What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

monsterkev

Juniors
Everyone is putting a lot of faith in Ben hunt
He is a good halfback that will be playing in a shit team
Still think we will be bottom on the table next year

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
With Hunt playing a blinder as hooker, we should revoke McCrones leave to Canada and keep him for next season.
It's a win win situation, right?

nontime111

Juniors
I think with Hunt and Dufty as well as a promotion of Leilua I think well be at the TOP rather than the bottom

I know Mcpuff is a wanker but with a team like that well do great things regardless......my biggest dissappointment with Mcpuff is the way he NEVER drops a player!! saints is more like a social club than a leauge team where the players live in abject literal FEAR of the coach

I think even a slow f(*^ like Mcpuff will eventually get it, seasons end maybe after a review hell get time to read our comments here! or maybe hang out with a REAL coach like Bellyache to have a bit of mungrel rubbed off!

cmon Mcpuff!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Life's Good

Coach
Everyone is putting a lot of faith in Ben hunt
He is a good halfback that will be playing in a shit team
Still think we will be bottom on the table next year

Putting aside the coaching issue Hunt will thrive as a genuine playmaker behind our pack.
We were going gangbusters for the first 10 rounds as a result of our pack. We have fallen away because we have lacked the creativity which is halfback/fullback related. Hunt & Dufty plug those gaps giving us a plan B, C & D.
Will we win the comp, I doubt it. Will we be more consistent & competitive with less fade outs? I say yes.

Dragons22

Juniors
Putting aside the coaching issue Hunt will thrive as a genuine playmaker behind our pack.
We were going gangbusters for the first 10 rounds as a result of our pack. We have fallen away because we have lacked the creativity which is halfback/fullback related. Hunt & Dufty plug those gaps giving us a plan B, C & D.
Will we win the comp, I doubt it. Will we be more consistent & competitive with less fade outs? I say yes.
Well if we had a real coach we could very well win the competition.

Gareth67

First Grade
A great display in tonights match , can see him repeating his good form next season with the Dragons .
This ittle bloke is classy , perhaps not in the same boat as Cronk and Thurston , but ahead of Cherry Evans . And all class players will perform , regardless of whom they may play for .

Last edited:
I think with Hunt and Dufty as well as a promotion of Leilua I think well be at the TOP rather than the bottom

I know Mcpuff is a wanker but with a team like that well do great things regardless......my biggest dissappointment with Mcpuff is the way he NEVER drops a player!! saints is more like a social club than a leauge team where the players live in abject literal FEAR of the coach

I think even a slow f(*^ like Mcpuff will eventually get it, seasons end maybe after a review hell get time to read our comments here! or maybe hang out with a REAL coach like Bellyache to have a bit of mungrel rubbed off!

cmon Mcpuff!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
I love your optimism but nothing positive will happen while McGregor is coach.
Just look at the roster at the Warriors.
Having good players doesn't always add up to success.
The players can't coach themselves.
I think the Coach has a huge say as to whether a team reaches its potential or not.
Look at Parramatta under Arthur. He has them firing on all cylinders.
We cannot afford to compromise on the calibre of our coach any more.
We have already wasted 5 years that have been a misery for every St. George fan around the world.

So let's take what you say on board and ask the simple question.
What will make the definitive difference between what you describe and actually winning the comp?
Plans B, C and D do not fall out of the sky.

Life's Good

Coach
So let's take what you say on board and ask the simple question.
What will make the definitive difference between what you describe and actually winning the comp?
Plans B, C and D do not fall out of the sky.
I didn't say we will win the comp with Hunt. To do that we will need a new coach.

Life's Good

Coach
Bullseye
I understood your meaning 100%
I actually think we have a great roster with some tweaking.
Get some genuine smarts running the show and anything's possible - even a premiership.
Our roster for this year is good coupled that is backed by some promising juniors. If Mary was up to the job the back of the season would have mirrored the start and we would be planted comfortably in the 8 thinking that we are getting close to a premiership at some point during the tenure of Hunt.

Old Timer

Coach
Our new half has had his most effective game since the end of 2015 by playing hooker is that not a little concerning?
No doubt Hunt will be a very good upgrade on Mc Crone but you would think that he would have had some seriously outstanding games as a half (not just a game here or there) in the last 2 years but not so sure that has actually happened.
The halves is a confidence position and needs someone brimming in it to be truly effective whereas a hooker needs a different skill set.
If Hunt is in anyway fragile in confidence Mc Fookknuckle will kill any that he has left.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

McGregor will still be coach. I wish I had your optimism, but that's sadly not the case. Also, Packer needs to be replaced with a like-for-like replacement.

It's still very early for Dufty (Dugan will be missed).

getsmarty

Immortal
I love your optimism but nothing positive will happen while McGregor is coach.
Just look at the roster at the Warriors.
Having good players doesn't always add up to success.
The players can't coach themselves.
I think the Coach has a huge say as to whether a team reaches its potential or not.
Look at Parramatta under Arthur. He has them firing on all cylinders.
We cannot afford to compromise on the calibre of our coach any more.
We have already wasted 5 years that have been a misery for every St. George fan around the world.

Correct and to think we had the choice between Arthur and Mary and the board chose Mary....

They should all hang their collective heads in shame....ruining our club. The Board should show some form of Conscience and all resign immediately, otherwise we the supporters need to do something

eg...Don't renew your membership; Don't go to games anymore. Let the crowd figures dwindle and they have no option...yes, I know that will be hard for many people to do but the status quo will remain until something drastic happens in terms of fans non-financial support.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Correct and to think we had the choice between Arthur and Mary and the board chose Mary....

They should all hang their collective heads in shame....ruining our club. The Board should show some form of Conscience and all re-sign immediately, otherwise we the supporters need to do something

eg...Don't renew your membership; Don't go to games anymore. Let the crowd figures dwindle and they have no option...yes, I know that will be hard for many people to do but the status quo will remain until something drastic happens in terms of fans non-financial support.
Too many peak hearts and apologists for it to ever happen.
As soon as we string 2 wins together they come out of the woodwork claiming anyone with any real idea about positive change is an anarchist.
Besides that the numbers in this place really represents about 3 / 8th's of 5 / 8th's of SFA of the supporter base.