What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcharias

Immortal
Why doesn't one of those arsewipes from the newspaper ask those 3 blokes who are suing if Flano knew?

millersnose

Post Whore
Unlike a lot of posters, I actually think Flanno is telling the truth, and will do okay next year.

I have been in a position of leadership in a situation very similar, where I was 'disciplined' for making what some perceived to be a BIG mistake - sometimes one person just cannot 'cover every base' - there is such a thing as 'mitigating circumstances', so I have sympathy for him.

I also know plenty in Junior footy that have been made to look stupid, even though they were doing the work of 3-4 people out of love for the club!
Hmmm

They ran a doping regime and discovered
The club doctor knew
There were even explicit claims of horse drugs from players
The coach didn't blow the whistle
The club doctor didn't blow the whistle
..... Or did they.....

millersnose

Post Whore
Ask yourself if you were the club doctor and discovered injections and explicit claims of horse drug use what would you do
I would expect it would be reported to the highest levels at the club
Anything less would make me complicit in the doping scheme
Even then I would have thought if efforts were made to conceal it then if I were the doctor I would go over the heads of the coach and the board and report it to the nrl directly

It would be nice to have a single scapegoat but logic makes me speculate a lot of people were complicit in a cover up that was never going to succeed and ultimately put the club at huge risk

Quigs

Immortal
Two more weekends and I will be out on parole.

Got the whole offseason to enjoy the sunshine, smell the flowers, frollick in the Coral Sea.

I've never looked so forward to a five month break.

Surely

Post Whore
Ask yourself if you were the club doctor and discovered injections and explicit claims of horse drug use what would you do
I would expect it would be reported to the highest levels at the club
Anything less would make me complicit in the doping scheme
Even then I would have thought if efforts were made to conceal it then if I were the doctor I would go over the heads of the coach and the board and report it to the nrl directly

It would be nice to have a single scapegoat but logic makes me speculate a lot of people were complicit in a cover up that was never going to succeed and ultimately put the club at huge risk

Bingo

Hire kavanagh to compile a report in which the players weren't even asked questions.

As far as I'm aware most coaches would trust the doctor and performance team to ensure program was legal.

What coach is going to say hey doc trainer sports scientist go ahead give the boys horse drugs ?

I think everyone was lied too by dank and Elkin.

PJ

First Grade
As far as I'm aware most coaches would trust the doctor and performance team to ensure program was legal.

I believe that he didn't do this and was told by at least one person in that group very early on that Dank was bad.

PJ

First Grade
I couldn't answer that part definitively sorry Surely, but believe it was from industry contacts.

Card Shark

Immortal
I couldn't answer that part definitively sorry Surely, but believe it was from industry contacts.

There were reports early on in all this that the word had been passed in league circles, via Manly, that he was a suspicious character.

Edit: & the NRL let him continue without really making it known to us.

Last edited:

Eion

First Grade
Just listened to the Kent noyce interview.

Noycey handles himself really well I reckon, not just this time, but previously in the media too. He's been a great appointment for us through these shit times. I shudder to think what would have happened to us if he was a dud.

Oh and what a prize fuggwit Kent is. I liked a few of noyceys comments. Calling him on his agenda / why don't you do a poll / wake up to yourself / you've questioned 50 people's integrity. 50 people who are smarter and better educated / Paul Kent qc.

Great stuff, onya noycey.

Feej

First Grade
Should send a box of these up to the club for Phlemmo's return...
187852.jpg

Card Shark

Immortal

I agree others probably knew what happened. Doesn't mean they condoned it though.

Our club has 1 positive going for it, the development. Keeping this quiet during the delicate approval process might actually have saved the club?

Cardy, come on. Even if they were willfully blind to the whole debacle they are complicit, let alone if they outright knew but didn't do anything about it.

Card Shark

Immortal
Not sure what you are saying mate but what I mean is it's likely more in the club knew it happened than we know & we kept it to ourselves.

Card Shark

Immortal
It's anyone's guess who knew what & where.

Lets face it word gets around....we were too dumb to listen....& Dank is a good con artist.

Why did he leave Manly?

Status
Not open for further replies.