What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another LOL@Refs for SOO game 3

MilkShark

First Grade
Pretty sure there has never been a penalty count as exaggerated as 12-3, but exactly my point. I look forward to the Blues Fans response to the next lop sided count at Lang Park.

If NSW come out and do what QLD did in this weeks game then I am sure they will get penalised for it.

Kevin Walters would be smart to admit his team played stupidly which lead to the mass amount of penalties against them. He knew his team were going to find it hard keeping up against a younger and faster NSW team, so QLD came out with every intention of slowing it right down for a snoozefest.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
If NSW come out and do what QLD did in this weeks game then I am sure they will get penalised for it.

Kevin Walters would be smart to admit his team played stupidly which lead to the mass amount of penalties against them. He knew his team were going to find it hard keeping up against a younger and faster NSW team, so QLD came out with every intention of slowing it right down for a snoozefest.

Sticking doggedly to your point doesn't make any less of a one-eyed view. Your assertion that every single one of those 12 penalties (including the staggering 9-1 in the 1st half) were 100% valid is ridiculous, and one that not even all Blues fans share. You're deluded if you think BOTH teams weren't deliberately slowing down the play the ball Wednesday night along with other tactics.

No one is buying it.

Big Pete

Referee
Joey is flabbaghasted at a lot of things, none of them give others much trouble to understand

Adding this in really doesn't back your argument up

I know, I was just highlighting it because that's why it stood out from the spate of other bad calls.

Honestly, Qld have had the upper hand every year with dodgy calls going there way. If you disagree with that i'd be very surprised.

I'm not going to agree with a generalisation. Yes, there have been games where the Maroons have received the rub of the green but it's been decades since we've seen such a one-sided refereeing performance.

Qld didn't come to play footy, they wanted hold down in the tackles and slow the game down.

So does every team in the NRL, including the Cronulla Sharks, it's called controlling the ruck and both sides did their best to bend the rules in this regard.

NSW were guilty of this as well, yet were rarely penalised for it. Two obvious examples come to mind, the Farah hand in the ruck and Moylan being all over Parker like a cheap suit while he was trying to play-the-ball. Both happened early on and it's difficult to fathom why at least one of them weren't a penalty.

However, to say that the Maroons didn't come to play football lacks basis. They demonstrated from the opening stages a desire to spread the ball on any part of the field and it resulted with a fairly routine try to Greg Inglis. Had possession and field territory been more even, I'm sure the Maroons would have scored more points. Unfortunately the Blues received more than their fair share and we were treated to some very pedestrian attack.

They deserved every single one of those penalties conceded for this.

Didn't you concede earlier that were a few bad calls?

Sounds like you're making it up as it goes along there...

MilkShark

First Grade
I know, I was just highlighting it because that's why it stood out from the spate of other bad calls.

I'm not going to agree with a generalisation. Yes, there have been games where the Maroons have received the rub of the green but it's been decades since we've seen such a one-sided refereeing performance.

So does every team in the NRL, including the Cronulla Sharks, it's called controlling the ruck and both sides did their best to bend the rules in this regard.

NSW were guilty of this as well, yet were rarely penalised for it. Two obvious examples come to mind, the Farah hand in the ruck and Moylan being all over Parker like a cheap suit while he was trying to play-the-ball. Both happened early on and it's difficult to fathom why at least one of them weren't a penalty.

However, to say that the Maroons didn't come to play football lacks basis. They demonstrated from the opening stages a desire to spread the ball on any part of the field and it resulted with a fairly routine try to Greg Inglis. Had possession and field territory been more even, I'm sure the Maroons would have scored more points. Unfortunately the Blues received more than their fair share and we were treated to some very pedestrian attack.

Didn't you concede earlier that were a few bad calls?

Sounds like you're making it up as it goes along there...
You need to read it again, I wrote:

''Qld didn't come to play footy, they wanted hold down in the tackles and slow the game down. They deserved every single one of those penalties conceded for this.''

Sure there were some bad calls, the call made against Parker (I think?) where he put the ball onto a NSW guys leg and it was called knock on was a bad call. But the calls made against QLD for deliberately holding down in the tackle were right.

Last edited:

MilkShark

First Grade
Sticking doggedly to your point doesn't make any less of a one-eyed view. Your assertion that every single one of those 12 penalties (including the staggering 9-1 in the 1st half) were 100% valid is ridiculous, and one that not even all Blues fans share. You're deluded if you think BOTH teams weren't deliberately slowing down the play the ball Wednesday night along with other tactics.

No one is buying it.

If you want to pick my post apart for word then go for it.

Watch the first half again, QLD were rolling down the field so quickly. NSW had nothing, their play the balls were so slow that QLD could have gotten back 20m and still met NSW on the advantage line.

Big Pete

Referee
Sure there were some bad calls, the call made against Parker (I think?) where he put the ball onto a NSW guys leg and it was called knock on was a bad call. But the calls made against QLD for deliberately holding down in the tackle were right.

So ask yourself, why was Moylan all over him like a cheap suit, what was he trying to achieve?

The Blues were guilty of the same infringements but were allowed to get away with them.

And are you going to defend every single call the referees made in the ruck? What about the Maloney penalty in the 27th minute? Show me what Gillett did wrong there.

It's difficult to play footy when the officials gift the other team as much possession as they did.

However it is very satisfying to see that when they are gifted that amount of possession, successive sets, field position and penalties they do diddly squat with it.

The way that NSW played was deeply satisfying. Mountains of opportunity. Very little to show for it.

QLD almost snatch the victory with a pittance of repeat sets, field position, possession and penalties. Without the refs NSW are shit.

They did a bit in the last set though.
Gven that the Blues had already lost the series and done puck all with all the advantage that the refs gave them in Game 3. Getting the try in the last minute and thinking that to be a victory is like putting a cherry atop a turd and celebrating having it for dessert.

Whenever QLD has had the same situation and scored 20 or more points from the repeat sets/repeat goal line dropouts/field position/time in opposition 20 metre zone, the Blues fans say - "Well, if our team had the same amount of possession/repeat sets/ field position, we'd be scoring that much too". You guys had all of that in two games this year and scored bugger all points on the back of it.

So all in all one limp noodle win to lose the series.

Last edited:

Maximus

Coach
Pretty sure there has never been a penalty count as exaggerated as 12-3, but exactly my point. I look forward to the Blues Fans response to the next lop sided count at Lang Park.

No probably not, but in game 3 2014 qld won the penalty count 11-5, and in game 3 2015 qld won the penalty count 12-5.

I have no doubts you and the rest of the qld wankers sooking in this thread told NSW fans not to complain about those.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
No probably not, but in game 3 2014 qld won the penalty count 11-5, and in game 3 2015 qld won the penalty count 12-5.

I have no doubts you and the rest of the qld wankers sooking in this thread told NSW fans not to complain about those.

Doesn't realise the thread was started by NSW fans sooking about the refs. Proof that sore losers are always sore, even when they win a game.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Started by a NSWelshman or not, Big Pete has had a massive sook in here. Massive

Maximus is justified in his comment

Maximus

Coach
Doesn't realise the thread was started by NSW fans sooking about the refs. Proof that sore losers are always sore, even when they win a game.

But this thread was started before game 3, and the first posts after the game were by whinging qlders.

Big Pete

Referee
Big Pete has had a massive sook in here. Massive

Go hard or go home.

Look, I've long since accepted that referees make bad calls. However, the way the referees handled the game last week was a joke and it was clear example of home-town refereeing.

I just hope the Blues got something out of it and they actually play some footy next year. As tight as this series was, it didn't seem like either team brought their A game.

As far as my rant, I still have nothing on Daley.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
lol Mals rats and filth PMS fueled rant will forever remian the biggest sook in SOO history

No one can even touch Meninga in the whinge stakes. No one