What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Raiders the most disappointing team this year?

Incorrect

Coach
Can bang on about how bad our halves are playing all day but one look at for and against on the ladder and it shows where our real weakness is. Need to get rid of Dean Pay and lash out on the best defensive coach out there.
During our purple patch of winning spoons and coming 2nd last in 2011, 2012 and 2013, it was 2013 that was by far our worst in terms of leaking points - we were absolutely awful in 2013. And our coach and defensive coach - messrs Stuart and Pay....

I wonder if Stuart will work out some time before the end of season 2020 when he is now contracted until, that Dean Pay, while himself a stout and gritty defender back in his playing days, just doesn't seem to be able to coach a decent defensive structure...

Hawkins

Juniors
I did not have a good Saturday. You lot are reminding me of that. If your not nicer to me I'll have to go back to work.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't think its the bigger forwards. Paulo has been really good and Boyd has been getting better. Its the balance is midgets and huge hulking giants. He doesn't rotate the bench very well either

Paulo is one of the worst defensive props in the game tbh. A bunch of Eels fans were banging on about him a while back and that lunatic Pou compiled stats on his defence...he's bottom three in every category and I think he was the worst in terms of tackles per minute. He's always shirked in D. Of course that's part of what makes him so effective with the ball....but he does need to be covered for

Seizure and Austin have been awful this year , BJ would have scored untouched with an easier kick for Croker .... you have to wonder what the issue is between them

We just can never string two good seasons together. It's disheartening. We haven't made the finals 2 years in a row since 03-04. I guess that's not as pathetic as Parra though, but it's still depressing. I admit I genuinely thought they could at least be as good as last year, as I felt there was still a lot of improvement in the team in terms of cohesion. But the cohesion is getting worse, it seems Austin and Leilua just don't like each other.

Seizer has become a failure, who Ricky needs to shoulder charge on Mad Monday. His kicking game has turned to trash.

Austin is still doing a few positive things for us which the normal viewer wouldn't notice (biggest touch finders, biggest drop-outs in the game etc.). He also kicks some good bombs. But his running game seemed to desert him at the start of the year. He's been getting it back the past month, and still looks dangerous most times he runs the ball. But now he's deciding not to pass, and just go for the gusto himself. I suspect he's trying to get his full confidence back by scoring a long range solo try. He just needs to take the right damn option.

Hodgson is a shell of his former self. Hopefully we ban him for playing for England if he's carrying an injury.

Leilua looks fat and is fast becoming a sh*t teammate. His attitude visibly turns to sh*t when we're losing and getting frustrated out of games.

Clay Priest & Luke Bateman are not first grade standard.

I don't agree with our constant lock rotation. Bateman, Soliola, Tapine, Priest....let's make up our mind. It's not horses for courses at lock.

Wighton needs to improve his timing badly. He drops far too many passes when he chimes into the backline.

Our starting props are decent, but the bench leaves a lot to be desired.

Our wingers, and for the most part our 2nd-rowers are still good though. Yay.

Better days:

12d2da12de2363fdfbd91a295724a31e

Big Salad

Juniors
The Raiders had the easiest draw of any team in 2016 so their position on the ladder flattered them somewhat. This year is probably a truer reflection of where they are at with the current roster, but they're not as far off as some may think, perhaps only one or two good players away from the top 4.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
What does TIA stand for? "Thanks Idi Amin?"

Investigation needed.

If someone told me that Joey run out on the field with a swastika on I'd just about believe it.

BJ makes fifita look like a rocket scientist. Andrew doesn't have a mortgage on being a bit of a silly oaf

I feel for Raiders fans, whenever they finish a season well and come into the next season with a ton of promise they always flop. 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 & 2016 were all seasons that showed a lot of promise for the club and would have any fan optimistic yet the following seasons would always be a disaster. The club just can't get any momentum going over 2-3 seasons.

Latest posts