What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin Disappreciation Society

pantherz9103

First Grade
The problem is they put the offload away after the crappy start to the season and while trying to play conservative was good enough to beat the poor or average sides, it's a different story against the top 4 sides.

OldPanther

Coach
I wonder if the NRL will do a trade in on coaches. They can have Griffin for cheap and we'll throw in Tamou.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Hook f**ked our season.

We had the worst attack of any team inside the opposition 10. That directly rerlates to no set plays or coaching.

He failed to build on last years season and all the things you can use the defend that are his own fault anyway for the most part.

We can only beat shit teams and we do it witg individua l brilliance. Not coaching

forby

Juniors
Who, realistically, would have done better? Who is available?
Would we be in the second week of the finals for the second year straight if somebody else was coaching?
I no fan of Griffin's coaching, but we need to give credit where it is due. It was not just potential or individuals that got them there. Remember this is the youngest squad in the NRL, and the coach must have had some influence in making them semi finalists again.
Whilst we had the worst attack in the opposition, we were the best in actually getting into the opposition 20.
We also had the best last 20 minute defence and attack records in the comp.
A bit more experience and polish could just make the difference between semi finalists and premiers!

OldPanther

Coach
Surely the club can see our only real issue is coaching. This team with some attacking structure would have won last night easily and possibly have been top 4. They might be young but they are ready to win due to the development they've had at the club. It's time to own a year and make it ours and I really don't think Griffin can give us that. I'm grateful for being in finals the last two years but it's time to take a step up.

mxlegend99

Referee
We rely far too much on players being brilliant and winning games rather than being a team.

In the end we can't match good teams because they are coached and we are not. If it werent for the likes of Moylan and Carty being able to randomly pull off miracles we dont even make the finals letalone win week 1.

Cleary is the best young half in the game. But we have no set plays or game plans for him to show his skills. He's not an x factor half. Hes a bloke with the skillset to control a game. Sadly our coach doesnt use players skills. He cant even identify when t he team is doing better. Putting Wallace back on last night was f**king stupid. Katoa had improved us

chrisD

Coach
Replace Wallace for next season. Cleary half, Moylan 5/8 and Cartwright at lock and honestly it'd be hard for the coach to fail, most things would take care of themselves. Just need time together.

Anyway, no use thinking about it when there's no rugby league being played. I'll be waiting on the inevitable offseason announcement with mixed feelings, hoping it's about Griffin and dreading it's about Moylan.

gUt

Coach
Good game last night, I reckon your club is finally about to become a proper contender. Provided you can get rid of the coach.

Geez we were glad to see the back of him

OldPanther

Coach
Replace Wallace for next season. Cleary half, Moylan 5/8 and Cartwright at lock and honestly it'd be hard for the coach to fail, most things would take care of themselves. Just need time together.

Anyway, no use thinking about it when there's no rugby league being played. I'll be waiting on the inevitable offseason announcement with mixed feelings, hoping it's about Griffin and dreading it's about Moylan.

To use a sport cliche, 110%

roofromoz

First Grade
Coming back from 2/9 was a good feat and I can see effort. But it's the tactics, such as the rubbish attack inside the attacking 20. It comes down to tactics and therefore the buck stops with Griffin. With the squad we have, we may become one of those 'treadmill' teams (to use an NBA term) where we're good enough to make the 8 but never threaten to win the comp if Griffin stays. Give Brennan a shot.

kinghippo

Juniors
Coming back from 2/9 was a good feat and I can see effort. But it's the tactics, such as the rubbish attack inside the attacking 20. It comes down to tactics and therefore the buck stops with Griffin. With the squad we have, we may become one of those 'treadmill' teams (to use an NBA term) where we're good enough to make the 8 but never threaten to win the comp if Griffin stays. Give Brennan a shot.
I like the idea of giving Brennan a go.
Make griffin a mascot for the year if they have to and spin it with the helping develop our juniors hype if they need to.
If whatever is going on with Moylan is even a little bit coach related, we stand to loose not only him but possibly a good replacement in Brennan for someone who really hasn't improved our team at all this season.

roofromoz

First Grade
I like the idea of giving Brennan a go.
Make griffin a mascot for the year if they have to and spin it with the helping develop our juniors hype if they need to.

Just like the Jack Clare / Roy Masters set up in 1974. Griffin is Clare and Brennan is Masters.

GongPanther

Referee
So after playing a total of 2,080 minutes of comp games,how the fook,did Hook get us to within 160 minutes of a GF?

Be interesting when the market is drawn up for next season the day after the GF.