus that started again playing the man not the ball... Great timing jumping on the cause..... Talk about shutting the gate after the horse has bolted... I'll leave you alone with your bunnie mates for a love in now shall I?

RifRaf said:
And toned down I have, I merely responding and to previous posts and if you look above you'll see that I kept it to football and our friend Rastus that started again playing the man not the ball... Great timing jumping on the cause..... Talk about shutting the gate after the horse has bolted... I'll leave you alone with your bunnie mates for a love in now shall I?

Sure, I love everyone......eventually.

You're just pissed off because people don't want to play with you any more. They'd rather talk amongst themselves than listen to your crap.

Anyway, don't be mad, there's oneye from the Dogs forum and Rooster Cogburn everywhere else that you could play with. They're right up your alley from what I can see.

Or you could play with me, I have broad shoulders.

Here, I'll be Devil's advocate and respond to a little of your pulsating responses.

RifRaf said:
You throw around the word exist alot.... Might I sugest you concentrate on a couple of other words... Substance: something Souths have lacked since there return and pre "the boot"

Big statement. Wests Tigers have been really impressive since the JV. We haven't even made the semis, yet. If substance is perfomance based, which it is in this instance, we're no better than Souths.

RifRaf said:
Respect: I don't need to explain this one to you do I.... Both of these the Tigers are gaining and unbelievably both of which the Dunnys are still losing (setting new standards for rock bottom)

The Wests Tigers JV hasn't earned it yet. Souths were out of the comp completely and have been back for less time than it takes me to eat a Big Mac.

RifRaf said:
.... I'm looking forward to 2004 I doubt any Dunnys fan in his right mind could say the same... Well at least you should perform better in 2005 when you "EXIST" in the metro cup it's a fine competition, just have to keep Tezza off the sponsors merchandise....

2004. I think we'll go well in 2004 too. But then again, I picked Penrith to run 12th in 2003.

You obviously can see into the future. Care to share next Saturday's Lotto numbers Nostradamas?

The fact is that Souths are in the same position we were a couple of years ago. Buying crocks and Dinosaurs because no one wants to play there. We were there and up until this season's purchased players were announced we could still have been there.

The Bunnies aren't my favourite side either but if I was going to annoy anyone it would be the Brookvale Blurt Burglars or the Moore Park Mud Tunnellers.

Have some class.

RifRaf

Juniors
I was referring to the coming season, in which via recruiting and better running of the club we are gaining both substance and respect (see comments from other clubs posters re They see us as the big impovers) where as souths have neither..And by your Westie comments it's obvious you have no idea of the history of the tigers side of things... Eagles? However, Class was a great movie, I thing Andrew McCarthy was a highly under rated actor and Rob Lowe also put in a stellar performance... I haven't got a copy but I'll try to find one for you... ;-)

rastus

Juniors
RifRaf said:
I was referring to the coming season, in which via recruiting and better running of the club we are gaining both substance and respect (see comments from other clubs posters re They see us as the big impovers) where as souths have neither..And by your Westie comments it's obvious you have no idea of the history of the tigers side of things... Eagles? However, Class was a great movie, I thing Andrew McCarthy was a highly under rated actor and Rob Lowe also put in a stellar performance... I haven't got a copy but I'll try to find one for you... ;-)

:lol: :lol: You are truly stupid. So Wests are gaining respect and substance in anticipation of their efforts next year :lol: :lol: :lol: Well perhaps by your own extremely mediocre standards that might suffice. But other ppl would wait until the season actually got underway before handing out plaudits :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RifRaf

Juniors
Lets have an english lesson "gaining" one word... "Having" another.... Niether of which you have..... Might be another case of the BBQ calling the milk bottle I think.....

RifRaf said:

Mate, the coming season hasn't been played, yet you've already assumed that we'll finish ahead of Souths. As a Wests supporter of many year, I take nothing for granted no matter who says we'll be the "big improvers".

I don't know anything about the Balmain side and if I said I cared, I'd be lying.

The poor buggers have to live with an administration that's purchasing our cast offs. Our administration was doing exactly the same less than two years ago. They're only two matches in 2004 from being better than us and a half decent season away from having a shot at players that we want to keep.

You obviously haven't seen Mannequin.

Latest posts