What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

Life's Good

Coach
“That’s something in the Souths game I thought I didn’t do well. In that second half I was pretty disappointed with my kicking game and how we managed that back end. It’s something I’m trying to bring in to my game

In my mind this sort of critique of his own performance is what is going to make this bloke a great half back. Striving for the best, odes well for the future. Well done Mr Hunt!

Because we are winning it's easy to say that Hunt is a great addition to the team(obviously)but he seems genuinely happy to be here. I think a big part is that he is confirmed as our 7 and running things whereas at the Donkeys he was switched around and played 2nd fiddle to Milford.

ouryears

Bench
Because we are winning it's easy to say that Hunt is a great addition to the team(obviously)but he seems genuinely happy to be here. I think a big part is that he is confirmed as our 7 and running things whereas at the Donkeys he was switched around and played 2nd fiddle to Milford.
Sure does seem happy, I guess if creeping had it in for you even a world dictator would be scared and unhappy.

Definitely has much more free reign here, remember that magic kick to widdop in round one i think, widdop caught it on the run and scored, but it was ruled a foot in front so no try.

If he tried that with Wayne, he would still be in the naughty corner.

Life's Good

Coach
Sure does seem happy, I guess if creeping had it in for you even a world dictator would be scared and unhappy.

Definitely has much more free reign here, remember that magic kick to widdop in round one i think, widdop caught it on the run and scored, but it was ruled a foot in front so no try.

If he tried that with Wayne, he would still be in the naughty corner.
I don’t think Bennett had it in for him. It’s simply a case of Bennett doing as Bennett wants and found it easy to move Hunt around. Irrespective, it’s our gain and long may it continue.

ouryears

Bench
I don’t think Bennett had it in for him. It’s simply a case of Bennett doing as Bennett wants and found it easy to move Hunt around. Irrespective, it’s our gain and long may it continue.
Chucked him back to QLD Cup and didn't talk to him for weeks.
Same as Wayne treated Justin Hodges way back.

And same as he treated Tallis in his final year.

Not that I care, but creeping can get nasty, as in his brownie comments too.

Life's Good

Coach
Chucked him back to QLD Cup and didn't talk to him for weeks.
Same as Wayne treated Justin Hodges way back.

And same as he treated Tallis in his final year.

Not that I care, but creeping can get nasty, as in his brownie comments too.
Absolutely. He is a law unto himself about what he wants. Always has been, always will be.

Life's Good

Coach
Maybe that's why his star is fading, you can't manage today's 19/25 yr olds like you might have done previously.
I agree. It’s no different to any work place. How you managed people 10-15 years ago is very different to how you would manage them now for a whole variety of reasons.

rednwhites

Juniors
He is one of those players that just seems to put the defence in slow motion whenever he gets the ball in his hands. He's not overly showy or a finesser but he produces some beautiful football, and I am so grateful that we have secured him.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Hunt is the best signing we have made since I started supporting us in 79.

I still think he is improving too.

I thought he was a stand out for MOM today.

Hunt could be the form halfback of the comp right now and I think he will continue to improve as the year goes by. He looks to be playing better under Mary, than Bennett. Who would have thought? lol

Hunt is the best signing we have made since I started supporting us in 79.

I still think he is improving too.

I thought he was a stand out for MOM today.

Hunt could be the form halfback of the comp right now and I think he will continue to improve as the year goes by. He looks to be playing better under Mary, than Bennett. Who would have thought? lol

Bennett, Milford for Hunt, master coach.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I have always said that you build your team around a halfback and 5/8, I have added fullback to the equation too. They still need a good forward pack in front of them as well.

Dragonscales

Juniors
I personally believe you build your team around your middles (8,9,10,13,) then your halfback.

Having good halves is absolutely redundant with no dominance in the middle.

With the acquisition of Hunt, it solved the puzzle as we already had the dominant pack

I have to hand it to the recruitment who have done a 10/10 job IMO.

- Signing McInnes from Souths, he wasn't a regular starter
- Signing Vaughan from Canberra's RESERVE GRADE team, master stroke from recruitment
- Signing Graham for virtually nothing
- Having the strength to let go and offer Dugan what he's worth not what he wanted, a marquee and extremely important international
- Letting go of Joel Thompson
- Signing of Sims from Newcastle
- Even the signing of Latimore seems like an apt signing
- Signing Ben Hunt

I think the important thing about these signings in value for money.

I guess the only hiccup is Lafai, despite his scintillating 2017 season, 2018 and 2016 hasn't really impressed.

Latest posts