What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin

mxlegend99

Referee
This is not from the NRL360 interview. I'd like to see the context in which it was said.
There's absolutely no context where that is anything other than a blatant lie and absolute bullshit trying to take credit for work that was done before he arrived.

The bulk of this team was developed before we ever signed him. His role in development has been giving them their debut. From there f

If you recall Gus didnt want our juniors being thrown into first grade when Ivan first arrived. He feared it would destroy them. Ruin the winning culture they had grown up with through the grades if thrown into our side at the time. He had a long plan in place.

Gus regularly credits all those averages guys we signed for their part in transforming the club. Hook came in once the hard work was done and the production line was was in full swing.

We arent going to sack an employee with a $1m payout figure for fictional reasons. It takes alot of good reasons to make a decision like that. If Hooks story was true, you would think the players would be unhappy and want to leave. No Broncos player followed him here. No Panthers player seems to care he's gone.

TheFrog

Coach
I'm starting to think a certain someone here is actually a close relative of Griffins... @TheFrog are you Hooks Uncle or something?
I'm a Panthers supporter who enjoys having a winning team to support. I'll get over it if we keep winning but I fear Ciro is but a rookie coach who is far from ready.

And I don't like being bullshitted to, which I believe id what the club and its GM, who is the boss cocky, are doing.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'm a Panthers supporter who enjoys having a winning team to support. I'll get over it if we keep winning but I fear Ciro is but a rookie coach who is far from ready.

And I don't like being bullshitted to, which I believe id what the club and its GM, who is the boss cocky, are doing.

Furry muff mate - I just see a lot of excuses for Griffin... Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily agree with the timing, but Griffin was no wonder coach and needed to go IMO

mxlegend99

Referee

Yet you're eating up all the bullshit Hook is serving. Even the stuff that is clearly lies.

You're taking the side of a guy who none of the players or coaching staff are sad to see leavr. Who refused to work with them or his boss. Because he was able to capitalize on the hard work Gus and Ivan put into the club... but claims they did nothing at all.

Makes sense.

TheFrog

Coach
There's absolutely no context where that is anything other than a blatant lie and absolute bullshit trying to take credit for work that was done before he arrived.

The bulk of this team was developed before we ever signed him. His role in development has been giving them their debut.

If you recall Gus didnt want our juniors being thrown into first grade when Ivan first arrived. He feared it would destroy them. Ruin the winning culture they had grown up with through the grades if thrown into our side at the time.

Gus regularly credits all those averages guys we signed for their part in transforming the club. Hook came in once the hard work was done and the production line was was in full swing.

We arent going to sack an employee with a $1m payout figure for fictional reasons. It takes alot of good reasons to make a decision like that. If Hooks story was true, you would think the players would be unhappy and want to leave. No Broncos player followed him here. No Panthers player seems to care he's gone.

Start at the end. The reasons were real. He had a blue with Gus. A lot of misinformation has been confected vainly attempting to support what was an appalling decision, much of it going back to before his contract was renewed. Gus's chickens are coming home to roost, trust me.

He was asked to emulate the Broncos setup. He did that. He was brought to a club that has played off for last place, and has made the finals three years running. He is entitled to claim success. Credit where it is due, like I said yesterday.

I'll never forget you tipping Newcastle to beat us at halftime when the score was level. We won 42-6. Tells me all I need to know.

betcats

Referee
Like a true bunch of coward bullies in a playground, here they are ganging up. Need each other for moral support boys? You haven't got the guts of a split pea between the lot of you. Why don't you go and pull the wings off insects.

“Oh no those big means boys disagreed with me! How dare they have different opinions to me!”

Lol you sad merkin. How’s uncle hook handling his time off? You were wrong about Griffin you idiot, deal with it. It’s like your big Ego won’t let you admit you are wrong, ever.

mxlegend99

Referee
Start at the end. The reasons were real. He had a blue with Gus. A lot of misinformation has been confected vainly attempting to support what was an appalling decision, much of it going back to before his contract was renewed. Gus's chickens are coming home to roost, trust me.

He was asked to emulate the Broncos setup. He did that. He was brought to a club that has played off for last place, and has made the finals three years running. He is entitled to claim success. Credit where it is due, like I said yesterday.

I'll never forget you tipping Newcastle to beat us at halftime when the score was level. We won 42-6. Tells me all I need to know.
Because you've never tipped something wrong. You are right though... that does seem to be all you know.

You don't know shit about the Hook situation. It's clear to most that he's a f**king useless coach and no one actually wants him coaching their team. Including us.

Tigers interviewed him and couldnt believe how unprepared and clueless he was. The job was his to lose and he lost it after one interview. Gus might have realised the same had he interviewed him and not spent the last 3 years trying to help Hook succeed.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Like a true bunch of coward bullies in a playground, here they are ganging up. Need each other for moral support boys? You haven't got the guts of a split pea between the lot of you. Why don't you go and pull the wings off insects.
Just so you're aware... You come across as a complete and utter f**kwit with posts like that... Of course, if that's your goal, then congrats, you're doing a bang up job champ...

OldPanther

Coach

Ok this is just dumb. Multiple people disagree with you isn't bullying and you were complicit in the exact same behavior against me in the thread about Griffin on the main page you hypocrite.

franklin2323

Immortal

That is the issue for me. Lies from Gus... Let Griffin lie is no longer part of this club.

mxlegend99

Referee
“Oh no those big means boys disagreed with me! How dare they have different opinions to me!”

Lol you sad merkin. How’s uncle hook handling his time off? You were wrong about Griffin you idiot, deal with it. It’s like your big Ego won’t let you admit you are wrong, ever.
Gus has a hugr ego and can admit he was wrong. He spent 3 years trying to avoid it. But ultimately realised it was alost cause.

It's unbelievable to think any fan could back thr coach over literally the entire organization.

OldPanther

Coach
That is the issue for me. Lies from Gus... Let Griffin lie is no longer part of this club.

That doesn't make sense. Why side with the liar that is now NOT at the Panthers and clearly created issues here over the liar who is trying their best for our club?

martielang

Bench
Yet you're eating up all the bullshit Hook is serving. Even the stuff that is clearly lies.

You're taking the side of a guy who none of the players or coaching staff are sad to see leavr. Who refused to work with them or his boss. Because he was able to capitalize on the hard work Gus and Ivan put into the club... but claims they did nothing at all.

Makes sense.

Your whole last paragraph is a rumour but you throw it around like it's a concrete fact.

You also take one exaggerated comment from a half hour interview & go on about it at nauseam & somehow think that justifies your view that everything Hook has said must be a lie... conveniently ignoring the fact that Gus made some pretty big claims over the last week which he has since backed away from (e.g. the Cleary debacle, Hook losing the dressing room to now not losing the dressing room but the players being 'confused' in his last 3 weeks of his time here) & also the fact that Hook's reason for being appointed was to manage our junior development, so there must be something in that surely.

betcats

Referee
Your whole last paragraph is a rumour but you throw it around like it's a concrete fact.

You also take one exaggerated comment from a half hour interview & go on about it at nauseam & somehow think that justifies your view that everything Hook has said must be a lie... conveniently ignoring the fact that Gus made some pretty big claims over the last week which he has since backed away from (e.g. the Cleary debacle, Hook losing the dressing room to now not losing the dressing room but the players being 'confused' in his last 3 weeks of his time here) & also the fact that Hook's reason for being appointed was to manage our junior development, so there must be something in that surely.

He was appointed to be our coach. Show me anything that says he was hired to manage our junior development(besides hook)?

martielang

Bench
He was appointed to be our coach. Show me anything that says he was hired to manage our junior development(besides hook)?

This is from a two second google search;

“Anthony’s experience, in particular his background in developing elite junior talent through to NRL level, made him the perfect fit for this club..."

I'm not saying anything ludicrous here. This is the main reason he was brought to the club.

betcats

Referee
This is from literally a two second google search;

“Anthony’s experience, in particular his background in developing elite junior talent through to NRL level, made him the perfect fit for this club..."

I'm not saying anything ludicrous here.

Talking about his experience is a long way from saying he was hired to manage our junior development or fix any kind of mess(as hook put it)

Look at the junior results, We had a lot of great juniors coming through, he was a coach known for bringing juniors through, no one is denying that. It does not mean we hired him to manage our junior development, those people and pathways were already in place as evidenced by the umpteen juniors we brought through before hook and the junior results before hook.

mxlegend99

Referee
Nah it makes sense. We hired an NRL coach to improve our junior development that was already the best in the NRL.

It's totally not to develop our NRL players. His job was supposed to be picking guys he had f**k all involvement with in development. And making them elite in the NRL like they were through the lower grades. Which is the line thrown out for bringing experienced guys like Tamou and Merrin here.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Martin, I heard stories 18 months ago on how (basic) almost pre-school level were Hook's game plans. (This was after a game where a group of us chatted about Panthers and life in general) Many of these blokes had good knowledge and contacts within the club.

There was also chat that Hook would lock himself away in his office and play 'no speakies' especially at the beginning of 17 when we were on that loosing streak.

According to these blokes the only thing that was saving him was the positive involement of Brandy, Gus and especially Cameron (whom they thought had a good footy brain)

Sure this was rumour, but those talking were very well conected to the club.

I honestly can't understand why he was extended at the end of 17 myself.

Latest posts