What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Bulldogs a protected species?

innsaneink

Referee
I thought racial vilification was an offence and now illegal.

Langmacks "Fat Black merkin comment to Craigie got him in a lot of hot water.

I would think either Pritchard or the Panthers would have to complain officially before its taken further.....good on the Panthers for using more bulldog crap to their advantage.....hopefully, it may show others that think its ok and can be used to gain the upper hand, that it in fact can have the opposite effect.

JK

I would think either Pritchard or the Panthers would have to complain officially before its taken further.....good on the Panthers for using more bulldog crap to their advantage.....hopefully, it may show others that think its ok and can be used to gain the upper hand, that it in fact can have the opposite effect.

It is called sledging (still yet to see 'racial' mentioned except by chook) and it happens in all sport. Ask the Australian cricketers.

More power to Penrith if they could rally from it.

Chook

First Grade
EdBurton said:
Surprised that this is the first we've heard of it!

The media take any chance they can to attack the game. Especially the bulldogs!

Too right!

The first two paragraphs make mention of "racial slurs" made towards Frank Pritchard by unamed Bulldog player/s.

Question is, will we hear more?

Chook.

JK

I'll wait for the official complaint thanks scoop.

Until then I won't believe an article with yet more un-named assailants.

Cammo

Bench
If there were racial slurs then a complaint shoud be made. If the Panthers don't make a complaint then it puts many holes in the story.

I would also wonder if the Ref heard them and will make a complaint as well. If he did then he should put it in his report on the match.

EdBurton

Juniors
Did the article put any particular focus on the fact that the slurs were racial? Or was it blown over quickly?

Cammo

Bench
Thinking about it even further. Surely the Ref must have heard something if it was true and would have said something to Steve Price about it. If he didn't hear it then the Panthers should have lanuched an on-field complaint.

I can't imagine them just letting racial slurs fly around the ground during a game without saying something about it.

DJ1

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
This is coming from the club that gave us Barry Ward in 1998...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Barry Ward denied the claim made by Mundine. The NRL suspended Ward regardless with no additional evidence. Ward, the workhorse lynchpin of the Bulldogs pack missed the Grand Final.

Mundine then went on to claim that all of the representative selectors were racists as they had not picked him in the Australian side. One of whom was Beetson.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
I remember that DJ1.
I can still remember the look on Barry Ward's face. He was devastated. As much as I don't want to call Mundine liar.....
Barry Ward just looked innocent. If you can say that.

If Penrith are not taking the matter further, then lets leave it at that.
The game doesn't need it.
That journo is after another 'sensational' headline.
I hope it blows over.

Pantherjim.

Referee
JK said:
I simply fail to see where 'racial' comes into it. There were taunts - big deal.

The Bulldogs have Mason, Tonga, Reni, Asotasi and Lolesi on the field from other races so any bulldog saying that would have had their head knocked in by one of those.

If they were taunting his game, fair enough.

Agree whole heartedly. The vast majority of Bulldogs players come from Non Anglo-Australian backgrounds.

I hardly think that any of them would sink low enough to hurl racist slurs at an opposing player.

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

ibeme

First Grade
I would hope that this isn't true. If it is, then the Panthers should make an official report, otherwise they should not mention it at all.

DJ1

Juniors
If true, the comment was most likely,

"Hey snowflake, wots up bro?"