What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
I'd imagine the bans the players got in all this fits the crime.
Lot of people tend to differ.Dont know if it's the majority of the world or not you'd have to ask these media experts who don't know the facts if it's true.They must survey a whole heap of ill informed people or something because as far as I know only the parties involved are privy to this information.
Anyway can someone tell me if Dank will ever have to face a court?
Kent mentions somewhere on that blog that Dank said the players knew exactly what they took.
Be a wild guess but I don't know that the players would've been told or known things were illegal.
You can see this being more years in the courts.
If the players sue the Sharks which I think a few are would the sharks then sue Dank?
Probably already happening?
Where's Reefy?can we lift his suspension so he can answer this one?
Need a simple answer.

webShark

Foxsports reporting Gallen may seek permission to box whilst banned. If that is granted, it is a green light for peptides and taking banned drugs. Must be no truth in it surely.

webShark

i did. i commented on it twice.
are people actually outraged by this? like...really?

Many outraged it seems.

Not me. Don't see why awards should go to admitted drug cheats. Like someone else commented on TV, we are quick to condemn Chinese swimmers etc. Do you think we would believe they believed the drugs they took were legal?

The so called media agenda against the Sharks is garbage too. Just a Footy story. No one outside NSW and QLD Footy fans care less. Even Victorians mainly bothered about Essendon. People here don't care about Essendon either. Maybe the Courier Mail looks after the Broncos but we stuffed up whatever way you look at it. If the authorities were so Anti Cronulla , Flanno would not be allowed back.

I cant see Carney keeping his job anywhere in the Western Sports World with his bubbling either. The LA Clippers boss forced to sell cos of his racist comments. He is a billionaire.

My take is we were dumb and got off lightly. Culture is different between swimmers and Footy players. But even Hindy said Eels players were regularly earned by ASADA about drugs etc in team meetings etc
So in today's PC World, we expect to take drugs, get light sentences and Journos not to comment. If they do it is an Anti Sharks conspiracy.

Being honest, the board and staff have done more to damage the club than Journos. Some of our recent recruits are beyond performance enhancing to a decent level.

We could have used this ASADA crap to start from scratch and build from the bottom. But no, we extend the coach and bring back others stood down. I wish I could have had a 12 month holiday and come back to a 3 Year extension.

Who on here would bet against Gall retiring then suing us? The lawsuits are worrying. Club already admitted they done wrong. Players banned. Will be a matter of how much we pay out. Isaac Gordon will claim he was the new Greg Inglis. 10 Lawsuits at 300k is 3 Million. You think this is over? 300k is conservative.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Okay I just finished watching NRL 360. Special guests Keiran Foran and Mini. Warm and fuzzy and then ASADA came up and benny asked Foran (first) for his views on the length of the bans etc. He basically looked a little uneasy (IMO) and just harped on how he had wanted the saga over. Would not be drawn on the bans and persisted with the view he was relieved it was done and dusted. ( of course we know it's not that simple)

Mr P Kent sat there and said nothing. (Foran broke into 1st grade 2009).

Now don't you think moral campaigner Kent would ask the obvious question of Foran ?

Like what was Dank up to at Manly for at least 4 years and according to Roy Masters much longer?

( O.T. Mini basically defended the players btw likening them to naive trusting lambs to the slaughter apparently duped by dodgy advice)

So PK (as benny affectionately refers to him) why no interest in the brookie situation during Danks tenure?

I won't be holding my breath for an answer.

SharkShocked

Bench
As per always he was his usual glorified gossip columnist self.

Offers no insight, only ever regurgitates things and then continues the same old rhetoric "I'm privy to information that hasn't yet been released and that it would make everyone look bad".

He wants certain information tested.

Well, there was a way for ALL information to be tested in regards to this entire cirucs, if ASADA didn't cave and offer stupid reductions.

But no, they caved, because they stuffed this whole thing up.

bluey

Bench
Many outraged it seems.

Not me. Don't see why awards should go to admitted drug cheats. Like someone else commented on TV, we are quick to condemn Chinese swimmers etc. Do you think we would believe they believed the drugs they took were legal?

The so called media agenda against the Sharks is garbage too. Just a Footy story. No one outside NSW and QLD Footy fans care less. Even Victorians mainly bothered about Essendon. People here don't care about Essendon either. Maybe the Courier Mail looks after the Broncos but we stuffed up whatever way you look at it. If the authorities were so Anti Cronulla , Flanno would not be allowed back.

I cant see Carney keeping his job anywhere in the Western Sports World with his bubbling either. The LA Clippers boss forced to sell cos of his racist comments. He is a billionaire.

My take is we were dumb and got off lightly. Culture is different between swimmers and Footy players. But even Hindy said Eels players were regularly earned by ASADA about drugs etc in team meetings etc
So in today's PC World, we expect to take drugs, get light sentences and Journos not to comment. If they do it is an Anti Sharks conspiracy.

Being honest, the board and staff have done more to damage the club than Journos. Some of our recent recruits are beyond performance enhancing to a decent level.

We could have used this ASADA crap to start from scratch and build from the bottom. But no, we extend the coach and bring back others stood down. I wish I could have had a 12 month holiday and come back to a 3 Year extension.

Who on here would bet against Gall retiring then suing us? The lawsuits are worrying. Club already admitted they done wrong. Players banned. Will be a matter of how much we pay out. Isaac Gordon will claim he was the new Greg Inglis. 10 Lawsuits at 300k is 3 Million. You think this is over? 300k is conservative.

Sooo true Webby

Generalzod

Immortal
Why are people so outraged NRL Immortalised a known drug cheat:

[youtube]dF6wpyu4Vq4[/youtube]

Can we take his medals away bunch of f**ken hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts